Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
For one thing she inflicted emotional harm to Tylee when she involved Tylee as a witness to what happened when CV was killed. She made Tylee go to the police station with her. That is just one example.

And the fact that Tylee played along so readily with all this suggests long-term grooming, which is abuse.

And the fact that Tylee played along so readily with all this suggests long-term grooming, which is abuse.
I also do not believe that Joe Ryan molested Colby or Tylee. I think that is an allegation made up by Lori, and they went along with it. Lori probably did her best to convince them that it was true.

JMO.

Well, there are honestly so many possibilities here, but just for starters I will say we don't even know if he is there for Lori, right? We are assuming that.
He has multiple other active cases right now, as does Prior, Means could be there for an entirely other client and case - we just don't know.

Now, if we say he is there for Lori - there are still multiple reasons he would be seeing and meeting with her even with the Order today.

Even if she's found incompetent, she has to have legal representation.

For one thing she inflicted emotional harm to Tylee when she involved Tylee as a witness to what happened when CV was killed. She made Tylee go to the police station with her. That is just one example.
IIRC, the guardian ad litem and other court-appointed professionals involved during the custody dispute with Joe Ryan also indicated that they believed LV was coaching Tylee to say she was abused by him.

Being declared legally incompetent is more than just knowing right from wrong. It is also more than assuming or proving mental illness.

From Cornell Law, incompetency is: "1. Lack of legal ability to do something, especially to testify or stand trial. Also known as "incompetency." May be caused by various types of disqualification, inability, or unfitness. Someone who is judged incompetent by means of a formal hearing may have a guardian appointed by the court."

IMO talk about LVD "faking" incompetency proves to be a disservice to those professionals who have worked with her. It presumes that she is smart enough to outsmart those who have spent years studying what does or does not make someone competent.

A good sociopath/narcissist can managed this w/o much effort.

I have a laundry list of mental illnesses, but I cannot figure out how any of them could make me incompetent to stand trial. What could she possibly have going on that makes her incapable of assisting in her defense? Most mental illnesses come on early in life, not in your 50s. The only thing I can come up with is early onset dementia or alzheimers... Anyone else have any guesses? Obviously something is wrong with her cuz nobody that kills or conspires to kill a bunch of people is 100% sane, but at a bare minimum, she knew it was wrong and tried to cover it all up. I truly don't know what could have happened to make her unable to assist in her defense. What if she is just refusing to work with her attorney? I don't understand.

I have a laundry list of mental illnesses, but I cannot figure out how any of them could make me incompetent to stand trial. What could she possibly have going on that makes her incapable of assisting in her defense? Most mental illnesses come on early in life, not in your 50s. The only thing I can come up with is early onset dementia or alzheimers... Anyone else have any guesses? Obviously something is wrong with her cuz nobody that kills or conspires to kill a bunch of people is 100% sane, but at a bare minimum, she knew it was wrong and tried to cover it all up. I truly don't know what could have happened to make her unable to assist in her defense. What if she is just refusing to work with her attorney? I don't understand.
I say put her in the state hospital and let her reach restoration there. Jail is obviously too comfortable.

o_O Well that certainly is a good question. I’m not sure why. But I don’t buy the incompetence. It takes a lot of smarts to play on other people’s emotions and manipulate the way she did. I believe this may be another rouse. LVD may have mental health issues but she knew every single thing that was happening. Just look at the way she ordered wedding items with Charles Vallows Amazon account, or calling MG to get her to say she had JJ, or even the way she has maneuvered people like the police in Arizona.

All jmo moo imo
I'm wondering if she's not participating with counsel because she really believes she is a goddess and all of this has nothing to do with her since a diety or something.

Perhaps she refuses to participate and therefore is considered unable to participate?

idk. jmo.

Is it possible that once she was found incompetent, medications were commenced to try to get her back on track and at this point, those medications are rendering her unable to participate fully? I know that when strong drugs are first begun for mental illness it generally takes a good deal of time for the patient to gain their equilibrium and that is AFTER the right combo/dosages are settled upon.
Perhaps they are still searching for the right drugs, dosages etc. and for her body/mind to acclimate to the drugs?
That sounds reasonable and "exigent" to me.

Nice. LVD gets the "Hedda Nussbaum" pass.
Hedda Nussbaum - Wikipedia

So, my question is, was the determination of "Competence" made by only ONE psychologist? Or a team?

If the defense hired a professional to do the exam, could the prosecution request a different professional do another exam? If so and she is deemed competent by that professional, would a 3rd eval be ordered and would they go with the best 2 out of 3? I hope the hidden podcast/ dr John Matthias will go over this.

I say put her in the state hospital and let her reach restoration there. Jail is obviously too comfortable.

I have been in-patient at a mental health facility... I actually enjoyed my time there. If I had the choice between jail or locked mental health facility, I would choose the mental health facility all day every day. Jmo

If the defense hired a professional to do the exam, could the prosecution request a different professional do another exam? If so and she is deemed competent by that professional, would a 3rd eval be ordered and would they go with the best 2 out of 3? I hope the hidden podcast/ dr John Matthias will go over this.

I will say that there is a particular male social worker in the state where I live, who defines "Rape Culture". He writes evaluations for male sex offenders that make them look like candidates for sainthood. Except, they are rapists. Small detail.

Every single one gets time served and probation. His name is all over documents from one attorney. I am sure that it is a package deal.

I'm beginning to think Chad and Lori half expected charges all along...that it's all part of their divine plan. That might explain Chad's seemingly relaxed attitude yesterday. If Lori is shrugging off the murder charges, that might be interpreted as incompetent.

jmo

Why would the attorney provide council to Lori if she's deemed incompetent??
Under our system every accused has the right to counsel and being found incompetent does not remove her right to have representation. Moreover, she is entitled to have counsel monitoring her treatment and continuing assessments to assure that her rights are protected. In our system even the most reprehensible defendants have rights. Applying the constitution to everybody assures that everybody receives protection. I am confident Lori will be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes