GUILTY Belize - Superintendent Henry Jemmott, shot/body in sea, San Pedro Town, 28 May 2021 *arrest*

The story of her asking him about self-defence has a plausible basis, in part, as the story for this death:

He comes to the party that afternoon. She asks him about getting a weapon for self-defense, now that he will be leaving for his post on the mainland.

Drinks and whatever ensue.

But he decides to show her how to use a gun and shoot.

So they leave the company of others at the party/ hotel and walk to the adjacent pier. That hotel has not yet opened so there won't be guests to observe. Gun laws are quite restrictive in Belize, but it is possible for a citizen or permanent resident to have them legally. I'd be surprised if her husband didn't have several weapons, for self-protection.

Anyway, if you want to show someone about a gun, the end of a pier would be a reasonable choice - not easy to observe from the shore, can shoot toward the water so as not to put others at risk.

However, doing this while intoxicated, or using drugs, in the dark is clearly unsafe and grounds for at least manslaughter, IMHO.

And from all accounts, there was only one shot and it came from behind him.
There is a pic of her posing with what I would call a very serious looking gun.

Her only defense thus far is that she’s a rich blonde white woman on an island filled with poor minorities. I’m shaking my head in bewilderment reading some of these wild theories created in her defense.

Single clean gunshot wound to the back of the head? Totally normal, right?

Not really. There’s obviously something untoward going on here. Whatever it is, they are determined to cover up.

If the roles were reversed here and he was behind bars, they’d be throwing away the key. And the same people coming to her defense would be lighting torches.

Well, well, well

Now the plot thickens

He told a friend he had a special "date"

He was staying in a hotel between the hotel her husband owned and the one with the pier.

Belizean cop shot dead by Jasmine Hartin told a friend he was going on a secret date | Daily Mail Online

Well, blood can be seen on the dock but all of you super sleuthers, did you notice one board had warped up from its end? And another board end appears to have rotten away? I’d trip over that board if I was not looking down but forward as I walked towards the chief. Trip, and as I’m trying to brace myself against falling flat on my face, what would I do? Protect my face, put my palms up in front of me, try and hold onto the gun so it didn’t drop into the water? Or he tripped, and as he fell towards she reacts by doing what? Catching him? Breaking his fall? Involuntarily gripping the gun tightly?

Well, blood can be seen on the dock but all of you super sleuthers, did you notice one board had warped up from its end? And another board end appears to have rotten away? I’d trip over that board if I was not looking down but forward as I walked towards the chief. Trip, and as I’m trying to brace myself against falling flat on my face, what would I do? Protect my face, put my palms up in front of me, try and hold onto the gun so it didn’t drop into the water? Or he tripped, and as he fell towards she reacts by doing what? Catching him? Breaking his fall? Involuntarily gripping the gun tightly?
Hmmm.
Good speculation, MWM !

I'm on the fence for this one.
So far.

I think that that is a long shot. They would probably know that jetty.

In this article is a picture of the jetty with the blood on it ..... it looks very much like it’s in the middle of the jetty , bearing in mind the bullet was in the head region . Don’t you think that looks a long way to have “pushed him off” that he just so happened to end up in the sea ??? (Do you think that looks to far in the middle for him to be sitting with his legs dangling over the edge how we guessed he might be sitting to get a shoulder massage ??) (I go back to thinking he looks a tall gentleman and her not so tall so I can’t see her massaging him whilst both stood up, plus they were drinking , I don’t think you’d stand up for that when you were a bit tipsy and chatting about stuff, it would be interesting to know where the drink cups/bottles were found on jetty) (so that would leave sitting in the middle of jetty together.... then it’s a fair amount of distance to end up pushing him off & the sea)

Thanks for this Ched,

Well, yes agree with you. The superintedent is not only very tall but also very corpulent as his sister noted.

So why the other two explanations?

This following is pure conjecture:

-I think she initiated the meeting/liaison, which was romantic in nature (she was cheating on her husband)
-I think this was a tragic, drug and alcohol-fueled accident
-I think that both parties had been drinking, perhaps a lot
-I think that she was perhaps extremely intoxicated on both alcohol and drugs.
-I think the “massage” was not a massage at all, but rather a sex act.
-I think he was sitting on the dock, maybe looking at the sky, while she was laying face down with her head in his lap. I think she removed the gun from his belt as it was in the way. She brought it up with her arm to give it to him (again, without ever looking up), or to possibly play a prank and fire it into the sky at the moment the sex act was completed.

I think her head remained face down the entire time. Whether she accidentally fired it, or fired it as a joke, I don’t believe she intended to shoot him.

I know that this is a wild interpretation of the known facts so far, but it’s is my current opinion

All JMO

Perhaps his "date" was to deliver her cocaine, say goodbye, since he was being transferred. In thanking her friend for the goods as well.as saying bye, after consuming beverages, she massages his neck (sure, why not?...!) and the gun give back goes awry .

This following is pure conjecture:

-I think she initiated the meeting/liaison, which was romantic in nature (she was cheating on her husband)
-I think this was a tragic, drug and alcohol-fueled accident
-I think that both parties had been drinking, perhaps a lot
-I think that she was perhaps extremely intoxicated on both alcohol and drugs.
-I think the “massage” was not a massage at all, but rather a sex act.
-I think he was sitting on the dock, maybe looking at the sky, while she was laying face down with her head in his lap. I think she removed the gun from his belt as it was in the way. She brought it up with her arm to give it to him (again, without ever looking up), or to possibly play a prank and fire it into the sky at the moment the sex act was completed.

I think her head remained face down the entire time. Whether she accidentally fired it, or fired it as a joke, I don’t believe she intended to shoot him.

I know that this is a wild interpretation of the known facts so far, but it’s is my current opinion

All JMO
I get where you're coming from -- I can't see how he would be shot behind his ear though. JMO.

Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. Both of them gave no thought to the appearance of impropriety. Why? IMO, because there was nothing going on. It’s a small place. Everyone knows everyone and undoubtedly know their best kept secrets. The investigators made a big deal out of the fact that both of them had their clothes on. Sister said no affair. Cocaine charge is bs. It was needed to make it look good for the media, for the foreigners and for the extra money that’s changing hands under the table. If you’re trafficking drugs you don’t put it up your nose. So you’re left with two people who knew each other rather well, he’s a top cop out there, her husband’s family needed and continued to need security, or “protection” if you’re cynical, and so that’s what they generally discussed. Usually when people work together for a long time, they know about their families, their health and just about everything else. I can’t even begin to tell you the secrets that escaped in many offices where I worked. If you really think they were having an affair, don’t you think they would have done it in her home, and not on a mosquito plagued dock? Meh. If you believe that, and that one of them was calling it quits, she would have hired it done. <modsnip> I may be wrong, but I think she’s beside herself for accidentally shooting him and now, all the trouble she’s gotten herself into along with her network of support.

Time will tell, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why the other two explanations?
Because we do not know the exact spot where they were sitting/standing/kneeling at the moment before the trigger was pulled and entered his skull. What if HE was reaching back and around his head to accept the return of the gun from her and it went off because he took it in a wrong direction or position. (He’s still sitting but she’s standing next to him bc they were getting ready to return to shore.) So many possibilities position wise that it boggles the mind.

This DM article makes the statement that earlier that day the Ashcrofts had attended a party on San Pedro. I don't think that has been reported before.

DM should also remove that drone photo of the end of the pier

The blood is very clearly at the FAR end of the pier, not the middle

when I mentioned “middle” of pier , I mean middle of width not length.

So all these little theories we are coming up with , ie playing a drunken gun game , showing her how to use a gun for security, tripping & falling with the gun ALL sound better than giving someone a massage , so why did she come out with the massage ? .... it’s either true or it was to cover a worse actual scenario (someone did mention a sexual position earlier as a theory )

Note the “they were clothed” in the media came from the presser as a journalist asked that question so the policeman replied . Just so we know it’s not a random thing the policeman said.

also I don’t think the cocaine thing at this meeting was a big thing . What she had on her is a small amount , she could have already had it with her or he could have given it to her but it’s not like they were doing some big supply deal at that particular moment.

Ok from the Daily, photo of report .

the magazine was inside the gun then as report would say if it was lying next to the gun. I say this as one of the previous videos I posted of his friend said that the deceased would take the magazine out before he handed it to him to see the gun out of curiosity. And another clip relating to the these types of guns , said a fatal error could be made if you took the magazine out but had accidentally left a bullet loaded up in the gun chamber , so you thought it was safe but there was a bullet left ready by accident.... so that’s put that to bed in my mind .

Officers retrieved '(1) Glock 17 Pistol …. Along with (1) magazine containing (1) live 9mm round S&B (1) live 9mm rounds S&B found on the dock and (1) Expended shell S&B found inside the barrel of the pistol.'

Attachments

• 5DDBE099-2617-4EE7-9C3A-4C259792228E.jpeg
    5DDBE099-2617-4EE7-9C3A-4C259792228E.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 17
Ok from the Daily, photo of report .

the magazine was inside the gun then as report would say if it was lying next to the gun. I say this as one of the previous videos I posted of his friend said that the deceased would take the magazine out before he handed it to him to see the gun out of curiosity. And another clip relating to the these types of guns , said a fatal error could be made if you took the magazine out but had accidentally left a bullet loaded up in the gun chamber , so you thought it was safe but there was a bullet left ready by accident.... so that’s put that to bed in my mind .

Officers retrieved '(1) Glock 17 Pistol …. Along with (1) magazine containing (1) live 9mm round S&B (1) live 9mm rounds S&B found on the dock and (1) Expended shell S&B found inside the barrel of the pistol.'

If the magazine had one round in it, and there was another unfired round on the dock, then that would suggest that they were playing with the gun and removing rounds from the magazine, unaware that the gun itself still had one in the breech.

That would be consistent with an accidental discharge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back