Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think TX sellers need to disclose a death that is unrelated to the condition of the property. This is buying/selling, but I can’t imagine rental laws would be any stricter. PROPERTY CODE CHAPTER 5. CONVEYANCES. Murder isn’t mentioned. I can see that being considered a “material defect” that should be disclosed by a seller - and that IS required by some states - but haven’t researched Texas specifically.

We don’t know if a death took place in this unit. A dead body, yes. And even if he died in the unit, we don’t know yet if it was a natural death or a murder. Generally, natural deaths are treated differently for disclosure purposes IMO. (Like many here, I believe this was a murder).

If anyone wants to research further, look at “stigma” statutes. I believe (not positive) these statutes really picked up in the context of AIDS/HIV. There’s an awesome, pun-filled court opinion (maybe NY?) dealing with haunted houses. I’ll try to find it - it was a staple in contract law classes, I think.

Last edited:
Screenshot of such, thanks so very much. So again. Was it his normal move out? or ???

SOURCE: From you link. Gateway at Ellington Apartments - Webster, TX | Apartments.com Screenshot.

SCREENSHOT FROM ABOVE LINK SHOWING AA APT IS UP FOR RENT CURRENTLY:
View attachment 299940

I am going to self report this post. I think within TOS so posting such.

"A note on the door shows Rivera's lease was up on the home."

Scroll down the article for pictures of the door and apartment:

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found

NINTCHDBPICT000657175727-1.jpg NINTCHDBPICT000657175725-1.jpg

Hello from the UK ...

I was really confused about how Theresa would be saying that Sams Mother (and a cop) came for Sam and yet Dad, Dalton wouldn't have seen Sam in the days beforehand when he was presumably (we know now) already dead ... but I just read that Sam was feeling unwell and was staying with Theresa to quarantine because there is someone medically vulnerable who Dad lives with ... okay, NOW that's making sense for me!
Forgive me if you all knew this already 'cause I was thinking 'how would Dad not have noticed that Sam was missing for the best part of 2 weeks before the fake cop story' ... our news coverage here didn't mention the quarantining.

It's hard not to draw comparisons between Balboa and Leticia Stauch isn't it ... Poor babies

Can anyone please tell me why Theresa would specifically be trying to get to Louisianna?
alligators

My attempt at quoting Tim Miller verbatim at 38:10 in Nancy Grace's podcast at

SOURCE: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg entitled OUTRAGE: Little tot boy found in tote bag in hotel room.
HOW TO LISTEN TO: You do not have to log in (at least I didn't) Click on the above link. Then click on the arrow icon to play the audio. If you want to go to the area that I have transcribed, put your cursor on the line that has the dot that moves the time throughout the audio, then click on that circle and while holding down on computer, move the circle to ~38 minutes into the podcast.
VISUAL OF PODCAST PAGE SCREENSHOT
View attachment 299934

Tim discussed more of what was in other MSM as to what he said after he "tricked" her (his words) into giving the interview the day she fled from giving out flyers....

[Right after she gave interview is timeframe of what he said to Theresa] ........"Every word you just told the world is a damn lie. Two years ago today I was in Arkansas bringing back the body of little Maleah Davis, and if you think I want to be here today, you're crazy as hell. You know exactly what happened and you need to talk to God right now, you and Him have a lot to talk about. We're getting this over with today, do you understand. I'm yelling at her. And she just looked at me with those cold eyes and said "yes sir"

"You know the father just kept sticking up for Theresa, sticking up for Theresa.

"And then about 3:30 that afternoon they were down at the end of the apartment complex outside the fence and I seen that the ex boyfriend was outside. So I went down there and again I'm talking loud, and I say to Dalton, I said Dalton, again I have a problem. How in the world can you leave your child with somebody in this apartment complex you've never seen in your life? (Then Tim cuts out and moves to another guest on her show without an answer.. then comes back to Tim......)

...."We're down there close to where the boyfriend lives and I'm telling Dalton again, Dalton I can't understand you allowing your child to stay in this apartment complex right over here with somebody you don't know. And ex-boyfriend B*n, he's outside. And I says, and again, this person right here that you're sticking up for is 100% responsible. And then Dalton starts literally shaking and crying and hits the ground and then he says "but you don't understand about Sarah. Last year she almost ran over me." I said you're right, she almost ran over you, but guess what. Your son is not almost missing and this, you keep sticking up for this girl that had everything to do with it. And then what happened then is Theresa said that she wanted to go in B*n's apartment and change clothes. Well, she did go in B*n's apartment. She came out with a change of clothes but I know exactly what the hell happened. She went in there and said B*n, it is gettin' hot right now, we gotta make our move. [? Then or B*n?] I told them, listen. We got all these flyers, go pass flyers out. So they're on this street, they're passing out flyers. Theresa says "look at the apartments across the street, I see people outside. I'm gonna give 'em flyers." She went over there. They waited waited waited, she did not come back. Dalton comes to the command center, he's crying his eyes out. "Theresa's gone, she's gone, she's gone" And I went to homicide detectives and I said listen, maybe the best thing happened, Theresa just bailed. And they said "yep, she bailed, that's the best thing that could happen, now maybe we can make progress." So, I think when I pushed her so hard at that end she went in and told Ben we gotta get the hell outta here. " THE END of Tim talking

What still surprises me is that she was located by the Crimestoppers' call, vs. LE expecting her to run after such confrontation and having her location found due to an exigent circumstances phone ping. I guess she turned her phone off, and sat in that hotel room waiting and waiting and never turned her phone back on to ping????

ETA: Also, wouldn't LE be able to quickly know the numbers she called when she went AWOL????
so it TOTALLY WAS TM that ws the "altercation"!!!

MOD REMINDER -

Any photos posted need to include the link to the source of the photos. If you have questions about what can be posted, please send a REPORT (at the bottom of every post) or send a PM to one of us. It is not recommended to ask questions about the rules in a post on a thread.

THANKS!
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

I don’t think TX sellers need to disclose a death that is unrelated to the condition of the property. This is buying/selling, but I can’t imagine rental laws would be any stricter. PROPERTY CODE CHAPTER 5. CONVEYANCES. Murder isn’t mentioned. I can see that being considered a “material defect” that should be disclosed by a seller - and that IS required by some states - but haven’t researched Texas specifically.

We don’t know if a death took place in this unit. A dead body, yes. And even if he died in the unit, we don’t know yet if it was a natural death or a murder. Generally, natural deaths are treated differently for disclosure purposes IMO. (Like many here, I believe this was a murder).

If anyone wants to research further, look at “stigma” statutes. I believe (not positive) these statutes really picked up in the context of AIDS/HIV. There’s an awesome, pun-filled court opinion (maybe NY?) dealing with haunted houses. I’ll try to find it - it was a staple in contract law classes, I think.
In California, any death on the property must be disclosed to prospective tenants.
Death on the premises within the past three years:
If an occupant died on the property within three years of the landlord's offer to rent, the landlord must disclose this fact. Landlords are not required to disclose that an occupant of that property was living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or died from AIDS-related complications. (Cal. Civ. Code § 1710.2.)
What Disclosures Do Landlords in California Need to Give Tenants?

My attempt at quoting Tim Miller verbatim at 38:10 in Nancy Grace's podcast at

SOURCE: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg entitled OUTRAGE: Little tot boy found in tote bag in hotel room.
HOW TO LISTEN TO: You do not have to log in (at least I didn't) Click on the above link. Then click on the arrow icon to play the audio. If you want to go to the area that I have transcribed, put your cursor on the line that has the dot that moves the time throughout the audio, then click on that circle and while holding down on computer, move the circle to ~38 minutes into the podcast.
VISUAL OF PODCAST PAGE SCREENSHOT
View attachment 299934

Tim discussed more of what was in other MSM as to what he said after he "tricked" her (his words) into giving the interview the day she fled from giving out flyers....

[Right after she gave interview is timeframe of what he said to Theresa] ........"Every word you just told the world is a damn lie. Two years ago today I was in Arkansas bringing back the body of little Maleah Davis, and if you think I want to be here today, you're crazy as hell. You know exactly what happened and you need to talk to God right now, you and Him have a lot to talk about. We're getting this over with today, do you understand. I'm yelling at her. And she just looked at me with those cold eyes and said "yes sir"

"You know the father just kept sticking up for Theresa, sticking up for Theresa.

"And then about 3:30 that afternoon they were down at the end of the apartment complex outside the fence and I seen that the ex boyfriend was outside. So I went down there and again I'm talking loud, and I say to Dalton, I said Dalton, again I have a problem. How in the world can you leave your child with somebody in this apartment complex you've never seen in your life? (Then Tim cuts out and moves to another guest on her show without an answer.. then comes back to Tim......)

...."We're down there close to where the boyfriend lives and I'm telling Dalton again, Dalton I can't understand you allowing your child to stay in this apartment complex right over here with somebody you don't know. And ex-boyfriend B*n, he's outside. And I says, and again, this person right here that you're sticking up for is 100% responsible. And then Dalton starts literally shaking and crying and hits the ground and then he says "but you don't understand about Sarah. Last year she almost ran over me." I said you're right, she almost ran over you, but guess what. Your son is not almost missing and this, you keep sticking up for this girl that had everything to do with it. And then what happened then is Theresa said that she wanted to go in B*n's apartment and change clothes. Well, she did go in B*n's apartment. She came out with a change of clothes but I know exactly what the hell happened. She went in there and said B*n, it is gettin' hot right now, we gotta make our move. [? Then or B*n?] I told them, listen. We got all these flyers, go pass flyers out. So they're on this street, they're passing out flyers. Theresa says "look at the apartments across the street, I see people outside. I'm gonna give 'em flyers." She went over there. They waited waited waited, she did not come back. Dalton comes to the command center, he's crying his eyes out. "Theresa's gone, she's gone, she's gone" And I went to homicide detectives and I said listen, maybe the best thing happened, Theresa just bailed. And they said "yep, she bailed, that's the best thing that could happen, now maybe we can make progress." So, I think when I pushed her so hard at that end she went in and told Ben we gotta get the hell outta here. " THE END of Tim talking

What still surprises me is that she was located by the Crimestoppers' call, vs. LE expecting her to run after such confrontation and having her location found due to an exigent circumstances phone ping. I guess she turned her phone off, and sat in that hotel room waiting and waiting and never turned her phone back on to ping????

ETA: Also, wouldn't LE be able to quickly know the numbers she called when she went AWOL????

It doesn't sound like DO had ever met the roommate before. I wonder if DO thought Samuel was living elsewhere, perhaps at the McAvoy address.

ETA: According to the AA, it appears he did know where Samuel was living (at the apartment) starting on April 30... but maybe he had just found out that day, when he reported Samuel missing (May 27).

<moo>

Last edited:
MOD REMINDER -

Any photos posted need to include the link to the source of the photos. If you have questions about what can be posted, please send a REPORT (at the bottom of every post) or send a PM to one of us. It is not recommended to ask questions about the rules in a post on a thread.

THANKS!
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Thank you .. will correct

In California, any death on the property must be disclosed to prospective tenants.
Death on the premises within the past three years:
If an occupant died on the property within three years of the landlord's offer to rent, the landlord must disclose this fact. Landlords are not required to disclose that an occupant of that property was living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or died from AIDS-related complications. (Cal. Civ. Code § 1710.2.)
What Disclosures Do Landlords in California Need to Give Tenants?

Ok, but what does CA law have to do with a TX apartment? I may have missed it - is the apartment in CA? Thanks!

Ok, but what does CA law have to do with a TX apartment? I may have missed it - is the apartment in CA? Thanks!
No, I mentioned that in my original post about this, and since you questioned whether such laws exist, wrote a long post and also brought NY state and AIDS into it, I thought you may be interested to see the CA statute. ;)

This may answer the Texas question
Texas Property Code Section 92.0162 - Right to Vacate and Avoid Liability Following Tenant's Death (2019)
Moo

It doesn't sound like DO had ever met the roommate before. I wonder if DO thought Samuel was living elsewhere, perhaps at the McAvoy address.

ETA: According to the AA, it appears he did know where Samuel was living (at the apartment) starting on April 30... but maybe he had just found out that day, when he reported Samuel missing (May 27).

<moo>
Did DO even know the roommate existed while Samuel was alive? I took Tim Miller’s comment to mean DO had never been to the apartment but maybe he meant the roommate. JMO but most people wouldn’t be happy with their fiancé living in a 1 bedroom apt with an ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans