Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A legal analyst told our partners at 9News that the new charge of tampering with a human body, which documents say Morphew did between May 9th and 10th of 2020, could just be a suspicion by investigators. It could also mean they found a location where the body may have been at some point, and has been either hidden somewhere else or destroyed. If Morphew is found guilty of tampering with a human body, he could face up to 32 years in prison for that charge alone."
Accused killer Barry Morphew expected back in court, faces two new charges - KRDO

All JMO
It seems that BM was shady with money and at the time of the CO move, it sounded like they didn’t have the necessary funds to purchase the PP home.. 1) Suzanne probably told him they needed a smaller home that wasn’t so expensive but Barry being Barry said no, we need this lavishing expensive home IMO and 2) What I would like to know is how a bank or mortgage company approved them for a million dollar loan! and especially still having the IN home in their debt. Unless, my husband and I dealt with a terrible mortgage company, we had hard time getting a mortgage and coming up with a down payment for our house. We had steady payment checks, great credit score and cash saved to put a down payment but we had to show proof of where that cash came from. We didn’t have proof because we saved it all those years. It just blows my mind, how Barry was able to borrow all this money from other people to put towards their PP home.

I agree. It also blows my mind. Do we even know if there was a mortgage lender on the Colorado house? Or on the Indiana home? My experience in purchasing five homes in my lifetime has been exactly the same as yours when it comes to mortgage lenders.

Based on what Suzanne's sister said in the interview, it sounds like BM was pretty slick in getting his hands on $100,000 of her elderly father's money. Money her elderly father needed to support himself. Suzanne's siblings are clearly suspicious of BM and perhaps they have been "onto" him for a very long time and that there was more to BM than what meets the eye. JMO. JMO, he may have borrowed money from other individuals as well to get into the Colorado home.

In what world does it makes any sense whatsoever to pick up roots when you are 50 years old AND self-employed and move across the country, with no guaranteed income, and build a mansion? Poor Suzanne. I so wish she would have been able to see it for what it was. It was a huge red flag that things were really spinning out of control with BM, JMO.

BM managed to cause division in separating Suzanne from her siblings, due to the $100,000 loan and perhaps things that had happened in the past with him. It is just so incredibly sad.

All JMO

It very common for wives or families members of an alcoholic to attend AA meetings as a support mechanism for them being a victim and being able to understand the pain they’ve been caused.

BM being an alcoholic would not shock me one bit. He seemed to frequently be away from home working, yet the work he did was subpar and frequently outsourced to less capable people. Combine that with financial issues, rage issues and possible infedelity and that is a pretty strong profile of an alcoholic.
I just finished watching the CM & KM interview with MM and boy it sure revealed so much new information and insight into who Suzanne was and gives us an even better understanding of the history of her relationship with Barry and the move to Colorado. I was also curious about why Suzanne was attending the Al-Anon meetings. In context it sort of did sound like Suzanne had forgiveness issues with her father that could possibly be related to his alcoholism. But I agree that it wasn’t clearly stated. I could also see BM being the one with an alcohol addiction based his behavior and business history, angry outbursts, subpar work etc. but didn’t MM say Barry was not a drinker? And that he was against using drugs. She said he was an “athlete” and had that mentality. And if BM was an alcoholic then wouldn’t he be severely ill in prison while detoxing from alcohol? Alcohol withdrawals can be very dangerous and life threatening. IMO I think MM was referring to her father without wanting to really say it. I’m not trying to disparage GM’s reputation or speak negatively about a good man that has passed away. Alcoholism is a disease (and can be genetic) and many people have suffered from and overcome alcohol addiction. I know from experience that growing up with an alcoholic parent can be very hard and result in emotional trauma that is carried into adulthood. So that would make sense why Suzanne might have forgiveness issues and also why her parents divorced. All speculation and MOO.

I want to listen to this interview again when I have time to really focus on it because there was a lot to take in and I was doing other stuff. Regardless of the differing opinions about CM, kudos to him for getting such a candid interview with Suzanne’s sister. I thought CM and his lovely wife did a great job of handling it with compassion and restraint. And I was very impressed with MM. I loved how she said she had been keeping everything quiet to protect the investigation until it was the right time to speak out and now was that time! And that LE had recovered the entire text Suzanne sent to her on May 8th! It sounds like that text in particular is going to be very damning to BM. He better buckle his seat belt because when all of this comes out in court it’s going to be a very rough ride for him!

I also thought it was weird when MM said she wasn’t sure if she was going to be in the courtroom. She said LE have told her she was welcome any time. I’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember exactly what she said but wouldn’t she be a star witness for the prosecution? Maybe she was just referring to the pre-trial hearings since she is obviously an intelligent woman who loved her sister very much and would want to do anything necessary to get justice for Suzanne so surely she realizes she will be called upon to testify at BM’s trial.

The interview also revealed further details re the supposed falling out between Suzanne and her family. It sounds like the $100,000 loan that GM gave Suzanne & Barry ended up coming between her and her father and siblings when they couldn’t pay him back as soon as promised. And then typical BM behavior he told GM to take it up with Suzanne because she was the one who borrowed the money. Yeah right I’m sure Barry didn’t suggest it or pressure her at all! :rolleyes: And if the repayment was contingent on the sale of the Indiana home and it wasn’t selling as quickly as expected then I don’t see how that would make everyone think they weren’t going to repay GM as soon as it sold. They said the loan was eventually paid back but does anyone know when? Was it before the Indiana home sold and, if so, where did that money come from? Or was it after Suzanne disappeared and Barry got the guardianship and finally sold the Indiana house? Was Barry trying to get GM to sign off on the guardianship by saying if you want your money back I will need the guardianship to be able to complete the sell of the Indiana house? Was the loan to help purchase the PP home? If Suzanne was investing her inheritance into the purchase of the PP home then why would they need an additional $100,000? Couldn’t they have been approved for a mortgage by putting approximately 1/3 down and wait for the Indiana house to sell and then paid down their mortgage? And I thought there was no mortgage on the PP home? Why was it necessary to borrow from her father? Maybe there were other expenses related to medical bills or BM starting his business in Colorado...or maybe BM had business related debts. Was that loan the first step in a long term scheme by Barry to isolate Suzanne and cause a rift with her family and eventually kill Suzanne and gain control of her assets by getting GM to approve his guardianship? Surely he is not that smart. But if it was all a long term diabolical plot by BM then Suzanne’s demise was premeditated years in advance. :eek:

Last edited:
I too was extremely impressed with Melinda. She shined through I thought. I'm so glad she did this interview with Chris to give balanced background. I was wanting her to be my sister by the middle of the interview! She had so much of... grace, eloquence etc., and her reflections and laughing of shared times with Suzanne.... just made my heart swell that she is able to do such and share it with us all.

Kudos.
I am glad to know BM was being unfaithful in Indiana! IMO Suzanne placed her faith that they could make a new start in Salida. I would be curious to know if the lady he was skirting around with followed , or perhaps arrived first in the area. What A jerk ! There could possibly be more arrests at a later date IMO unless the other woman rolled on him. Sure hope we do not encounter another KK !

I am glad to know BM was being unfaithful in Indiana! IMO Suzanne placed her faith that they could make a new start in Salida. I would be curious to know if the lady he was skirting around with followed , or perhaps arrived first in the area. What A jerk ! There could possibly be more arrests at a later date IMO unless the other woman rolled on him. Sure hope we do not encounter another KK !
Hadn’t someone mentioned threads ago that MG had followed Barry from Indiana to Colorado or am I imagining that?

I've not watched all of MM's interview with CM, but from what I have seen, she appears to be another wonderful person, I believe, just like Suzanne. What struck me was how she talked about Suzanne being compliant, even from a young age - that, imo, points to what most of us suspect her home life would have possibly been like - BM controlling everything, whether he knew the opinions of others, he, imo, would just do what he wanted, when he wanted with no regard to anyone else.

In MM's words ' Suzanne will be her own greatest witness' - I fully believe that LE have a vast amount of evidence that will disprove any fantasy BM will try and throw out - can just picture him implying she ran off/harmed herself etc.

As to him telling where Suzanne is, I truly hope he does, its the absolute very least he can do for her now, but I don't think he will - its the only control he has left, and I don't think he will ever release her - he didn't in life, I can't see it happening in death - she is his and she will remain that way - in his mind.

jmo

I just finished watching the CM & KM interview with MM and boy it sure revealed so much new information and insight into who Suzanne was and gives us an even better understanding of the history of her relationship with Barry and the move to Colorado. I was also curious about why Suzanne was attending the Al-Anon meetings. In context it sort of did sound like Suzanne had forgiveness issues with her father that could possibly be related to his alcoholism. But I agree that it wasn’t clearly stated. I could also see BM being the one with an alcohol addiction based his behavior and business history, angry outbursts, subpar work etc. but didn’t MM say Barry was not a drinker? And that he was against using drugs. She said he was an “athlete” and had that mentality. And if BM was an alcoholic then wouldn’t he be severely ill in prison while detoxing from alcohol? Alcohol withdrawals can be very dangerous and life threatening. IMO I think MM was referring to her father without wanting to really say it. I’m not trying to disparage GM’s reputation or speak negatively about a good man that has passed away. Alcoholism is a disease (and can be genetic) and many people have suffered from and overcome alcohol addiction. I know from experience that growing up with an alcoholic parent can be very hard and result in emotional trauma that is carried into adulthood. So that would make sense why Suzanne might have forgiveness issues and also why her parents divorced. All speculation and MOO.

I want to listen to this interview again when I have time to really focus on it because there was a lot to take in and I was doing other stuff. Regardless of the differing opinions about CM, kudos to him for getting such a candid interview with Suzanne’s sister. I thought CM and his lovely wife did a great job of handling it with compassion and restraint. And I was very impressed with MM. I loved how she said she had been keeping everything quiet to protect the investigation until it was the right time to speak out and now was that time! And that LE had recovered the entire text Suzanne sent to her on May 8th! It sounds like that text in particular is going to be very damning to BM. He better buckle his seat belt because when all of this comes out in court it’s going to be a very rough ride for him!

I also thought it was weird when MM said she wasn’t sure if she was going to be in the courtroom. She said LE have told her she was welcome any time. I’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember exactly what she said but wouldn’t she be a star witness for the prosecution? Maybe she was just referring to the pre-trial hearings since she is obviously an intelligent woman who loved her sister very much and would want to do anything necessary to get justice for Suzanne so surely she realizes she will be called upon to testify at BM’s trial.

The interview also revealed further details re the supposed falling out between Suzanne and her family. It sounds like the $100,000 loan that GM gave Suzanne & Barry ended up coming between her and her father and siblings when they couldn’t pay him back as soon as promised. And then typical BM behavior he told GM to take it up with Suzanne because she was the one who borrowed the money. Yeah right I’m sure Barry didn’t suggest it or pressure her at all! :rolleyes: And if the repayment was contingent on the sale of the Indiana home and it wasn’t selling as quickly as expected then I don’t see how that would make everyone think they weren’t going to repay GM as soon as it sold. They said the loan was eventually paid back but does anyone know when? Was it before the Indiana home sold and, if so, where did that money come from? Or was it after Suzanne disappeared and Barry got the guardianship and finally sold the Indiana house? Was Barry trying to get GM to sign off on the guardianship by saying if you want your money back I will need the guardianship to be able to complete the sell of the Indiana house? Was the loan to help purchase the PP home? If Suzanne was investing her inheritance into the purchase of the PP home then why would they need an additional $100,000? Couldn’t they have been approved for a mortgage by putting approximately 1/3 down and wait for the Indiana house to sell and then paid down their mortgage? And I thought there was no mortgage on the PP home? Why was it necessary to borrow from her father? Maybe there were other expenses related to medical bills or BM starting his business in Colorado...or maybe BM had business related debts. Was that loan the first step in a long term scheme by Barry to isolate Suzanne and cause a rift with her family and eventually kill Suzanne and gain control of her assets by getting GM to approve his guardianship? Surely he is not that smart. But if it was all a long term diabolical plot by BM then Suzanne’s demise was premeditated years in advance. :eek:
In my opinion on surface she would not be a star witness for the prosecution. If she is a witness the defense gets their turn. But it is hard to guess without knowing what hard evidence the prosecution has until we can read the documents.

I have not caught up with this . Did BM
have an other woman? There was some talk of a red headed lady he was seen with.
It was hinted at awfully strong in the CM interview last night. Apparently infidelity issues in Indiana, continuing after the move to CO, is what I took away from the conversation. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong