Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To post the complaint it must be linked from somewhere - does it matter where?

A court site, a journalist social media, a MSM article, an official LE page, etc. are all acceptable sites to link to. If you have a particular link you would like reviewed to see if it fits the criteria, you can report your post and in the report include the link you have in mind and are questioning. One of us can then take a look at it and let you know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Samuel Olson's dad denies involvement in son's apparent death as girlfriend faces charges

“The father had been engaged in a custody battle with his wife, Sarah Olson, who was divorcing him, and he believed he had primary custody over their child, Veenstra said.

Dalton and Sarah, the estranged couple, spent almost two years attempting to negotiate Samuel’s care. The father was proactive in fighting for custody, Veenstra said, and by the end, he misunderstood that the mother should have had more access to her son than she did.

They had separated and entered a custody order in April 2019, splitting time with Samuel, Veenstra said. Concern over Sam’s wellbeing caused Dalton to file another order in January 2020 and hire an attorney, he said. Sarah filed for divorce days later.

Dalton was under the impression that the orders had been modified to make him the custodial parent, and Sarah had little to no access to her son starting January 2020, Veenstra said. That order had actually never been put in place.”

That sounds convoluted.

DO and SO were not divorced yet DO already has a fiancée? Huh?

How long have DO and TB been together?
In November, DO obtain a restraining order against TB which extended to protect his family. This order was for the woman that murdered his child but he was actively preventing SO, the child's mother, from seeing her baby? :eek:

This stinks!

For the moment, I'm thinking the pick-up truck driver didn't know about Samuel when he provided TB the ride. When he found out later, he called Crimestoppers.

We might learn otherwise, but for now, that's what I'm assuming.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more.
I'm having trouble with him not knowing. I believe he helped load that bin/tote into the bed of his truck. The odor must have been overwhelming.
After arriving at the hotel, it's been reported he then spent several hours inside the room with TB before unloading the bin and taking it into the hotel room. I'm not sure what's going on here with TB and all her friends, but one thing I know. It's really strange.
I am however thankful he reported it.

I just listened again to MG 6/2/21 linked through media thread. Maybe I missed it, but I did not hear him mention SO charge or upcoming trial. The only time he mentions anything that may have something to do with this incident is when he says SO last saw Samuel during summer 2020. could you link the other MG statement please.
Yes - I think he misspoke and referred to summer instead of May. He admits to not being up to speed on every detail of the case because 1) they only do family law side (not criminal case) 2) he is head of the firm of 70 lawyers and she asked him to speak as that role 3) SO had trouble even speaking with her lawyers on this as she has been so distraught.

This was the first pc with her attorneys:
FOX 26 Houston - Lawyers representing mother of missing 6-year-old boy holding news conference | Facebook
At about the 1 minute mark he mentions she hasn't seen or spoken to him in about a year. At about 15:15 he is asked about the accusation of trying to hit DO with a vehicle and suggests that is an incorrect characterization.

I am watching KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX news on TV.

A reporter stated they are awaiting the Probable Cause Hearing of Theresa Raye Balboa. She stated that at about 11:03 a.m. CDT.

They showed the inside of the area where the hearing will take place.

I assume it will be televised and streamed live. Just my assumption.

Here is a Link to KTRK (ABC) website. They will usually run an "alert" that you can click on in the header:

KTRK Houston news, weather and traffic - Latest Texas news and weather

I am still subscribed to the county court site from a case I followed many years back. Was pleasantly surprised to see that my username and password still auto filled or I would have been hard pressed to remember either.

This article contains quite a bit of info gleaned from the complaint I was able to read there and nutshells it.

Samuel Olson Update: Court Documents Show Suspect Moved Texas Boy's Body for Weeks | The Washington Newsday

According to court filings, Samuel may have died as early as May 10 and that Balboa placed the child’s body in a bathtub for two days before transporting him in a plastic storage box to several locations. (I imagine "several" could just be the storage locker and motel)
Samuel Olson Update: Court Documents Show Suspect Moved Texas Boy's Body for Weeks | The Washington Newsday

I'm having trouble with him not knowing. I believe he helped load that bin/tote into the bed of his truck. The odor must have been overwhelming.
After arriving at the hotel, it's been reported he then spent several hours inside the room with TB before unloading the bin and taking it into the hotel room. I'm not sure what's going on here with TB and all her friends, but one thing I know. It's really strange.
I am however thankful he reported it.
Seems like he unloaded it after spending time in the motel room (maybe because it smelled?). They went into the room around 3:30am and he brought in the box at 6am and left.

LE entered the motel room and had to ask where the boy was, so perhaps the plastic bag, duct tape, and plastic tote covered the smell somewhat? The officer report says they recognized the smell after prying open the tote lid.

I'm giving the pick-up truck guy the benefit of the doubt until we hear the full story.

jmo

Seems like he unloaded it after spending time in the motel room (maybe because it smelled?). They went into the room around 3:30am and he brought in the box at 6am and left.

LE entered the motel room and had to ask where the boy was, so perhaps the plastic bag, duct tape, and plastic tote covered the smell somewhat? The officer report says they recognized the smell after prying open the tote lid.

I'm giving the pick-up truck guy the benefit of the doubt until we hear the full story.

jmo

Yep. Pick-up truck guy did the right thing. Roommate, however, seems to have made some serious character-revealing choices.

Last edited:
Not that this makes this horrific incident any better by no means, but is it possible that TB (of course) and the roommate were aware of Samuel being deceased and in the plastic bin, but the unidentified man went to pick TB up from Wal-Mart because she’d told him about the fight. He drove her to the hotel in Jasper thinking he was just helping a ‘friend’ get away for a bit, but once he moved the bin into the room and noticed the smell, he called the tip line to report it...possibly meaning he really had no idea about what the other two had done?

Just thinking aloud...

I think that’s probably what happened. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads