Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of amazed at an ex LE guy, who is still in the business with cold cases and other quasi LE activities, telling 18,000 people to go steal a statue. But since I have my salt, and my garlic just in case, I'm getting over it.
I didn't hear it this way. Melinda expressed a desire to have a statue which was dear to their mother and to Suzanne and really had been abandoned in a public place for anyone to steal or take.

It was left there when they moved from PP. It wouldn't surprise me if it were Barry's idea to leave it where the supposed bike abduction occurred. The girls most probably will never return to that place.

I saw nothing wrong with Chris suggesting that the statue be returned to a family member who would love and cherish it.

This is just my opinion, though.

Last edited:
I had wondered about the idea that he packed her in a cooler and poured lye and boiling water on her to dissolve her, but after looking around on how to do this, he would need a stainless steel pot or other sturdy container to do that with.

Perhaps he stored her dismembered parts in the cooler or multiple coolers as he lye-boiled her in a pot pieces at a time. As to what he did with the liquid remains, he could have poured it down the drain or in the river. Perhaps LE found evidence of this in the pipes at the house and that’s how they know she’s dead (someone else suggested they might have found strands of Suzanne’s hair with death bands). Or maybe he poured it at the site of the five trees and that’s why at least one looks like it’s dying.
When the AA is released we'll have some answers.
I'm curious if LE asked Barry about the coolers at all ?
And if so --what did he say ?
"Listen. That is none of your business."
Or something similar ?
Was he bristling with annoyance the night he came home (some said in an earlier thread it may have been around 9pm ?), and LE wanted to have a word with him ?
That would have raised red flags.
Imo.

I didn't hear it this way. Melinda expressed a desire to have a statue which was dear to their mother and to Suzanne and really had been abandoned in a public place for anyone to steal or take. Melinda expressed a desire to have it.

It was left there when they moved from PP. It wouldn't surprise me if it were Barry's idea to leave it where the supposed bike abduction occurred. The girls most probably will never return to that place.

I saw nothing wrong with Chris suggesting that the statue be returned to a family member who would love and cherish it.

bbm
I have to agree.
It'd be nice if someone returned it to Melinda for safe keeping.
MOO.

I didn't hear it this way. Melinda expressed a desire to have a statue which was dear to their mother and to Suzanne and really had been abandoned in a public place for anyone to steal or take. Melinda expressed a desire to have it.

This is also how I interpreted it.

Why Hinky Meters Sounded?
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
1. BM living separately, not PP, no known extra marital relationship.
2. BM living separately, not PP, w one known extramarital relationship.
3. BM living separately, not PP, multiple known extramarital relationships.
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
What factor could trigger hinky meters so quickly, anyone?
5. Neighbor who called 911 went into PP house smelled the strong bleach smell and reported it to police.

Living-Separately?
... I do wonder where the idea came from that BM wasn't living at the PP house.
@Ontario Mom bbm Afaik, not based on any verified info. Not a crime. The post mentioned it, not to say something some ppl see as morally unfavorable about BM, but to answer why LE immed'ly zeroed in. But nephew's MSM sparked the idea for me.
...Trevor, BM's nephew ... speaking publicly. When asked who was living there, or who Suzanne lived with, he didn't give a straight answer, imo.
@MrsWatson Thx.

OTOH, if BM had been living separately from SM, seems likely to me, soc media posters would have discussed this before now, even before The Interview Room podcaster CM talked about BM's trip to Mexico w unnamed GF. I have not followed case on other forums, so IDK if it has been.
W BM's arrest & CM's ref to GF, is Living-Separately off limits here? Even if BM lived at PP, he & SM could have been living very separate lives. Sadly.

OTOH, if BM had been living separately from SM, seems likely to me, soc media posters would have discussed this before now, even before The Interview Room podcaster CM talked about BM's trip to Mexico w unnamed GF. I have not followed case on other forums, so IDK if it has been.
W BM's arrest & CM's ref to GF, is Living-Separately off limits here? Even if BM lived at PP, he & SM could have been living very separate lives. Sadly.
^^rsbm

To be clear, there's never been any evidence that SM/BM ever lived apart in Colorado. This was first speculated only because the family spokesperson would not confirm where SM lived when she was first reported missing.

What they neighbor (JR) reportedly saw when she went over and then called 911 at BM's request (so he said). She has been very quiet. That was the first alert IMO...
5. Neighbor who called 911 went into PP house smelled the strong bleach smell and reported it to police.

Yes, perhaps things like ...

House smelled strongly of bleach
Drapes were still closed
Carpet was damp

And perhaps even anomolies, like "Suzanne told me once that they never use bleach, they use more natural products like vinegar and baking soda for cleaning".

Why Hinky Meters Sounded?
LE's hinky meter sounded more quickly and loudly than typical Man-Reports-Wife-Missing case. Why? Why seemingly immediately after that afternoon/eve. of report to LE?
A fact known to someone participating in responding to MisPers call & early search? Or even gen'ly known to some ppl in BM's orbit, e.g., gym members, his business' independent contractors, or ___, who passed the word to LE? Maybe ---
1. BM living separately, not PP, no known extra marital relationship.
2. BM living separately, not PP, w one known extramarital relationship.
3. BM living separately, not PP, multiple known extramarital relationships.
4. BM told ___?
5. Or __?
What factor could trigger hinky meters so quickly, anyone?
IMO Barry not calling LE himself. He was a volunteer firefighter and most likely knew the local number to LE and, if not, he could have quickly looked it up. Instead he had the neighbor make the call.

IMO Barry not calling LE himself. He was a volunteer firefighter and most likely knew the local number to LE and, if not, he could have quickly looked it up. Instead he had the neighbor make the call.

True. They are not going to have a recorded version of BM's 911 (or other LE) call to play at the trial and show his concern/lack of concern, because he didn't make the call.

^^rsbm

To be clear, there's never been any evidence that SM/BM ever lived apart in Colorado. This was first speculated only because the family spokesperson would not confirm where SM lived when she was first reported missing.
I never thought that they were not living together. This is my speculation; however, I really think that the hesitancy has to do more with keeping information (that Barry wanted hidden) out of the public eye.

I mean, who told Barry's nephew to start a crowd funding account to raise money? Who told Barry's nephew to identify himself as Suzanne's nephew and not to mention her husband's name or the fact that he was in fact the nephew of Barry and not Suzanne?

Also, how would it go over if that same person told the media that they lived in a $1.6 million home with another $1 million home in Indiana. Yet, they felt a need to ask the public at large for money...

With those facts, I would be hesitant to say where the missing woman lived, too. In fact, you'd think that they would be embarrassed to set up a fund and not use it to search for Suzanne. I would love to know if Andy and his searchers were reimbursed from these funds. If I were a betting person, I would bet that they were not.

JMO.

Last edited:
Agreed.
Plus they may have found something in the dig under the homeowners' concrete slab that has come back from testing ?
Or blood evidence from the house that was taken from the floor or drains ?
Maybe causing damage to the house ?
*fingers crossed * --If there's biological evidence, hopefully it's substantial !

bbm
I laughed way too much over the bolded ! :D :p :)
How true --he'll spin the most absurd nonsense.
Already has.
Imo.
I think he reminds me of Jodi Arias.

His distancing behavior in the early days of Suzanne’s disappearance made him look suspicious: out of town (ostensibly), didn’t call 911, the family spokesman referred to him only as “the husband”, no coordinated press conference with LE, and no coordination with Crime Stoppers on the reward. None of these things in themselves are evidence of murder, but why would he make himself look so bad...on purpose?

I never thought that they were not living together. This is my speculation; however, I really think that the hesitancy has to do more with keeping information (that Barry wanted hidden) out of the public eye.

I mean, who told Barry's nephew to start a crowd funding account to raise money? Who told Barry's nephew to identify himself as Suzanne's nephew and not to mention her husband's name or the fact that he was in fact the nephew of Barry and not Suzanne?

Also, how would it go over if that same person told the media that they lived in a $1.6 million home with another $1 million home in Indiana. Yet, they felt a need to ask the public at large for money...

With those facts, I would be hesitant to say where the missing woman lived, too. In fact, you'd think that they would be embarrassed to set up a fund and not use it to search for Suzanne. I would love to know if Andy and his searchers were reimbursed from these funds. If I were a betting person, I would bet that they were not.

JMO.
BBM I can answer about AM ever receiving funds from the #FindSuzanne GoFunny Money, NO! AM never received a dime from that fund for his huge search he put together. That money wasn’t used by BM either to hunt for his wife bc he never arranged large search parties to hunt for her. At most, maybe 10 people is what LS estimated. MOO

True. They are not going to have a recorded version of BM's 911 (or other LE) call to play at the trial and show his concern/lack of concern, because he didn't make the call.
“It’s too soon!” BM didn’t have his alibi story precisely memorized yet! He didn’t have his alibi memorized about his movements the 24-48 hours prior to SM missing either. What do y’all think happened when LE asked Barry to go over his Friday and Saturday time he spent with Suzanne? I bet he got tongue-tied! He strings sentences together like a 3rd grader as it is!

Can you imagine his answers under pressure? “It’s too soon to discuss her missing.”
“Just why the heck don’t you believe me anyway? She was the love of my life!”

MOO BM gave LE lots of reasons to suspect there was something more to the story.

JMO.
Those are some really interesting questions and observations.
Assuming this goes to trial, won't it be interesting to see what TN has to say, when he's called to testify?

I recall that the initial MSM reports indicated that SM told her sister she was afraid. However, after listening to Melinda last week express in her own words the background of the text message (guest on CM show) -- I no longer believe SM expressed fear (MM has never shared the content of text).

I think it was the opposite. Melinda herself said there was no immediate danger and she told SM that she wanted to pray about whatever SM shared in the text before offering a response. SM responded by thanking her for always being transparent and she never heard from SM again.

Melinda also said that SM believed in her marriage and her family. I think that SM gave BM an ultimatum that weekend and it didn't end well for SM. BM was probably furious that SM was taking a position of strength versus going along with BM which was exactly what BM would have expected from SM. MOO

ETA: I think the ultimatum probably had to do with the proceeds expected at the closing of IN residence only weeks away when they would be cashed out.

Having experienced a cash shortage during the past two years-- waiting for the sale of the former residence, --I think SM wanted a break from investing in another project and preferred to simply bank the money for security.

I think BM already made plans for that money which included buying the lot in Longhorn Ranch Development and probably building a home for his mom. If I remember correctly -- that's exactly what he did -- BM purchased lot 8 around June 25, 2020. MOO
BBM for focus
SM was afraid of Barry, per Melinda. She says it outloud, no hesitation when asked!

Melinda Moorman “My sister had sent me a text Friday morning before Mother’s Day. It was very lengthy, very powerful, very revealing. She was ready to reveal some things she had been keeping close to her vest.” “Suzanne was scared of Barry”.

Short 2 minute video from Inside Addition.

I recall that the initial MSM reports indicated that SM told her sister she was afraid. However, after listening to Melinda last week express in her own words the background of the text message (guest on CM show) -- I no longer believe SM expressed fear (MM has never shared the content of text).

I think it was the opposite. Melinda herself said there was no immediate danger and she told SM that she wanted to pray about whatever SM shared in the text before offering a response. SM responded by thanking her for always being transparent and she never heard from SM again.

Melinda also said that SM believed in her marriage and her family. I think that SM gave BM an ultimatum that weekend and it didn't end well for SM. BM was probably furious that SM was taking a position of strength versus going along with BM which was exactly what BM would have expected from SM. MOO

ETA: I think the ultimatum probably had to do with the proceeds expected at the closing of IN residence only weeks away when they would be cashed out.

Having experienced a cash shortage during the past two years-- waiting for the sale of the former residence, --I think SM wanted a break from investing in another project and preferred to simply bank the money for security.

I think BM already made plans for that money which included buying the lot in Longhorn Ranch Development and probably building a home for his mom. If I remember correctly -- that's exactly what he did -- BM purchased lot 8 around June 25, 2020. MOO

Agreed, and maybe there was an argument that ensued because SM said to BM "my father gets paid back first before we use the money for anything else." Which went in a very BAD direction because no one tells Barry what to do! JMOO

BBM for focus
SM was afraid of Barry, per Melinda. She says it outloud, no hesitation when asked!

Melinda Moorman “My sister had sent me a text Friday morning before Mother’s Day. It was very lengthy, very powerful, very revealing. She was ready to reveal some things she had been keeping close to her vest.” “Suzanne was scared of Barry”.

Short 2 minute video from Inside Addition.
I’m confused about the subject of Suzanne’s fear. On the Inside Edition interview, she said that Suzanne was scared, but on The Interview Room she says Suzanne was not scared. This is concerning. The defense puts her on the stand, replays these interviews and then calls her unreliable. I suppose the written content of the text is what really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam