Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear lord... did she contact every ex in her little black book??

https://twitter.com/imjessicawilley/status/1401023985106698241?s=21
#SamuelOlson
“To know someone I loved and cared for, did that to a child, it hurts. That scares me.” Alex Rizo, the father of Theresa Balboa’s daughters also said she contacted him after Sam’s death. abc13.com/theresa-balboa… #abc13

“I know she's had problems. She's had her issues. I know she's had a difficult life. I would have never have thought something of this magnitude would ever happen."

Difficult life?
issues and problems....what were they?

Theresa Raye Balboa's next court appearance is on Monday, June 7, 2021.

The red hi-lite below is done by me; not Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail.
~~~~~

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 06/04/2021 - 23:39

NAME BALBOA, THERESA RAYE

SPN
02494025 DOB 02/17/1992

JAIL
JA09/4J2 01P BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021
UP DATE OUT DATE

CASE # 172557001010 BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021

CHARGE - TAMP W/EVIDENCE - HUMAN CORPSE

COURT 180 COURT DATE 06/07/2021

BOND AMT 500000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE
BOND EXC

Source:

Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail Inmate Search - Info

https://www.harriscountyso.org/jailinfo/HCSO_FindSomeoneInJail.aspx

Last edited:
Sorry I’m not good at linking but has anyone searched her Facebook page. She also has a 12 year old son. If she’s 29, she gave birth to him when she was 17. Seems he wasn’t part of her everyday life but she did see him a lot, in the early years. Her looks have changed a lot, in a short amount of time. So sad this little boy didn’t have the life he deserved.

The following is per the Office of Harris County District Clerk (Houston, TX):

Teresa Raye Balboa has a court appearance on 6/7/21 at 9 a.m. CDT in State District Court 180 for Arraignment - Master Docket in Houston, Harris County, TX.

To view this at the site, one has to Register with The Office of the Harris County District Clerk and then log in.

When logged in, click on Criminal. Enter Teresa Raye Balboa's info. When her info comes up, click on Settings.

Source Link:

Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

upload_2021-6-5_0-1-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-4_23-58-7.png
    upload_2021-6-4_23-58-7.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 14
The following is per the Office of Harris County District Clerk (Houston, TX):

Teresa Raye Balboa has a court appearance on 6/7/21 at 9 a.m. CDT in State District Court 180 for Arraignment - Master Docket in Houston, Harris County, TX.

To view this at the site, one has to Register with The Office of the Harris County District Clerk and then log in.

When logged in, click on Criminal. Enter Teresa Raye Balboa's info. When her info comes up, click on Settings.

Source Link:

Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

View attachment 299602
It looks like she hasn't been assigned an attorney yet. I would think she would have representation by her arraignment on Monday.

It looks like she hasn't been assigned an attorney yet. I would think she would have representation by her arraignment on Monday.
Considered the first formal step of the criminal court process, an arraignment is a pre-trial court hearing in which a person is formally charged. What happens during an arraignment in Texas is that the judge will ask the defendant if she or he wants to be appointed an attorney after the charges are read.

From the link, bbm

It had been weeks since Alex Rizo communicated with his ex-girlfriend Theresa Balboa and so he was not receptive when she recently contacted him.

"She just called me out of nowhere and said, 'Is the offer to come up there still open?' I told her, 'No,' and that was it, and she stopped replying," he said.

According to Rizo, Balboa made contact with him on either May 23 or 24, which would have been, a witness told police, after 5-year-old Samuel Olson was already dead....

They were together for more than 10 years. She is the mother of his two children. He said they broke up four years ago and claims it was far from amicable.

In case someone has not seen this interview with Dalton Olson, the father of Samuel Olson. This interview was conducted by Joe Lanford a reporter with FOX26 News - Houston, TX on June 2, 2021.

Ivory Hecker, a reporter with FOX26 News - Houston, TX posted this to her Facebook timeline.

Click on the below blue hi-lited "link" and it will take you to the facebook timeline of Ivory Hecker . . . to the video interview.

From the link, bbm

It had been weeks since Alex Rizo communicated with his ex-girlfriend Theresa Balboa and so he was not receptive when she recently contacted him.

"She just called me out of nowhere and said, 'Is the offer to come up there still open?' I told her, 'No,' and that was it, and she stopped replying," he said.

According to Rizo, Balboa made contact with him on either May 23 or 24, which would have been, a witness told police, after 5-year-old Samuel Olson was already dead....

They were together for more than 10 years. She is the mother of his two children. He said they broke up four years ago and claims it was far from amicable.

Exactly !! I posted the article up thread about 2am when I saw it. The Timing of the contact with AR was yet another huge Red flag as to TB looking to RUN imo

<modsnip -quoted post removed>
Somethings definitely off about why this child was being moved around. Here is one of the first articles I could find which mentions the ongoing custody battle between SO and DO, yet the hearing referred to-just days before Samuel was reported missing, was for SOs indictment for allegedly attempting to run DO over. <modsnip>
5-year-old Texas boy was dead for weeks before reported missing, officials say

<modsnip>

Something else that has been bothering me through all these reports; what was the bday plan for this 6 yr old? Was DO making plans to celebrate his son’s bday, as apparently it was the year prior?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note - Falls at Random:
While I can understand questions/speculation around COVID given a few statements made in the media regarding little Samuel possibly getting sick, efforts should be made to avoid taking the thread sideways and turning it into a discussion about COVID.
If little Samuel was getting sick, it could be due to a number of potential illnesses. In the end, as we know so far, this child was concealed in horrible fashion for weeks and attempts were made to hide his death.

Posts focused on COVID have been and will be removed to avoid thread derailing.

Thanks for understanding,
Tiff

Last edited:
Here is an updated article on the case

Mods my apologies if I missed it already posted this morning. TIA

Samuel Olson's family can't bear to hear 'sickening details' of corpse

There are some very thought provoking statement quotes by the paternal grandmother. IMO

"I met Theresa when she was over here with him, she was fine.

"It's a sad thing when somebody does something like that to a kid.

"I believe that he did something that he wasn't supposed to and she punished him.

"She spanked him or slapped him around, more than she should, it's obvious she lost her temper. I'd never seen her do that."

TB had an active R.O. that barred her from ANY contact with DO and his family.

Eta: quotes by TO

Last edited:
From the link, bbm

TB is 29 years old, so she would have been 25 when they broke up.
Been together since TB was 15 if the 10 years is correct.

IMHO Samuel’s school is the least culpable entity in this tragedy.

In the best of times, schools do an excellent job of keeping track of the welfare of their students. Teachers are deemed mandatory reporters who are held by law to report any suspicion of neglect or abuse, and I believe they take that responsibility very seriously.

States and school districts also have compulsory attendance guidelines that trigger flags when a student is missing from school for consecutive days or extended time. There are processes in place for each district that address this. Here is the attendance policy for Cy-Fair Independent School District, which includes Holbrook Elementary School, which is where Samuel attended. At age 5, IMHO he must have been voluntarily enrolled since enrollment is not mandated until a child is age 6. However, before age 6, once a child IS enrolled, they must follow the same attendance guidelines.
Compulsory Attendance Law :: Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

Here is a brief overview of the State of Texas Compulsory Attendance law.
Attendance Requirements

My point is that since CoVid, IMHO it must have been a nightmare tracking attendance. With most schools offering some virtual attendance option at some point during the 2020-2021 school year, it must have been easy to fall through the cracks on attendance. It was also fluid, in that families had different needs at different times based on their own employment. Add to that the transient lifestyle many families were thrust into during this time, and it would have been challenging at the least to track down each child who was here today and gone next week. It is heartbreaking in the best of times without a pandemic. It is tragic now.

All this to say even if the school did their best to find out where Samuel was, IMHO it could have been unsuccessful during the few weeks between when they last saw him April 30 and when they learned about his disappearance the same day we all did May 27. And, as a teacher, I know they are emotionally suffering greatly because of it.

Last edited:

There are some very thought provoking statement quotes by the paternal grandmother. IMO

"I believe that he did something that he wasn't supposed to and she punished him.

"She spanked him or slapped him around, more than she should, it's obvious she lost her temper. I'd never seen her do that."

Note respectfully, IMHO I believe the bolded quotes are from the family friend DC, who “offered DO a room several months ago”. It is confusing the way The Sun has it laid out, with pictures interspersed throughout the article. I had to read it several times to track back that IMHO it is the friend who is quoted in this particular passage and not Samuel’s paternal grandmother.

Last edited:
Considered the first formal step of the criminal court process, an arraignment is a pre-trial court hearing in which a person is formally charged. What happens during an arraignment in Texas is that the judge will ask the defendant if she or he wants to be appointed an attorney after the charges are read.
Thank you @Ann-Tx :)

I don't even know what to say about those quotes! "She spanked him or slapped him around more than she should." ??? Slapped him around? Since when is this how your correct a child's behavior?
I'd say "punished him" is putting it VERY lightly.

I don't even know what to say about those quotes! "She spanked him or slapped him around more than she should." ??? Slapped him around? Since when is this how your correct a child's behavior?
I'd say "punished him" is putting it VERY lightly.
I'm sitting on my hands right now feeling so infuriated at these red flag quotes. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288