Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um mentally ill doesn't automatically equate to being a psychopath...
Of course not, there are many different mental illnesses. And having mental illness does not automatically equate to being incompetent. One of them psychopathy as an example
ETA: Psychopathy is a personality disorder, not mental illness, of course. But they can very well fake mental illnesses for their own purposes. Psychopaths understand what they are doing though and distinguish right from wrong.
So when we are talking about competency and faking, it's about distinguishing between severe mental illness (=incompetence) and personality disorder (=competence).
ETA2: so when you say that LV for sure has mental illness, because otherwise she wouldn't do what she did -- I respectfully disagree with this statement

Last edited:
Just to summarize where we are (please correct me if I misunderstand):

CD and LVD failed to get their proceedings severed in early March so they were going to be tried together.

Nearly immediately following that decision, on March 8 when multiple motions were scheduled to be heard (thread #56 around page 14/15), the two parties with attorneys and the court went into private breakout sessions instead and after those sessions, all documents relating to those sessions were sealed and all hearings then scheduled were continued.

Some here reported that JP was grinning and looked very pleased after coming out of breakout session. Since then, CD has participated in hearings regarding motions, but LVD has not.

Now we learn that during those March 8 breakout sessions, MM questioned the competency of his client to proceed and the court, under seal, ordered a competency evaluation. Based upon the results of that competency evaluation by a qualified professional who has determined that LVD is not competent to proceed and that restorative treatment is called for, the Court has ordered a stay until such time as LVD returns to mental competence.

Is this correct?

How will this impact proceedings for CD? Will the State simply wait to proceed on both until LVD returns to competence, or at least until it becomes clearer whether that is a near term vs long term prospect? Will JP ask that proceedings for his client be severed and continue independently?

Is there any evidence or indication she planned on harming her children before getting involved with Chad? I haven’t heard of any. I think she is mentally ill, got interested in Chad and his beliefs and it all spiriled from there, I don’t think she was looking to a cult as a way to play out an evil plan to harm her children.
BBM.

Lori Vallow talked of driving off a cliff with her children, the aunt of missing Idaho girl Tylee Ryan says.

Mother of missing Idaho kids became obsessed with doomsday, relative says

Surprise Surprise Lori is CRAZY......but far too aware of what needed to get done in order to get what she wanted for years

Sane enough to remove her rival for Chad
Run multiple insurance scams
Steal her children's SS to pay for the Hawaiian honeymoon
Conveniently have her accomplice & several young ex husbands die of Natural Causes when she needed cash
Able to convince two people to kill and burn the bodies of her 'zombie' children.

How will this impact proceedings for CD? Will the State simply wait to proceed on both until LVD returns to competence, or at least until it becomes clearer whether that is a near term vs long term prospect? Will JP ask that proceedings for his client be severed and continue independently?

At this point the prosecution wants to try to have Lori determined competent to stand trial. They would much prefer proceeding against both parties in a joint trial. IF the court upholds her lack of competency the case against CD will go forward UNLESS the prosecution seeks further delay. I believe the court would likely overrule such a request unless CD joined in it. The constitution guarantees a right to speedy trial so that if CD wants to push ahead the judge will be predisposed to accommodate his counsel.

On the other hand, if the prosecution did seek a delay I would not be surprised if CD joined in the request. He is in a bad position no matter what.

Best evidence is that it was parked. Justin Lum interviewed neighbors.
I'd guess it would have to be parked to get a decent shot off and the shot just missed by inches. Let's assume AC was in fact the shooter, since there's no one else in the family that had a history of this sort of thing. Let's also assume the back tire was removed and the rear window was opened to take the shot. If the shooter was in the back, it's an easy shot depending on distance and the proficiency of the shooter and there would also be a quick get-away with a driver.

If he was alone it would be quite difficult to take that shot from the drivers seat in a turned around position, especially for a right handed, dominant right eye shooter. If he was alone and in the back seat or compartment, he'd have to get out or climb over seats to get in the front seat to drive away. I suppose he could have been alone and waiting in the front passenger seat where it would be a lot easier to take the shot and then quickly slide over to the drivers seat for get-away but he may have been taking a greater chance of someone noticing him waiting in a car by himself in the passenger seat.

My best common sense guess would be that he had a driver and he wasn't a very good shot or was hurried to take the shot. After all, TD was missed from fairly close to medium range. CV was hit but at very, very close range.

How could we find out if he's filed for divorce? Or an annulment? Is this where the indigency is coming from? MOO.

If he filed for divorce, it would show in the Mycourts Idaho system, I haven't seen anything there: iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

He may be able to get an annulment in Hawaii but I don't know how that would work with both of them incarcerated in Idaho, maybe someone else can shed some light on that? MOO

I agree this new development d

As I read this, competency was raised on March 8th and an evaluation was subsequently carried out. We don't know when the assessment was completed. Assuming the evaluation was completed in April, it does surprise me that MM didn't have a proper motion prepared and that he only raised the issue on oral motion now.
Doesn't surprise me. He wanted and got maximum impact. Shock, surprise, outrage. He's direcitng a play here. MOO.

LV's playing the unfit for trial card in Idaho however she passed her mental evaluation test with flying colors in Gilbert when CV requested it. Since it looks like charges will be filed in Arizona, does Arizona have a not guilty for reason of insanity plea?
"Arizona does not have a traditional insanity defense. You can not be found not guilty by reason of insanity. There are however three was you can use a mental health defense in Arizona."
Arizona insanity defense

I remain amazed that this has not blown up.... I just hope the powers to be are keeping stuff hidden. This was such blatant attempted murder. And there is no question in anyone's mind who did this, and who wanted it done, and was probably in the car.....
Color me amazed too!! Is it possible she’s been given immunity in exchange for testimony? Maybe she finally decided to tell the truth?

Wow! The State contests the finding! Dang—maybe THIS is why MM is always at the women’s center. He’s mentoring her in the fine art of being incompetent. JMO.
I thought he was in love.
You can have a mental illness and still be competent enough to stand trial. They aren’t exclusive. Your reasoning could be said for every murderer, pedophile, and abuser known to man. No sane person would do those things. They all likely suffer from a form of mental illness. It’s not a free pass on hideously cruel crimes though. People with mental illness’s can be held accountable too.[/QUOTE
She certainly might be a sociopath.
That’s not really a mental illness.
Her religion is wacko but so are a lot of religions.
Sociopaths aren’t psychotic, just evil, selfish, liars with no remorse.Please don’t give the mentally ill a bad name by confusing the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88