GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

I searched both Christian and Hardin counties for new info but it just shows what we already knew.

MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD (D)

• CHRISTIAN : 19-CR-00298
COMMONWEALTH VS. MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 06/01/2021 at 1:00 PM in room C2

KYeCourts - Guest Login

I searched both Christian and Hardin counties for new info but it just shows what we already knew.

MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD (D)

• CHRISTIAN : 19-CR-00298
COMMONWEALTH VS. MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 06/01/2021 at 1:00 PM in room C2

KYeCourts - Guest Login

So - NOT a trial starting....

Can I use you as my "go-to" person for this case? I've lost both people that were helping me on this case. I can not access the court site, but it looks like you can! :)

Last edited:
Update!

Monday, June 1st:
*Trial was set to begin-CANCELLED! *Pretrial Hearing instead (@ 1pm ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51/now 53) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond, changed (10/16/19) to $3M bond.
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
Trial was set to begin on 6/1/21 with jury selection was vacated. Trial will be in Hardin County moved from Christian County due to pretrial publicity.

Court info from 5/22/19 thru 5/21/21 reference post #99 here:
KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

6/1/21 Update: Trial was rescheduled with no future dates.
Pretrial hearing held instead.

Ah! Got an alert for this case!

https://whopam.com/2021/06/01/148746/

June 1, 2021

Jury selection is scheduled to begin Wednesday morning in the trial of Christian “Kit” Martin, the former Army major and commercial airline pilot charged with the November, 2015 murders of three neighbors in Pembroke.

Much of the discussion during a hearing Tuesday was focused on a shell casing that matched a gun belonging to Martin which was found on the back porch of the home of Calvin Phillips on South Main Street in Pembroke. Family members were cleaning the home weeks after the scene had been processed when the casing was discovered and defense attorney Tom Griffiths has argued the circumstances of the discovery should negate it as evidence.

After hearing both sides, Judge John Atkins allowed it to be presented during trial, but says the defense will obviously get to question those who found it.

Wednesday, June 2nd:
*Trial set to begin with Jury Selection (@ am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51/now 53) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond, changed (10/16/19) to $3M bond.
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
Trial set to begin on 6/2/21 with jury selection. Trial will be in Hardin County moved from Christian County due to pretrial publicity.

Court info from 5/22/19 thru 5/21/21 reference post #99 here:
KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

6/1/21 Update: Pretrial hearing held instead. Much of the discussion during a hearing Tuesday was focused on a shell casing that matched a gun belonging to Martin which was found on the back porch of the home of Calvin Phillips on South Main Street in Pembroke. Family members were cleaning the home weeks after the scene had been processed when the casing was discovered & defense attorney Tom Griffiths has argued the circumstances of the discovery should negate it as evidence. After hearing both sides, Judge John Atkins allowed it to be presented during trial, but says the defense will obviously get to question those who found it. Jury selection will start on 6/2/21.

Jury selection started , A juror excused for not liking guns?

Thank you for info - please let me know if any jurors are picked yet - and "when" they might think the trial will start.

The arrested suspect's wife was attempting to leave him/get divorced and she was bringing these neighbors into court to support her cause. He was infuriated.
Doesn't the court martial and loss of military pension play into the motive, too?

eta: I read one of the articles that quoted the stepson as saying that his stepfather acted very nice in public but was a monster behind closed doors. I believe this kid.

JMO.

Last edited:
Jury has been selected. The jury will be back in court their time at 1 pm tomorrow.

Doesn't the court martial and loss of military pension play into the motive, too?

eta: I read one of the articles that quoted the stepson as saying that his stepfather acted very nice in public but was a monster behind closed doors. I believe this kid.

JMO.
I don't know. It may come up in the trial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member