GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are those pictures with search vehicles, dive team, LE etc near FW property the week of JW confession. I believe specifically the vehicles were seen on Loys Run. Not sure if they were on property connected to FW property or on her property. They are not MSM pictures so cannot post here. It could not be related or it could be.

I believe you are referring to the pics/search of FWF and Bethel Hill Road (both belong to FW). These searches were in Nov 2019. Jake confessed 4/22/2021. The media was showing lots of past articles after JW confessed.

"Search of Fredericka Wagner's Pike County farm over" Search of Fredericka Wagner's Pike County farm over

pepper 34, I remember you from the early days and appreciate having you back. However, I feel compelled to say "you really had to be here..." just meaning, keeping up with this case day in and day out, has been priceless, in my opinion. Not saying anything bad toward you at all. It's just that 5 years is a long time and things changed constantly in this case. Discovery documents have been overwhelming and some of us have researched our hearts out days and nights trying to understand how and why such evil could exist in our world. I've never been to the Appalachian mountains of Ohio, but one day I hope to go to Pike County. It looks like a beautiful place, and certainly, what happened there does not define the beauty of the land nor the good hearts of so many that live there. But the Wagners have proven to be evil people. Court records in Pike and neighboring counties will attest to that.

George IV had lots of choices. They were his. We need not know why he made the bad ones, but just that he was indicted by a Grand Jury for 8 counts of aggravated murder and other counts of very bad things that helped take those 8 lives.

He did not get "talked into" these crimes, in my opinion. He gladly participated and is only sorry for one thing. He got caught. All MOO.

I actually was addicted to this "case" up until the arrests so I didn't actually miss 5 years of discussion. I commend everyone's hard work studying the legalities which have dominated the case since Nov of 2018. I am impressed with some of the interpretations of motivation of the W family. AW's possible motivations and JW along with BW. I'm always very curious about motives when it comes to studying crimes.

Sure, we don't have to know why G participated instead of being "normal" and thinking the whole idea was insane. But, I would still like to know what he was thinking. Because people here have figured out (accurately, imo) what some of the other 3 were thinking as to motives. I haven't seen anyone's ideas on what G's motivation were and didn't mean to upset anyone by speculating. My comment wasn't meant to give the impression that "George was talked into it." (because I don't believe that) I was hoping someone would comment and let me know what people had decided about G. Why? Because sometimes people leave a thread for a long time and then come back and say, "Anything new?" (I didn't want to do that.) Being in between court dates, I have just hoped G could be discussed so I could catch up. I can't do 2.5 years of reading.

(However, I just peeked at a few comments back and it seems I have some reading to do. The Captain America mask, etc. Now, see, that says a lot, imo.... Speaks volumes that a chronological adult would choose such a mask for the purpose of disguise, imo.
Now I'm much less curious... :( and I'm disgusted. Once again I feel... the poor R's up against the likes of that family.

I actually was addicted to this "case" up until the arrests so I didn't actually miss 5 years of discussion. I commend everyone's hard work studying the legalities which have dominated the case since Nov of 2018. I am impressed with some of the interpretations of motivation of the W family. AW's possible motivations and JW along with BW. I'm always very curious about motives when it comes to studying crimes.

Sure, we don't have to know why G participated instead of being "normal" and thinking the whole idea was insane. But, I would still like to know what he was thinking. Because people here have figured out (accurately, imo) what some of the other 3 were thinking as to motives. I haven't seen anyone's ideas on what G's motivation were and didn't mean to upset anyone by speculating. My comment wasn't meant to give the impression that "George was talked into it." (because I don't believe that) I was hoping someone would comment and let me know what people had decided about G. Why? Because sometimes people leave a thread for a long time and then come back and say, "Anything new?" (I didn't want to do that.) Being in between court dates, I have just hoped G could be discussed so I could catch up. I can't do 2.5 years of reading.

(However, I just peeked at a few comments back and it seems I have some reading to do. The Captain America mask, etc. Now, see, that says a lot, imo.... Speaks volumes that a chronological adult would choose such a mask for the purpose of disguise, imo.
Now I'm much less curious... :( and I'm disgusted. Once again I feel... the poor R's up against the likes of that family.

pepper34, I do sincerely apologize and promise I meant no harm towards you or anyone. Please forgive me. And please keep posting.

pepper34, I do sincerely apologize and promise I meant no harm towards you or anyone. Please forgive me. And please keep posting.

Everything22, don't even think about it; there's nothing for me to forgive. It would have been better for me to just ask the question, "Have any of G's possible motivations been discussed?" Because I knew he was in it up to his neck but I just couldn't figure out what was important enough for him to want to go along with such a drastic and diabolical plan. The other 3, I knew, thanks to the members here on WS... but I just couldn't see G's motives.
(We're good, Everything22 :))

Some have answered the question about motive and I'd like to thank you for that. Now it makes perfect sense to me... like a few more pieces of the puzzle just clicked into place. G had his own horse in the race, as well, it seems. What a disgusting group they call "family."

Everything22, don't even think about it; there's nothing for me to forgive. It would have been better for me to just ask the question, "Have any of G's possible motivations been discussed?" Because I knew he was in it up to his neck but I just couldn't figure out what was important enough for him to want to go along with such a drastic and diabolical plan. The other 3, I knew, thanks to the members here on WS... but I just couldn't see G's motives.

Some have answered the question about motive and I'd like to thank you for that. Now it makes perfect sense to me... like a few more pieces of the puzzle just clicked into place. G had his own horse in the race, as well, it seems. What a worm.

Awww, thank you pepper. Perhaps my comments just rubbed others raw. I'm glad we are good. Thank you for giving me the benefit of doubt in knowing I meant no harm. I try to do the same.

Last edited:

Some have answered the question about motive and I'd like to thank you for that. Now it makes perfect sense to me... like a few more pieces of the puzzle just clicked into place. G had his own horse in the race, as well, it seems. What a disgusting group they call "family."

I don't know George's place in all this crazy mess, and you are so right. Who in the world understands this as family?

I don't know George's place in all this crazy mess, and you are so right. Who in the world understands this as family?

... When all the W's had to do was take the current, very fair child visitation arrangement already in place and, if it would make them feel better, formalize it in court. How much would that have cost them.... and everybody would be alive and well, children would be with their parents and nobody would be locked up for the rest of their lives.

Folie à deux ('madness shared by two')
The W's are a little bit different: Folie a' quatre.

In the article from the Columbus Dispatch a quote from Mike DeWine:

“I made a commitment to the families that we would solve this case. This plea was really a big deal, a huge step toward justice,” DeWine told The Dispatch in an interview Monday. “I felt that I should be down there with the families.”

He said he didn’t think it was appropriate to be in the courtroom during the plea, so the DeWines watched it on a livestream and then joined the families afterward. He said the most emotional moment of the day came when family matriarch Geneva Rhoden — now 78, requiring oxygen and barely able to walk — made her way over to him and threw her arms around him in a hug.

Thank you very much. That was kind. Bless Ms. Geneva Rhoden.

I think it was to impress Daddy and get revenge after Chris gave Billy a beat down.

JMO

I'm not sure how many alternatives there could be concerning the planning and executing the murders. I'm just a simple layperson, but I can think outside the box. This case seems pretty simple. Jealousy, control, power, revenge and evil led the charge. What did I miss?

What I do know is that if one of the 4 Ws went to LE prior to the deaths then this conversation wouldnt be happening.

The little evidence known to the public points to all four in the planning of the murders. We know none of the 4 had the intestinal fortitude to rise up to either convince the others this was crazy or go to LE to stop it.

Nothing is ever fully black and white but this isnt so far off. The 4 Ws stalked, spied, planned and executed the murder of 8 people. All 4 are cowards for not reporting the planning. Whether they were all o n UHR the fateful night, or hanging out with granny on the farm, they are equally guilty.

What is your narrative?
What are some of your alternative theories?
In this case, what aspect do you consider muddled?

Respectfully,
Dave

Hi Dave -

I am not proposing an alternative narrative. I am just making the point that we, as people, like to have clear narratives to make sense of the world. Whenever an event happens, we try to find cause and a narrative that helps us make sense of things.

We do not know what caused World War I, but we do know it was not simply the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Yet, still, we are all conditioned to look for causes and effects, even when there isn’t one at all -- at least not one that is easily attainable.

The inability to look at an event without creating a story around it is known by psychologists as the Narrative Fallacy. It helps us process things more easily, but some things just aren't knowable.

For example, you mentioned this seems logical with the small amount of information we know. There is a small amount of information that we do know, yet we already have a complex and far reaching narrative.

I am just open to the idea that there is more and I am open to the idea that I will never know this anymore than why I skipped breakfast this morning.

I remember over the years there have been a couple WS members who, in previous threads, mentioned that they were planning to someday write a book on the Rhoden murders.

Sometimes I get on my own nerves because I'm such a curious person. I searched Google to see if anyone has written any books on this case. I found this. Is anyone familiar? (Hope the link works).

Murders on the Ridge

I remember over the years there have been a couple WS members who, in previous threads, mentioned that they were planning to someday write a book on the Rhoden murders.

Sometimes I get on my own nerves because I'm such a curious person. I searched Google to see if anyone has written any books on this case. I found this. Is anyone familiar? (Hope the link works).

Murders on the Ridge

The publication being referenced appears to be a work of Mystery Fiction. The brief synopsis itself includes inaccurate information. Therefore, the publication is not suitable for discussion on the thread.

Last edited:
The publication being referenced appears to be a work of Mystery Fiction. The brief synopsis itself includes inaccurate information. Therefore, the publication is not suitable for discussion on the thread.

I am well aware of that. I never indicated it was "non-fiction". Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Per the note by the author, she clearly states in bold that the book is fictional as she wrote:

"*This novel is fictional, but based on true events that happened in Pike County, Ohio, in April of 2016. The names and locations have been fictionalized, and the conclusions contained in this work of fiction are purely a product of the author's imagination. NOTE: As of March 2021, the four individuals who were arrested in 2018 for the murders of the Rhoden family have yet to go to trial in Southern Ohio. Mike DeWine became governor of the State of Ohio in January of 2019."

I only read the inside cover on Amazon via web and thought others might be interested. Haven't read the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not related to the Rhoden Family case, but for anyone that became aware of the Hopper Rd Case in the last few years, a thread has been created (right now it just has the AG Link and Jody Barr video to get it started if anyone is interested) OH - OH- Piketon, Hopper Rd, Curtis Francis 34 & Jennifer Burgette 30, 9 December 2006
Thanks, I have heard of the case and I'm glad Websleuths has picked up the case. Does LE consider this a cold case and filed or is there some renewed LE interest in the story?

Jody Barr is a good reporter, he reported on the W4 case for a while after the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member