WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

Wow, that's awful – especially the nervous system and mood-altering symptoms. :( I really hope you can get through all this discomfort in very short order. It must be so difficult knowing you still have one shot to go.

My DH got his first Covid shot last Thursday (Moderna I think), and didn't really have much in the way of reaction. I, on the other hand, got a simple TDAP booster last week, and it put me down for the count - fever, dizziness, a massive cold sore, and 3 days of muscular aches. There's really no predicting immune reactions I guess. I just got notification from my health care system that I am eligible to schedule the Covid vax at one of their participating hospitals once I'm fourteen days out from the TDAP - this feels a bit like going out of the frying pan and into the fire! But I do want to get it over with, and hopefully we all can go into the summer feeling more freedom with safety than we did last year.

Yikes! I just get a little sore from TDAP. I hope you feel better very very soon.
People, the Covid brain fog is real. I started barfing at work, came home, took meds, napped, got the mail, and went to bed. Somewhere between nail and bed I lost my keys. I've no memory of yesterday evening. None.

If you are the praying type, would you kindly pray for Paul? He's a dad of four young kids from my church. He was on a vent, came off, had two seizures and aspirated, went back on, and is now off again. He's still in critical condition since he's on very high oxygen.

How is Paul doing? Better I hope.

How is Paul doing? Better I hope.

Oh, thank you for asking. He was out of the ICU and on lower oxygen, in speech/OT/PT, but then the decision was made that due to his trouble swallowing, and to prevent another aspiration, he needed a tracheotomy. He is now post-surgery and back in the ICU as a standard post-op precaution. The hope is that he will moving to a skilled nursing facility in the next few days.

Oh, thank you for asking. He was out of the ICU and on lower oxygen, in speech/OT/PT, but then the decision was made that due to his trouble swallowing, and to prevent another aspiration, he needed a tracheotomy. He is now post-surgery and back in the ICU as a standard post-op precaution. The hope is that he will moving to a skilled nursing facility in the next few days.

That sounds good indeed. Best wishes for Paul's full recovery.

Thank you. It seems his wife is having trouble finding a facility that will take someone with a fresh trach.

I hope Paul and his wife have by now managed to find a place where he can continue his recovery – and that he has continued to progress.

I managed to schedule my first vaccination for a week from Monday. Vaccine appointments appear to be plentiful through my health care provider for patients 18-60+. Perhaps this indicates that we're finally turning a corner on the supply aspects of controlling this pandemic. (I hope it doesn't instead reflect vaccine hesitancy in the region.)

If anyone reading this thread is in Philadelphia or southeastern PA and has health care through Main Line Health, their calendar for one week+ and further out looks wide open at three different locations. I was able to schedule at a convenient time for me, unlike most others I've heard of who had their appointment times assigned by a vaccination center – and if the time offered didn't work for them they then had to wait for another appointment time to open up, possibly weeks later. Please spread the word about MLH openings if you have friends in this area! :) (No, I don't work for MLH and am not endorsing them on anything but their vaccine scheduling. ;))

I hope Paul and his wife have by now managed to find a place where he can continue his recovery – and that he has continued to progress.

I managed to schedule my first vaccination for a week from Monday. Vaccine appointments appear to be plentiful through my health care provider for patients 18-60+. Perhaps this indicates that we're finally turning a corner on the supply aspects of controlling this pandemic. (I hope it doesn't instead reflect vaccine hesitancy in the region.)

If anyone reading this thread is in Philadelphia or southeastern PA and has health care through Main Line Health, their calendar for one week+ and further out looks wide open at three different locations. I was able to schedule at a convenient time for me, unlike most others I've heard of who had their appointment times assigned by a vaccination center – and if the time offered didn't work for them they then had to wait for another appointment time to open up, possibly weeks later. Please spread the word about MLH openings if you have friends in this area! :) (No, I don't work for MLH and am not endorsing them on anything but their vaccine scheduling. ;))

Paul has been able to skip skilled nursing and move straight to rehab. He's doing well.

You might want to post your vax info on the main Covid thread, it sounds very helpful!

My daughter-in-laws Father has been in ICU for 3 weeks now. I just found out last week because she's very private and waited to call me until she knew more. He hasn't been on a ventilator but has been in oxygen and he does call them to bring him things, so he's alert. Oxygen level is at 93, he's probably 65 - I can't remember. He was given the same thing as Trump I believe, the silver bullet is what my DIL called it.

Borderline diabetic so this might also be causing more problems. He will definitely be a long hauler imo. Maybe he will go into rehab also and that's why he hasn't been released yet. Will give more information when I receive it. Prayers always excepted. :)

My daughter-in-laws Father has been in ICU for 3 weeks now. I just found out last week because she's very private and waited to call me until she knew more. He hasn't been on a ventilator but has been in oxygen and he does call them to bring him things, so he's alert. Oxygen level is at 93, he's probably 65 - I can't remember. He was given the same thing as Trump I believe, the silver bullet is what my DIL called it.

Borderline diabetic so this might also be causing more problems. He will definitely be a long hauler imo. Maybe he will go into rehab also and that's why he hasn't been released yet. Will give more information when I receive it. Prayers always excepted. :)

I'm happy to add him to my prayer list. I hope he will be able to go home or to rehab soon!

He's still in the hospital, has a touch of pneumonia and using oxygen. He will probably have to remain on oxygen the rest of his life, per DIL. He apparently had beginning stages of COPD before getting Covid. She says he is getting his strength back but depressed, understandable . Next week will began the 5th week he has been there. Thank you all for the support and prayers, good vibes.

My brother's wife lost her dad to Covid yesterday. Rest in peace, David.

Very sad. Even in this time of declining positive test rates, we cannot lose sight of the fact that this disease remains a ferocious killer. We need to eradicate its ability to kill vulnerable people, not simply control its spread.

My brother's wife lost her dad to Covid yesterday. Rest in peace, David.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Really worried about my niblings' friend. He cannot be vaccinated. Any vaccine. I'm quite afraid of him getting Covid. Lovely kid. Massive systemic allergies.

OK now that this thread is mostly unused, and everytone already had COVID, I felt not-so-good yesterday and worse this evening and one of my rapid tests clearly shows a positive.

I have had all available vaccines but.....I still feel like who knows if this will be bad.

DBM triple post....

Last edited:
DBM- duplicate post

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members