UK UK - David Spencer, 13, & Patrick Warren, 11, Chelmsley Wood England, 1996

Sorry I just saw that the article has already been posted. I think the police are keeping tight lipped until they know for sure it's the boys. Why would they tell the boys mom the bones are the size of children if they had completely ruled out that it the boys remains. I have a feeling they may have been found after all this time.

So do they think they are an archeological find?

If so, what a strange location coincidence.

I hope they will release how many different children's remains were found, ages / gender (in case they are victims who can be linked to another case), and results of DNA testing.

I wonder if he/she will turn out to be a known missing person from the past few decades, and do they think the person is a victim who was placed there shortly before the sidewalk was poured; then it would be helpful to find out when the it was poured... completely speculating on the situation.

Masshouse - Wikipedia

Maybe not, looking at what was built around there it’s more likely 2005/2006. Although is that “quite some time?”

Phase 1 will stretch from the McLaren Building to the Park Street. The scheme is being developed by David McLean Developments and has been designed by Edward Cullinan Architects. The entire scheme is expected to cost £350 million[13] and provide 1,100,000 square feet (102,000 m2) of space.[14]

The planning application for Block I was submitted in October 2004.[14] Block I has been completed and the first residents moved into the building in December 2006

Anyone watch it then?

Amazes me all these years later how little concern was from police at the time....I know 1990s was different feeling but still. Wilson called it right with the "class" comment, infact I was expecting him to bring up the Nicola Dixon case (17 year old girl who was murdered 10 miles away in Sutton Coldfield on New Years eve 1996).

Field is certainly a very credible suspect given he was living nearby at the time and with his offending history through the decades. Guess it's like the Suzy Lamplugh case, most of surrounding evidence points to one man but will not come close to conviction without bodies being recovered and still not happened despite the search late last year.

I have read bits about his potential involvement, but I'm not sure tbh. He seemed to willing to talk about how he murdered Roy Tuthill. Why would he not want to brag about these boys, too?

Not saying he didn't do it - he certainly seems the best suspect - but obviously the police don't have anything solid to go on.

According to the docu he got done for drink driving and DNA linked him to Roy Tuthill. Think this was 2001 and murder happened late 60s so think it's just classic case of him keeping quiet until he gets caught and then he just confesses to everything.

I think it's just a case of he was cruising around Chelmsley Wood, saw them around the centre hanging around and offered them some sweets in his car or a lift back him. Only issue is the bike really, would they have potentially got into a car he was driving with the bike (seems pretty difficult) and then after disposing of them he returned early hours to where he'd picked them up and put the bike back there or it was just left by the kids regardless which seems a bit odd to me given it was a xmas present and he'd only had it a day or two.

Or he's got a rock solid alibi for that night but seems unlikely.

I watched it. Very surprised to learn that Field committed a murder in 1968 but was subsequently convicted of further less serious offenses. It certainly makes me wonder what else he is guilty of.

Also interesting about the witness who saw Field with them.

The thing is though David was a keen boxer. But l guess we don't know what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back