Deleted threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspdenver

Reaction score
I have noticed several times, including a Kansas missing person thread today, that threads seem to be gone and the posts I've made in it no longer show up in my content. As far as I know, this has only happened (to me) when a missing person has been found safe, which a quick web search today showed the Kansas man was.

Does Websleuths do this deliberately, say if a family member contacts them asking for their loved one's thread to be taken down, or could this be some kind of error when updating the thread to the Located forum?

Threads may be pulled for a number of reasons, for example:

the missing person is a minor who has been found safe

the victim was a suicide or it was an accident or an adult voluntarily missing

family has requested removal (and WS will review background and reasons for request)

WS thread criterion was not met to justify thread opening

merging with a duplicate thread is not appropriate if it simply duplicates content

management determines the thread is simply not appropriate for Websleuths

Threads may also be pulled at Tricia's discretion, or at the discretion of a Mod, Admin, or Forum Coordinator. Generally, we will try to notify the members who participate in the thread, but depending on the specific circumstances, members are not always notified.

If a pre-existing thread has been pulled and is not available for whatever reason, members should not start another thread without first checking with WS staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member