Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, It was once explained to me that if someone hides a body they know what they did was wrong and therefore don't meet the definition of insanity. It is really a tough hurdle to clear with the courts. It is my opinion that Lori was very sane at the time of the murders and is now. However, I would guess that killing your kids and possibly facing the DP could affect your mental health.
Bear in mind that there is no insanity defense in Idaho. The current question is only whether or not Lori is competent to stand trial. You must have a minimum amount of mental function to be able to understand the proceeding and to be able to assist your counsel. That's what is at issue now. Lori will be evaluated and, if necessary, treated. When she is found to be functioning well enough to understand what is happening and to assist her attorney she will be tried.

IMO, Lori missed her calling. She should have gone to Hollywood because I believe that she can put on an act deserving of an Academy Award. I just hope the justice system plays chess with her and eventually is able to prevail with a "checkmate."

JMO.
She's got nothing on Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony. Those two win the Academy Award for best actress. And I still think that her natural hair color grew out. She's a brunette. She didn't dye it brunette.

My feeling has been that Lori has always been of a sane mind (perhaps with some personality or mental disorder(s), but with a hold on rationality). She used these cult beliefs as useful cover to play out her dark, self-possessed agenda. She used cult beliefs to her advantage among those she thought would be sympathetic (MG, for example) and discarded them when the audience changed (Gilbert police, for example). I don't see her as a true believer (believer of convenience, maybe).

So now that the audience is a judge/jury, she is playing the insanity card. It seems to me she is using insanity as a state of mind that she can fluidly, strategically inhabit or discard depending on the circumstance.

What she and Chad did, though riddled with flaws, was stone-cold calculated and entirely tethered to the real world of LEO evasion, insurance fraud and cover up.

All JMO
I agree with you. The religious mumbojumbo may have "brainwashed" her, but she was competent and evil enough to plan all these multiple murders of her surrounding family members for financial gain, then manipulate PD by twirling her hair...

Bear in mind that there is no insanity defense in Idaho. The current question is only whether or not Lori is competent to stand trial. You must have a minimum amount of mental function to be able to understand the proceeding and to be able to assist your counsel. That's what is at issue now. Lori will be evaluated and, if necessary, treated. When she is found to be functioning well enough to understand what is happening and to assist her attorney she will be tried.
What about Arizona? Same thing with insanity?

edited- they have mistakenly uploaded and quickly removed things before

try this link, though
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211624/Request of Discovery.pdf

yes, thanks, that works :)

what I don’t understand is what Means hopes to accomplish by this, when everything in the vein of what he’s been asking for, Lori has presented perfectly normally in it/them, and has been judged competent at the end of them.

Ergo, I am now even more convinced that this is more pathetic attempts on Means’ part to run out the clock.

Anyone

I agree she will be tried and she'll be functional enough to assist. I've watched family members rotate in and out of a behavioral health facility for the last few years and have zero concerns about it getting done. I'm more concerned/interested in the impact it will have with keeping CD/LV trial together.

In addition, I'm not really sure what MM wants to gain here. Unless something has changed, JP wanted a separate trial and MM did not. This could potentially change that

Last edited:
I just learned this now.
Come on, the woman knew what she was doing by trying to hide it all and lying to relatives and authorities. Once again, is she being manipulative? IMO I think so.

I don't care she has outrageous beliefs, and personally I don't even think she believes half of them herself. A narcissist through and through, she wanted power, control, status...and money, and live the high life, & enjoy the beaches in Hawaii.

The woman killed her own children, likely Charles, and possibly her brother. She wanted them out of her way for her own purposes.
This evil horrible woman needs LWOP, at the least.

I just learned this now.
Come on, the woman knew what she was doing by trying to hide it all and lying to relatives and authorities. Once again, is she being manipulative? IMO I think so.

I don't care she has outrageous beliefs, and personally I don't even think she believes half of them herself. A narcissist through and through, she wanted power, control, status...and money, and live the high life, & enjoy the beaches in Hawaii.

The woman killed her own children, likely Charles, and possibly her brother. She wanted them out of her way for her own purposes.
This evil horrible woman needs LWOP, at the least.
Yes, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member