GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CBR's definition of a date is different than ours.

I think it's quite possible he'd seen Mollie before that day. Running.

I think he planned this, intending to get her to stop.

He also came to that conversation with a weapon so talking isn't what he had in mind.

I think he stopped at a point she'd run past...

I think he disabled her fast, by plan or improvisation.

I do believe he was MAD.

I think Mollie resisted, fought back, broke free, was tackled. Over over over kill, he was IMO enraged. IMO he lost control -- he may have killed her before completing what he started. Desecrating her after death.

Which is why there are such glaring holes in his stories. Stories, plural.

I hope the jury recognizes him for what he is.

A man who belongs in prison.

LWOP+

JMO
Yes, I also think Mollie fought for her life and that she was alive when CBR drove to the cornfield.

He originally told investigators that he dragged her by the foot, then carried the body the rest of the way. I think he grabbed her foot to prevent her from getting away during the struggle.

Based on the positioning of her body, he probably did assault her after she was dead. Either that or he posed her that way.

He's a despicable man and deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. I'm still waiting for him to show anything close to human emotion.

Mollie's Mom is one of the sweetest women ever. I'm just sitting here with tears... can't imagine.
Everything we’ve heard about Mollie through this investigation and trial indicates she was beautiful inside and out, with an amazing heart. To paraphrase the investigator on the stand ‘Mollie’s text messages were the nicest we have ever seen.’ So It does not surprise me that her mother would be the same, to have raised such an amazing daughter.

I have a 20 year old daughter as well and to be honest, I do not think I would have displayed half the grace Mollie’s parents showed if this had happened to my daughter. Prayers to her family. And to DJ, who lost the love of his life and was dragged through the mud for his teenage indiscretions.

Mollie Tibbetts case updates: Rivera jury deliberates after closings

May 27, 2021

9:44 a.m.:
Prosecutor Scott Brown displayed to the jury a photo of a smiling Mollie Tibbetts and recounted the state's timeline of her final moments: "She crossed paths with him, and it ended her life," he said, pointing at defendant Cristhian Bahena Rivera. "She was attacked brutally by him. She was stabbed repeatedly by him. Can you imagine what that was like for her?"

[..]

The video is “really irrefutable," the prosecutor said. "It is the thing, the piece of evidence that the police followed that broke this case, and led them to more evidence and more evidence that the defendant was the one who committed Mollie Tibbetts' murder."

Brown argued that Bahena Rivera realized he was in trouble once his car was spotted on the footage from the security camera. Though he allegedly blacked out during the actual killing, by taking police to the scene, "he's telling the officers that he did it, he's confessing," Brown said.

[.]

Bahena Rivera said he hid Tibbetts' body and didn't tell police what had happened because the two men had threatened his former girlfriend and their daughter, and because, as an undocumented immigrant, he feared contact with law enforcement. Prosecutors on cross-examination pointed out many points before and during his interrogation when he could have gone to police for help, and cast doubt on the notion that two apparent strangers would need or want Bahena Rivera to take part in their conspiracy.

The 15-member jury, which includes three alternates, will have to decide which story they find more believable and whether the state's evidence proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Bahena Rivera killed Tibbetts "willfully, deliberately and with premeditation" to find him guilty of first-degree murder. If they do, the mandatory sentence is life in prison.

Chris Gothner KCCI @CGothnerKCCI 2m
We just got word that the jury has been sent home for the day. Back at it tomorrow morning at 8:30. @KCCINews #bahenariveratrial
I wondered.
Ive been watching the clock going on after 3 hours and was just thinking to myself how much longer, I wonder ??

Then the clock STOPPED !!
I was like--OHHHH-- do we have a verdict and came right in here to check LOL

22% of people polled think the sweatered ninja bandito tall tale "seems possible"? Where the heck are they getting these ppl?!
We can only speculate. My guess would be that people were asked if it was possible for two masked men to abduct a third person, and they got a 22% answer. But I would guess that if you were to give the same question but include all the details that were in this trial, just the way they were presented, including situation, etc., that number would drop drastically.

Johnny Utah was forced to be complicit in a bank rob... oh, you mean IRL?!

Haha yes (although I don't know who Johnny Utah is!). I remember a case with the guy who had a bomb strapped to him and nobody believed him.....I know I'm getting that wrong....but I can't think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288