Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everything is done until a verdict is reached, correct? Is there usually a heads up ahead of time when the verdict is reached and then there's a bit of time where people get back to the courthouse and we can tune in to hear it read?

We should get a heads up when a verdict has been reached and before it's read.

I have to sign off now and if the verdict comes back today, I won't be here except in spirit. Someone please tag me if the verdict is announced so I can start from there. Pretty please and thank you. ;)

Mollie believed in the power of prayer, and so do I. I'm going to pray that her murder does not go unpunished. I'm going to pray that Cristhian Bahena Rivera is put behind bars for the remainder of his life so he can never, ever hurt another innocent like Mollie. And of course, I'm going to pray for Mollie's family.

See you all soon.

Mollie Tibbetts speaks about prayer in 2016 video

So everything is done until a verdict is reached, correct? Is there usually a heads up ahead of time when the verdict is reached and then there's a bit of time where people get back to the courthouse and we can tune in to hear it read?
Sometimes there are notifications that you can sign up for and you will be notified when the verdict is in. Maybe Court Tv has one? Wild About Trial used to have that.

I think they will come back today. That is 4 hours till 5.. are they sequestered for this? I am not watching because I couldn't stomach it all.

I haven't heard anything about them being sequestered, I too think we'll have a verdict this afternoon. I generally give it 2 hours when there's plenty of evidence against a defendant, as there is in this case.

Blechhhh- Court TV expert says defense did an excellent job humanizing CB & that the jury will have a tough time. Sure hope the jury doesn’t share that bizarre perception.
I thiink the Defense did a good job of humanizing him as well. But I think the evidence here is just too much for a jury to ignore.

Blechhhh- Court TV expert says defense did an excellent job humanizing CB & that the jury will have a tough time. Sure hope the jury doesn’t share that bizarre perception.
Court Tv always says BLECH like that. Every time.....I always wonder if I am watching the same trial as they are...I don't see the jury having that hard of a time with this one...even if they did humanise him, he still did a monstrous thing.

I didn’t want TV drama. I think I was looking for a little more passion. This whole trial has been focused on the defendant and faux suspects and very cut and dried scientific evidence. I wanted him to focus more on Mollie, what was done to Mollie, what was taken from her and her family and her community. It’s almost like she is forgotten in all of this. She’s a name. She’s a body. She’s some DNA in a trunk. Yes, we were told how nice and bubbly she was...but look what was done to her! Where’s the outrage?! I guess I, just me, for myself, needed to hear someone really show some emotion on what was done to Mollie.

edit: typo

I think that will come in their second closing.

Well all murderers are human. Dennis Radar was a deacon in his church and serial killer for years. Israel Keyes loved his daughter no-one suspected he also was flying around hiding kill kits and then committing horrific murders while on family vacations of all things.. most killers aren't the psycotci monsters 24/7.. people believe them to be good and kind and are often shocked to know what they have done. Human doesn't mean innocent.

I stopped watching their commentators. They seemed highly biased toward the defense and sometimes it seemed they were watching a different trial altogether.

I'm Here to 'Give Dalton an Alibi': Co-Worker Says Mollie Tibbetts' Boyfriend Was with Construction Crew When Victim Disappeared

May 27, 2021

Prosecutors called a single rebuttal witness to refute suggestions by defense attorneys that the then-boyfriend of murder victim Mollie Tibbetts played a direct role in her killing.

Tibbetts disappeared on July 18, 2018. Defense attorneys for murder defendant Cristhian Bahena Rivera have insinuated that Dalton Jack cheated on Tibbetts and may have played some role in her killing. Jack has denied any wrongdoing.

Nick Wilson, a manager who supervised Jack at a construction firm, testified Thursday that he had known Jack for about five years. He said Jack started at a job in Amana, Iowa, on Monday, July 16, 2018. On Tuesday, the crew moved to a job on Highway 61 near Dubuque on the Wisconsin border. He said he and his men stayed at Days Inn hotel about 10 minutes from a job site while doing heavy construction work on a highway bridge.

On July 17, 18, and 19, Wilson testified that Jack was in Dubuque working the bridge repair job. Pay sheets filled out by Wilson, as Jack’s manager, indicate that Jack worked 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on July 18. Wilson said the crew generally went back to an area hotel, barbecued together, had a few beers, and played a game of “bags” before going to sleep early so as to have adequate rest to start working the next day. He said that routine was followed on July 18 when Tibbetts disappeared.

___

Transcript of Jack Dalton historical testimony and attacks by the defense at link above

Last edited:
I stopped watching their commentators. They seemed highly biased toward the defense and sometimes it seemed they were watching a different trial altogether.

This. I still worry about undue influence from the media… and possibly silent others of influence higher up.

I haven't heard anything about them being sequestered, I too think we'll have a verdict this afternoon. I generally give it 2 hours when there's plenty of evidence against a defendant, as there is in this case.

Strong evidence plus an upcoming holiday weekend. I wouldn’t have to wait until I finished my lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288