Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that Suzanne expressed fear to Melinda. We don't have any idea what she'd been speaking about lately with her friend in Indiana. I think that will also be a big factor and I think the friend was on the phone to LE very quickly.

MOO

ETA: I don't think the communication with her IN friend was only wedding stuff.

We know that Suzanne expressed fear to Melinda. We don't have any idea what she'd been speaking about lately with her friend in Indiana. I think that will also be a big factor and I think the friend was on the phone to LE very quickly.

MOO

ETA: I don't think the communication with her IN friend was only wedding stuff.

My thought is that SM was a private person and tried to keep up a brave persona. She may have hinted at problems without stating them directly.

We know MG was interviewed by LE multiple times. Can we assume the same for JP and CC?
I believe CC is the only one of the three to refuse speaking with a reporter.
I feel sorry for all three of these "pawns."(MOO)
If I were in any of their shoes I believe I would be scared, not knowing ATM whether or not BM will get out on bail. And then not knowing if he will eventually be tucked away with a sentence of LWOP.
How do these three sleep at night with all of these unknowns?
I'm sure the arrest was music to their ears...but there are still so many miles to go before they can each breathe a sigh of relief.

Justice for Suzanne cannot happen fast enough.
MOO

IMO CC will be helpful and has been helpful to LE. I think he is one of the people that began talking and helped all three agencies finally make an arrest.

My guess is the searching and processing took longer due to the small town law enforcement probably lacking experience and confidence in conducting that type of search. The processing of evidence would probably take longer as well. They probably were being extra careful to dot their “i”s and cross their “t”s.

Hmm. GD thought the very same thing. o_O

02:44
george says when he arrived at
the bike scene there were two other deputies who told him
that the bike was down here
allegedly they were in the process of
pulling the bike up out of the embankment
which he says quote a giant no-no
he said they shouldn't have touched it
kept it where it's at
took pictures before removing it
he continued by saying there were
a lot of things that the sheriff's office
did like that
but chalked it up as being
a small town law enforcement agency
that don't see this sort of thing often
and don't know everything

Hmm. GD thought the very same thing. o_O

02:44
george says when he arrived at
the bike scene there were two other deputies who told him
that the bike was down here
allegedly they were in the process of
pulling the bike up out of the embankment
which he says quote a giant no-no
he said they shouldn't have touched it
kept it where it's at
took pictures before removing it
he continued by saying there were
a lot of things that the sheriff's office
did like that
but chalked it up as being
a small town law enforcement agency
that don't see this sort of thing often
and don't know everything

How long was it before LE called in the FBI and CBI? Maybe they were waiting for their input and assistance with the search warrant.

CM certainly has his own “style” as a profiler/investigator. I feel the riddles by CM were more to taunt the perp than to enlighten his audience. CM enjoyed taunting BM, hoping it would cause BM to react or make a mistake. BM is a very reactionary person as we found out the few times he talked with L.S. It takes all types of people to make the world go ‘round. CMs riddles have kept me pretty confused I must admit. But I know CM has far more info than I have about the investigation.
MOO
What is the thing with #5? Nobody found out yet? ;)

How long was it before LE called in the FBI and CBI? Maybe they were waiting for their input and assistance with the search warrant.

Day 1: CCSO, Chaffee County SAR, DoC tracking dogs. Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

Days 2-4: CCSO Chaffee County SAR, Chaffee County Combined Tac Team, tracking and scent dogs from Department of Corrections, Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams, Reach Air Ambulance, 11th Judicial District, CBI, Salida Police Department, Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, FBI
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

IIRC FBI & CBI were added to the case as early as Tuesday or Wednesday (May 12-13).
CCSO UPDATE Posted 5-15
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren’t releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew’s disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday’s Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

Melinda 's testimony is only one piece of the jigsaw. I have the utmost faith that other pieces of evidence have led to the charge of murder 1 with premeditation .
It has to or he will be found not guilty of that charge as currently there are no other options on the table for the jury. You don’t see many high profile cases like this that doesn’t also include manslaughter or some other option for the jury.

This whole scenario of possibly dismembering Suzanne has never made sense to me. I can certainly see A cooler for disposal, used like a suitcase. But not several. Why would anyone do that just because they can? It would just be spreading the evidence around, expanding the crime scene and greatly increasing the chances of Suzanne being identified. DNA can be drawn from skeletal remains for years.

If that turns out to be the case, extremely macabre and serves no purpose other than vengeance IMO.

The girls returned the same night as Barry. The vehicles and house confiscated as far as I’ve read. If the girls had coolers, it would not been an issue of discussion with Andy later. Andy was in Maysville the next day helping to search. From what we know the investigators showed up in Indiana later, early July, and talked with Andy.

The fact that there wasn't A cooler I do find suspicious.

I had wondered about the idea that he packed her in a cooler and poured lye and boiling water on her to dissolve her, but after looking around on how to do this, he would need a stainless steel pot or other sturdy container to do that with.

Perhaps he stored her dismembered parts in the cooler or multiple coolers as he lye-boiled her in a pot pieces at a time. As to what he did with the liquid remains, he could have poured it down the drain or in the river. Perhaps LE found evidence of this in the pipes at the house and that’s how they know she’s dead (someone else suggested they might have found strands of Suzanne’s hair with death bands). Or maybe he poured it at the site of the five trees and that’s why at least one looks like it’s dying.

Last edited:
Why Hinky Meters Sounded?
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
1. BM living separately, not PP, no known extra marital relationship.
2. BM living separately, not PP, w one known extramarital relationship.
3. BM living separately, not PP, multiple known extramarital relationships.
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
What factor could trigger hinky meters so quickly, anyone?

IIRC FBI & CBI were added to the case as early as Tuesday or Wednesday (May 12-13).
CCSO UPDATE Posted 5-15
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren’t releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew’s disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday’s Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
May 15 update on search for Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff
I remember in the beginning LE said they had 15 agencies working on the case. It may be that they just wanted to concentrate all their efforts into searching the area before executing the warrant. They had the house locked down so it's not like the evidence was going anywhere. Imo

It has to or he will be found not guilty of that charge as currently there are no other options on the table for the jury. You don’t see many high profile cases like this that doesn’t also include manslaughter or some other option for the jury.

Colorado has five main homicide crimes. They are (from most serious to least serious):

1. First-degree murder (18-3-102 C.R.S.): Premeditated or knowing killings.
  2. Second-degree murder (18-3-103 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by extremely dangerous behavior.
  3. Vehicular homicide (18-3-106 C.R.S.): Fatal car accidents caused by DUI or reckless driving (18-3-102 C.R.S.)
  4. Manslaughter (18-3-104 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by reckless behavior.
  5. Criminally negligent homicide (18-3-105 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by careless behavior.
Penalties

Homicide punishments depend on the defendant’s state of mind. The more intentional the killing, the harsher the sentence:

Colorado "Murder" & "Homicide" Laws

Why Hinky Meters Sounded?
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
1. BM living separately, not PP, no known extra marital relationship.
2. BM living separately, not PP, w one known extramarital relationship.
3. BM living separately, not PP, multiple known extramarital relationships.
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
What factor could trigger hinky meters so quickly, anyone?

As soon as the AA is released, I'll let you know. :)
Don't be too surprised if it's a detail the public still has zero knowledge of.

I do wonder where the idea came from that BM wasn't living at the PP house.

He's a godly man and he'd never do the things they're suggesting.

Except that it's looking like he did.

So there's that.

JMO
The last person I would trust is someone who goes around stating that they are godly or whatever. Just act like it, and people will notice. If you have to proclaim it then you yourself have doubts. About yourself. Some old saying about "a person is as a person does". Or more modern....actions speak louder than words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member