Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
unsure about tx but where i live, the arresting LE will issue an EPO that is for 2 business days and you have to follow up and file for a temp or permanent one.

Is that civil or criminal order though?

In my state, for a civil restraining order, if it is approved, you have 2 weeks before going back to court to make your case for a longer one. The max is 1 year and if you want to renew it you have to go back to court, make your case again, before the 1 year expires.

In criminal cases, the criminal protective order is in place usually until the case is resolved — unless the defendant/their attorney are successful when making a motion to modify the order. And of course sometimes the orders can go on after the case is resolved— up to the judge but it can last any amount of time up until a lifetime standing order.

it’ll vary by state but I can’t see a criminal protective order not lasting until the case resolves...it is in place for a reason.. *ebm because I re-read your post and it sounds like you were specifically referring to criminal. In that case, 2 days?! That’s ridiculous, and sad....

imo, jmo

I did find a few more documents that I seemed to miss the first time I looked. Oops. There’s a lot in there. I’m so used to my state’s websites when I look stuff up..

eta: once again searched on Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records
I just read a pre-trial report for her attack on Dalton and it listed the requirements for her release. It had the usual stuff but it also required electronic monitoring. I have no idea how to find these official documents but it is part of the case of her attack on DO.

I just read a pre-trial report for her attack on Dalton and it listed the requirements for her release. It had the usual stuff but it also required electronic monitoring. I have no idea how to find these official documents but it is part of the case of her attack on DO.
I saw a picture of the document on Facebook but I’m sure we need a reputable source rather than me just copying the picture.

interesting..... from the link: BBM... the catalyst?

Police said the child's dad and the dad's girlfriend were at a southwest Houston home when Samuel was reported missing last Thursday. An officer went there to tell them the child must be returned to his biological mother.

Ugg the evolution of this story :mad: - JMO ... Added context below to your statement:

Police said the child's dad and girlfriend were at their Webster-area apartment, in Houston, when Samuel was reported missing. An officer went there early Thursday evening to tell them the boy must be returned to his biological mother.

But Balboa allegedly claimed the child was last seen leaving with his mother and a fake police officer earlier that morning. Investigators contacted the child's mother, who they say had an alibi.

Samuel Olson update: Dad's girlfriend Theresa Balboa arrested | khou.com

I missed the comment about another person being in custody. Can you indicate who is the other person?

In the video at 14:52 HPD Assistant Chief Heather Morris states another male also lives in the apartment.

I just noticed you did not ask about another person living in the apartment! I read it wrong, my apologies! But, maybe he is being questioned/custody?

Last edited:

Police said the child's dad and the dad's girlfriend were at a southwest Houston home when Samuel was reported missing last Thursday. An officer went there to tell them the child must be returned to his biological mother.

what...

the timing of that ... wow .. so is that what prompted the missing persons report?

‘I can barely breathe’: Samuel Olson’s father tells KPRC 2 what he would say to his jailed girlfriend Theresa Balboa about his son

HOUSTON
– Dalton Olson, the father of Samuel Olson, spoke to KPRC 2 Wednesday, saying he wants “justice for his son.”

“I don’t know what’s going on. I found out what happened last night,” Olsen told KPRC 2′s Vincent Crivelli. “I can barely breathe.”

Asked what he would want to tell Theresa Balboa, his girlfriend who is now charged in the case, he replied with this: “Why? He loved you so much. I do not understand what happened. Why did you, why did you do this?”

Well now. Glad Mom has a lawyer working with her. Hope he files a wrongful death suit, and Defamation suit as well against the lying parties involved. While she grieves,and makes arrangements for SO's funeral,and is left to cope with a mother's worst nightmare come true. MOO

Is that civil or criminal order though?

In my state, for a civil restraining order, if it is approved, you have 2 weeks before going back to court to make your case for a longer one. The max is 1 year and if you want to renew it you have to go back to court, make your case again, before the 1 year expires.

In criminal cases, the criminal protective order is in place usually until the case is resolved — unless the defendant/their attorney are successful when making a motion to modify the order. And of course sometimes the orders can go on after the case is resolved— up to the judge but it can last any amount of time up until a lifetime standing order.

it’ll vary by state but I can’t see a criminal protective order not lasting until the case resolves...it is in place for a reason.. *ebm because I re-read your post and it sounds like you were specifically referring to criminal. In that case, 2 days?! That’s ridiculous, and sad....

imo, jmo

DV. my step daughter went through this and i used to work at county jail as well. they issue the EPO at jail or on site. the victim follows up at the courthouse.

i can also tell you, for civil, you have to go to a whole other court house and file on your own, the cops dnt help. we had to file for one against one of my adult son's ex gf because she kept pulling up at our house.

I can’t tell if this is revealing a new fact or just sloppy reporting. But media should definitely ask who called police out to that McAvoy residence.

The LE media briefing made it seem like DO called the police, but they did not come out and say who called them. They did say that they were dispatched to SW residence where DO told them he had already called Samuel’s mom after hearing TB’s story and that Samuel’s mom said he wasn’t with her. So it seems likely that phone conversation prompted one of the parents to call police. I wonder which one.

I read that too...interesting it has now been removed from the article. Wonder if someone spoke too soon or just misinformed???

It's possible someone was temporarily in custody but then released with no charges. I'm just making something up here, let's say an Uber Eats driver had the bad luck to be there delivering food when LE arrived. He and anyone else in the room are detained ('in custody') until it can be confirmed they weren't involved and just wrong place wrong time. No clue if that was the case, but it's a possibility.

To collect DNA possibly. Visual ID is rarely done anymore. Too problematic and traumatizing. I recently listened to a former LE officer slamming a visual ID that was done in a murder case. He talked about hysterical blindness causing misidentifications and mental trauma caused to loved ones. In short, visual ID is a barbaric outdated practice given the tools ME's have now.

They just had a misidentification of the little boy found deceased in NV. A mother was 100% sure it was her child... but it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member