GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
His height and stature have always bothered me. You know how sometimes you wish you could will into being your thoughts? There is this part of me that wishes with everything I have I could go back and tell her not to go for that run or somehow change the outcome which leads me to this: he is such a pipsqueak (I remember the first time I saw him at the SO after his arrest, it stuck with me how tiny he was) and she was young, had a physically fit solid body, was athletic, etc. It doesn't make sense she wouldn't have been able to overpower him unless it was a surprise attack. I think the wound that penetrated her skull was the first, a disabling attack from behind that he was somehow able to pull off. That's why there was only so much blood in the trunk, it was the only wound at the time. It's also why he saw her twitch when he opened it, she was still alive. The rest all happened in the cornfield.
He may be small, but he is a laborer and is healthy and strong. Men are biologically stronger than women and it's not fair to expect a woman to compete physically against a man. They will lose every time. It's why overwhelmingly more women end up in the emergency room or dead after a confrontation with a man.

I understand you. I do not live in a rural area but the area I live in has houses on two acre lots mixed in with mushroom farms. We do not have sidewalks, now just 2-3 miles away is a nice little town, so not rural by any means. I saw a young lady running down my street this week and I really wanted to shout, "please be careful, take one earbud out, listen to your surroundings". It is so sad that people cannot do outdoor activities without worrying.

Exactly! I have a son who is a young adult and I worry about those earbuds/phones all the time. I see so many young people his age either standing there staring at them or earbuds in listening to music completely oblivious to what is going on around them. It's a recipe for disaster. I am always saying to him "and whatever you do don't ever drive with those things in your ears, what you can hear is also part of driving."

Exactly! I have a son who is a young adult and I worry about those earbuds/phones all the time. I see so many young people his age either standing there staring at them or earbuds in listening to music completely oblivious to what is going on around them. It's a recipe for disaster. I am always saying to him "and whatever you do don't ever drive with those things in your ears, what you can hear is also part of driving."
Not just that issue, but I see so many people cross the street and pay attention to their phones and not look for cars coming. Also a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23