CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Is your theory that Elaine's car wasn't left early on the 28th where it was ultimately found? I haven't finished viewing the linked video but it seems they don't go up to Malibu at all (just took Sunset to PCH and then south to Santa Monica). Are you thinking her car might have been heading north?

Great find! I watched the video. Eventually, he turns left onto PCH away from Malibu.

If he had turned right, we would have seen the area where Elaine's car was found.

So, close.

Looks like it could definitely be a grey 2015 Civic! Too bad can't read the plate.

Even the proximity of the rear tire to the edge of the pavement seems to match. https://thelocalmalibu.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/elaine-park-car-768x839.jpg

@data_nerd_2005 - amazing work you've done! Although the location is close, the car in this picture seems to be about a hundred yards short of where Elaine's car was found. The best physical reference point for where Elaine's car was parked is directly across the street from the entry of the Malibu Beach RV Park.

@data_nerd_2005 - if you're still planning on scraping for more photos, maybe you could add a few versions of #MalibuBeachRVPark to your parameters? Some parts of that RV park are situated above and directly across from where Elaine's car was found. People who were at that RV park that weekend possibly have helpful photos that they never posted online. It seems that the park isn't in the best shape today due to wildfires, but back then, it was lush and gorgeous with a lot of visitors.

Hello all: I haven't posted on this thread in a while because I was traveling for 2 weeks (actually happened to be able to visit the location where Elaine's car was found) and I had my college graduation. I have a ton of instagram posts I scraped that have not been checked, and I plan to sort through the most likely posts (based on keywords) soon. If I have no success, I might reach out to people on instagram who posted near where her car was found to see if they have more pictures. I did this with one person and they happened to have a dropbox with 50+ high quality pics from that day.

Also: I am posting this here for my future reference (and also for anybody who might want to instagram scrape)

I walked the area where Elaine's car was found (thank you to my patient partner for letting me do this on our vacation lol), and I checked instagram for the suggested location tags. Here is a list of what came up.
1. Malibu, California
2. Malibu Road, Malibu
3. Solstice Canyon Hiking Trail
4. Malibu Beach, Malibu. Los Angeles, California.
5. Solstice Canyon
6. Santa Monica Beach - California
7. PCH
8. Santa Monica Pier
9. Dan Blocker Beach
10. Malibu Creek State Park
11. Malibu Private Beach
12. Sara Wan Trailhead
13. Malibu Hills
14. Puerco Beach
15. Nobu Malibu
16. Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market & Patio Cafe
17. Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
18. Malibu Beach RV Park
19. Escondido Canyon Trail
20. Jim Morrison Cave
21. Corral Canyon
22. Calamigos Beach Club
23. Latigo Beach
24. Malibu Panoramic Beach House

Also -- another piece of info I found when walking is that there were street signs that said no parking 2AM-4AM, which makes me question again why if her car was there the day she went missing, it did not get ticketed before being found. I'm from NYC so maybe I'm biased, but in my experience cops will quickly ticket cars not abiding by street sign rules.

Hello all: I haven't posted on this thread in a while because I was traveling for 2 weeks (actually happened to be able to visit the location where Elaine's car was found) and I had my college graduation. I have a ton of instagram posts I scraped that have not been checked, and I plan to sort through the most likely posts (based on keywords) soon. If I have no success, I might reach out to people on instagram who posted near where her car was found to see if they have more pictures. I did this with one person and they happened to have a dropbox with 50+ high quality pics from that day.

Congratulations! If your dedication and work ethic on this case are any indication, you will do well in the "real world".

I'm glad you got to visit the location (with your patient partner, lol).

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

@data_nerd_2005 - you mentioned "street signs that said no parking 2AM-4AM". If you remember exactly where the signs were, maybe you could check Google Maps historic street view to see if those signs were there 4 years ago. From a certain viewpoint on street view, there's actually Jan 2017 imagery of the exact spot Elaine's car was found - you'll see the blue and white small bus.

People sleeping in cars seems to have increased considerably in the past 4 years and maybe those signs were more recently installed to discourage doing so in the area. If the signs were there in 2017, you have a great point about the absence of a parking ticket. If they were not there, maybe that could explain why a car could sit there for 5 days without getting a ticket or towed. LA is about as fervent as NYC in ticketing illegally parked cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know Elaine was an actress? <modsnip: sleuthing non POIs is not allowed> I really hope this young lady is found and brought home, regardless. Feel so bad for her family and friends not knowing anything. :( Personally, I do not believe this young lady just abandoned her car and took off into the ocean. But I do believe it was meant to perhaps look that way? Idk. This is all jmo, moo, and all that. Just thinking out loud I guess.

$250,000 Cash Reward Offered For Information on Missing Actress – The Hollywood Reporter

"Elaine was a musician and actress who had small roles in a number of movies and TV shows, including Desperate Housewives, E.R., MadTV, Role Models and Crazy Stupid Love."

Edited bc I'm bad with words!

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread has a multitude of TOS violations and is being pulled for review.

No idea how long that may take. Check back in a few days.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

A massive, massive cleanup was required in this discussion.

The Live and Die in LA podcast was never approved as a source at Websleuths and it remains not an approved source. It is off limits. Of course members are free to view the podcast for their own entertainment or information, but do not bring the information here for discussion.

Back to the drawing board folks, and stick to MSM, LE and other approved sources.

Regarding Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules, linked in my signature).

Soliciting or discussing private messages on the public thread is not allowed. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it on the thread.

Sleuthing anyone who is not officially named by law enforcement as POI or suspect is not allowed. This includes posting images or social media accounts of random individuals who are not in any way connected to this case. Imagine doing a reverse image search for your face and finding it popping up on a true crime discussion forum like Websleuths.

Accusations, insinuations, and disparaging comments about a victim’s friends or family are NOT in compliance with Websleuths victim friendly rule.

Screenshots from the social media accounts of private individuals (other than the victim and/or the officially named POI or suspect) are not allowed.

Copyright rules are that links are required to ALL images. No link, no post.

While we so appreciate the enthusiasm and expertise of our members, we just can not allow posts and images of random, innocent members of the general public being indiscriminately shared on this public forum. If members wish to do such research and sleuthing behind the scenes, that's a different story.

Always remember that Websleuths is known for its high standards and there are lots of rules in place to keep the site respectable and responsible. Having said that, there is always private messaging where up to 20 members can be added to the Conversation and members can privately sleuth, discuss, and share all sorts of things that are just not allowed on the public forum.

Sidenotes and food for thought for members who may recall some of the removed, off limits content that is not open to further discussion:

If DC's Twitter was private (which is not allowed at WS to begin with), the only people who could have access to a a screenshot of a private tweet (also not allowed here) are folks within DC's private Twitter circle. It would not be found via a Google image search.

In keeping with Websleuths Victim Friendly policy and in support of Elaine's mother, she does not believe her daughter committed suicide. I think it goes without saying that a guilty person would not forego a suicide narrative that would have the result of concluding the matter in their best interest, and in fact hire a PI to refute suicide and pursue a foul play investigation.

This thread will reopen in 24 hours, after members have had a chance to read and digest the above.

Last edited:
<modsnip> while I have taken a bit of a summer “pause” from working on WS cases, I plan to continue in the fall/winter, and I will be picking up my work on this case (lol at any hope of LE solving it — just MOO). <modsnip> I whole heartedly believe that there is a pic or video that can give answers to WHEN Elaine’s car arrived at where it was found, and that might give some answers (or open another can of worms) as to what happened to Elaine. My new job has me working with Facebook web scraping and image recognition AI (things I did not use with this case yet), and I’m taking that as a sign that there is more to be done in my mission to bring closure to Elaine’s loved ones.

hi there, I’m new to all of this and not from the area - would you be able to tell me what cases these are similar too so I can read up on them?
Not similar in those specifics, but I would read up on Matrice Richardson. If there is a serial perp in that area of SoCal the MO on both of these cases could be considered similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back