CA CA - Heidi Rodriguez, 51, Fresno, male friend dropped her off at store, 17 May 2021

I don’t think anyone should jump to conclusions at this point. Maybe she was dropped off for whatever reason. Does the store have cameras?
While I am one of those “jumping to conclusions” (in my head) I know missing persons’ cases can be complicated and not as they seem (e.g., D Westbrook).

Statistically, however, that story of dropping someone off is rather common - and usually with poor outcomes, IME. No one here would be disappointed to be wrong about their initial suspicions.

EBM for grammar

I don’t think anyone should jump to conclusions at this point. Maybe she was dropped off for whatever reason. Does the store have cameras?
I hear ya, but the facts that she has a PI and criminal justice background and it was her brother who reported her missing jump out at me. If her sibling is concerned, I am too.

I recently followed a case where an adult's parents reported her missing, but it turns out she was fine, just not in contact for awhile. There is always that possibility, of course.

But....my hinky meter is warming up.

jmo

Man, those Google maps might as well be from 1899 in my hands. Although what I see at this
Isn't there a 7-11 store on the corner across from the winery?

That's where I thought of first. May be it's no longer there?

ETA: lots of traffic in that area too.....

It appears industrial to me. Weird there's storage jawns there.

It's been awhile since I've been in that area, but yes, on one half of the road there is an old winery and some other old buildings scattered about.

Then on the other side, it starts to become a residential area. It opens to a busy road, lots of traffic all the time.
There is a store and a gas station as stated before.

Maybe she was going to walk to someone's house......
jmo

Maybe she was going to walk to someone's house......
jmo
snipped

Walking...carrying whatever she had brought on the camping trip. I'm assuming she would have more than a purse. Just doesn't seem likely, imo.

And didn't the male friend say she wanted to go shopping? (On foot, with some baggage already in hand, assuming she brought things with her camping.) Where is there to shop there?

I need to look at a map.

jmo

That's a good pic of the area.

Not sure what's across the street from the gas station...

I'm going to that part of town this Tuesday, I'll try to do a drive by.

**Inthedetails.....i dont know off hand where she would go to shop?
It would be quite a trek in either direction to find a shopping center.

imo
Could she have maybe decided to call someone to come and get her? Realizing the difficulty in trying to carry all her camping stuff....

Last edited:
I'm definitely one to find the story a bit suspicious, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Do we know for sure she had a lot of camping stuff? If her "friend" brought the camping gear, she may have only had a day or two of extra clothing that would easily fit in a small backpack or bag. The type of camping matters as well. Were they roughing it in the backcountry or sleeping in an RV with access to running water?

Does anyone know the distance from where she was dropped off to her home? Is Uber an option there? Friends nearby? Was she dropped off to meet another person? Was her "friend" supposed to return to pick her up at some point?

I'm definitely one to find the story a bit suspicious, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Do we know for sure she had a lot of camping stuff? If her "friend" brought the camping gear, she may have only had a day or two of extra clothing that would easily fit in a small backpack or bag. The type of camping matters as well. Were they roughing it in the backcountry or sleeping in an RV with access to running water?

Does anyone know the distance from where she was dropped off to her home? Is Uber an option there? Friends nearby? Was she dropped off to meet another person? Was her "friend" supposed to return to pick her up at some point?
Those are great questions. I've gone camping with friends who brought all the gear, but I still carried stuff with me. I think she at least had a backpack/shoulder bag if not more for a camping trip. And, I always feel kinda gross after camping - in want of a decent shower at least.

As a young person, I wasn't as picky and had more energy, but in middle-age, like Heidi, the idea of being dropped off at that intersection instead of at home just seems....uncomfortable and inconvenient at best. And I honestly can't imagine any of my friends would leave me there unless I absolutely insisted I had a ride, etc. Even then, I think my friends would stay with me until they saw I had transportation, ykwim?

If I felt unsafe with my male companion, I might prefer being dropped off alone at that intersecton. Otherwise, it's hard to see the appeal.

Maybe there is a specific place nearby he left her that makes sense. But all we know for now is that intersection and no known way to get home.

jmo

Snipped

Here's the intersection where she was supposedly dropped off after a camping trip:

Google Maps

I believe I see a camera on the pole on the south side of E Olive Street. Not likely to be the only one. Certainly there would be footage of her being dropped off there (to shop... at the gas station :confused:).

That's a good pic of the area.

Not sure what's across the street from the gas station...

I'm going to that part of town this Tuesday, I'll try to do a drive by.

**Inthedetails.....i dont know off hand where she would go to shop?
It would be quite a trek in either direction to find a shopping center.

imo
Could she have maybe decided to call someone to come and get her? Realizing the difficulty in trying to carry all her camping stuff....

NW corner is gas station/convenience store/Jack in the Box. NE and SE corner are winery. SW is 41 acre parcel for sale. Nothing there but oleander.

Those are great questions. I've gone camping with friends who brought all the gear, but I still carried stuff with me. I think she at least had a backpack/shoulder bag if not more for a camping trip. And, I always feel kinda gross after camping - in want of a decent shower at least.

As a young person, I wasn't as picky and had more energy, but in middle-age, like Heidi, the idea of being dropped off at that intersection instead of at home just seems....uncomfortable and inconvenient at best. And I honestly can't imagine any of my friends would leave me there unless I absolutely insisted I had a ride, etc. Even then, I think my friends would stay with me until they saw I had transportation, ykwim?

If I felt unsafe with my male companion, I might prefer being dropped off alone at that intersecton. Otherwise, it's hard to see the appeal.

Maybe there is a specific place nearby he left her that makes sense. But all we know for now is that intersection and no known way to get home.

jmo

I still don't understand the dropping her off at the store reference. Not being familiar with Californian speak, would a gas station ever be called a store? I know some have more store type stuff than others, but I'd still call it a gas station. I wouldn't call a restaurant a store either.

I did find an address tied to a Heidi Rodriguez approx. 5 miles from the intersection where she was supposedly dropped off, but I assume there are more than one person by the same name.

I did notice there was a bus stop just down the road from the intersection.
SE Olive - Dewitt
Stop ID: 1361

I drove by there tonight, just to look, I guess. Is she homeless? It's just not a residential area at all.
I was able to find a home address for someone with her name (no guarantee it's her though as Rodriguez is a common name in the area). It's a condo, last sold for $275,000. (don't know if it is owned or rented). It's WAY Northwest of where she was allegedly dropped off. I wish on these missing threads they'd post a full legal name or at least a middle initial. That makes narrowing the field easier to find someone online. This may well be another Heidi Rodriguez.

I was able to find a home address for someone with her name (no guarantee it's her though as Rodriguez is a common name in the area). It's a condo, last sold for $275,000. (don't know if it is owned or rented). It's WAY Northwest of where she was allegedly dropped off. I wish on these missing threads they'd post a full legal name or at least a middle initial. That makes narrowing the field easier to find someone online. This may well be another Heidi Rodriguez.

I've been doing some searching and I think her middle name is Christine. Heidi Christine Rodriguez, Wheat Ridge, CO (80033) - Spokeo

ETA: She was the only Heidi Rodriguez I could find in the right age range that had ties to Wheat Ridge, CO which is listed on her linked in.

Last edited:
I was checking in today and her daughter has logged in under Heidi's facebook page Heidi Rodriguez

No new info about Heidi, but requesting info only goes to Heidi's family.

I'm finding the whole thing a bit curious. Missing person report through LE, but no LE number to contact in case she's found. Only contact her family. Almost feels like they don't want the public helping. Am I reading into it too much?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back