GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Everyone. I've been following along but also jumping around, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

It seemed odd to me that in the Defense's closing arguments, he said that the State did not know where the crime scene was. But, his client told the court that the one sweater-man who was in the front seat got out of the car on 385th and was gone for 10 minutes before putting something in the trunk. When they got to the cornfield and the sweater-men disappeared into the countryside, he said her dead body was in the trunk, so he took her out and hid her. So, according to Bahena himself, the murder happened on 385th, so if we're to believe the Defense's case, the crime scene was the side of the road on 385th. Did the Defense not shoot himself in the foot with that comment? Or is he only saying the State did not say, "Here's where the crime happened"?

Spoiler alert!

My reaction to his story was to go to YouTube and listen to The Corries sing ‘The Vicar and the Frog’ which till now was my idea of the best example of a truly desperate defense attorney.
Thank you, never heard that before. Cute. There once was a Governor of Louisiana, Edwin Edwards, who was running for re-election while under Federal Inditement for assorted crimes and maleficence. When asked, by the press, how The Governor expected to be re-elected in this situation, Edwin responded (On video tape) that " Chere (He was Cajun), I'm gonna be re-relcted unless they catch me in bed with a live boy, or a dead girl. He went on to be re-elected that term, and it was not until his third Federal Inditement that he was convicted and sent to jail!

I had forgotten what CBR's ex looked like and seeing a rerun of her testimony today I have to agree with other posters that she is very similar in appearance to Mollie.
Mollie & Iris have a similar look, both petite, both cheerleaders together iirc. Iris dumped CR in April 2017, 1 yr 3 months before CR killed Mollie & ditched his camo knife, bloody black sweater & ski mask. One of the pics of CB & Iris is in front of tall corn. All coincidence? Maybe. But I think something there. Jmo

I doubt they've even gotten to that point yet. They had new testimony from the rebuttal witness and they had to select a foreman as well as review the jury instructions which was 36 items. Hopefully they're now organized, have had some good strong coffee, and are ready to knock this out today. MOO
I think it depends on how many agree initially on the highest charge. The jurors in Derick Chauvin's trial decided on all 3 charges within a couple of hours. Every jury is different, but I would imagine they would at least establish how many are in agreement at the beginning so they have an idea of how long they will be deliberating.

It would be a lot quicker than deliberating for two days only to find out they were all in agreement from the beginning. Imo

Mollie & Iris have a similar look, both petite, both cheerleaders together iirc. Iris dumped CR in April 2017, 1 yr 3 months before CR killed Mollie & ditched his camo knife, bloody black sweater & ski mask. One of the pics of CB & Iris is in front of tall corn. All coincidence? Maybe. But I think something there. Jmo
Did we ever learn where (what cornfield) that photo of CB & Iris was taken? I wonder if LE asked Iris that question. MOO

Just saw a clip of CBR giving his story that had a split screen showing his lawyer lady. She took a long look out of the corner of her eye at the jury when he started talking about masked men.

"Are you people buying this ****???"

It just boggles my mind that some people are giving credence to this story. If it had ANY truth in it whatsoever, they would have produced witnesses from Yarrabee Farms, either at work or living in one of the other trailers, who saw two sketchy guys hanging around the area that night, or who reported seeing a strange car about that time. They would have rummaged through social media and found pictures of Dalton wearing a similar sweater or ski mask or holding a camouflage knife. They would have produced witnesses or surveillance footage that showed Dalton's truck sitting somewhere, because he would have had to have left his truck somewhere in the Brooklyn area while he was riding around in Bahena's car.

And, what, are we supposed to believe that the sweater-men walked from the cornfield to Ray Pexha's house? And then he either gave them a ride back to their car at Bahena's trailer or they picked up Dalton's truck there at his house? If Dalton left his truck at Ray's house, does that mean Ray gave them a lift to Bahena's trailer in order to abduct him and his car?

Hey, Everyone. I've been following along but also jumping around, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

It seemed odd to me that in the Defense's closing arguments, he said that the State did not know where the crime scene was. But, his client told the court that the one sweater-man who was in the front seat got out of the car on 385th and was gone for 10 minutes before putting something in the trunk. When they got to the cornfield and the sweater-men disappeared into the countryside, he said her dead body was in the trunk, so he took her out and hid her. So, according to Bahena himself, the murder happened on 385th, so if we're to believe the Defense's case, the crime scene was the side of the road on 385th. Did the Defense not shoot himself in the foot with that comment? Or is he only saying the State did not say, "Here's where the crime happened"?

They are telegraphing to the jury is clearly 'We don't believe what our client testified to under sworn oath. So neither should you.'

And also, isn't it TELLING (on himself) that, by his own testimony under oath, the imbeciles left BEFORE the cornstalks were placed? By his own admission, he was the ONLY person in the cornfield with Mollie.

It's that simple. And that horrifying.

LWOP just isn't even enough.

JMO
Some lifer will have lost a child or a grandchild, some little girl close to his heart. Life will be "interesting" for CBR. This case is high profile. EVERYONE, will know who CBR is, and what he has done.

Uploaded by WQAD News 8

Watch CBR as he is watching Iris, especially when his nose flares. He was having a very hard time with his emotions.

Did we ever learn where (what cornfield) that photo of CB & Iris was taken? I wonder if LE asked Iris that question. MOO

Do we know where Iris lived in July 2018? I wonder if it's at all possible that he saw Mollie jogging that day but thought it was Iris, and that's how the initial confrontation began.

Do we know where Iris lived in July 2018? I wonder if it's at all possible that he saw Mollie jogging that day but thought it was Iris, and that's how the initial confrontation began.

Someone mentioned this yesterday, but I'm not in agreement, personally with this theory. He drove by her several times....he'd have known if it was Iris.

I do not believe that CBR's family is paying for his defense. There seems to be an unlimited pot of money for some people to get their legal bills paid. I don't know what, where, how, why...but I have seen endless billable hours here.
And none of know what monies in Mexico the Uncle can access. There are some VERY deep pockets there. Just ask the DEA amoung other alphabet agencies. It's not what you know, but who you know that matters most in life.

Good morning everyone. The wait continues.

Selfishly I am hoping for a verdict this morning since I’m getting furniture delivered this afternoon and would like to watch it read live.

Regardless, just hoping for justice for Mollie.

I don’t like the way CBR’s female lawyer leads all testimony.
“I want you to say this, that and the other thing. Is that correct?”
“… and you’re telling me exactly what I want to hear. Is that right?”
“You believe it’s important that…. Is that right?”

All the witness has to say is, “Yes.”

Last edited:

Good call on your part! Another discrepancy in CBR's new narrative. Like MT's shoe being off, and her clothes intact when CBR left her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu