Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't sound like DO had ever met the roommate before. I wonder if DO thought Samuel was living elsewhere, perhaps at the McAvoy address.

ETA: According to the AA, it appears he did know where Samuel was living (at the apartment) starting on April 30... but maybe he had just found out that day, when he reported Samuel missing (May 27).

<moo>
i wonder if he knew her ex lived there and it was a one bedroom....

Did DO even know the roommate existed while Samuel was alive? I took Tim Miller’s comment to mean DO had never been to the apartment but maybe he meant the roommate. JMO but most people wouldn’t be happy with their fiancé living in a 1 bedroom apt with an ex.

Right. It seems Tim Miller might've onfronted DO about that, doesn't it? <moo>

I'm still trying to figure out the timeline myself and ran across this article where this car was towed that I hadn't seen.

The last time anyone outside of Samuel’s family saw him was on April 30 when the boy was at school in northeast Houston.

Samuel's grandmother TO says she last saw Sam on May 2nd when he stayed with her.

He was reported missing May 27th by father DO. A black car was towed on June 1st from Gateway at Ellington apartment complex after they said they received reports that it was the last known location Samuel was seen.

AAKARHN.img

© Provided by KHOU-TV Houston
Car towed away as search for 6-year-old Samuel Olson continues; hasn't been to school since April, police say
Samuel Olson attended school in northwest Harris County - Houston, TX in the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. He did not attend school in northeast Houston.

Per Houston Police Department (HPD), April 30 was the last day that Samuel Olson attended school.

i wonder if he knew her ex lived there and it was a one bedroom....

My interpretation is that he knew the ex lived there based on the below:

Tim Miller at 32:58 in Nancy Grace Podcast:https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

TM asks DO what does he know about this guy BR? DO says nothing, says he never talked to him. TM asks a few more questions of DO.. DO tells TM “Well TB said he’s a good guy, he helps her out.”

TM states he is scratching his head at this point.

TB said she would go to her ex-boyfriends house BR - allegedly telling DO he’s a nice guy.

Yeah, I think it’s weird they are advertising this unit already.
In California the law says you have to notify prospective renters if there’s been a death in the rental in the previous 3 years, they may not have that requirement in Texas but I think the neighbors are going to be talking about that unit for years to come.

I would assume it was already listed because they didn't renew their lease whenever it was time. I don't think it has anything to do with this case.

My interpretation is that he knew the ex lived there based on the below:

Tim Miller at 32:58 in Nancy Grace Podcast:https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwjgwc2mzIbxAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

TM asks DO what does he know about this guy BR? DO says nothing, says he never talked to him. TM asks a few more questions of DO.. DO tells TM “Well TB said he’s a good guy, he helps her out.”

TM states he is scratching his head at this point.

TB said she would go to her ex-boyfriends house BR - allegedly telling DO he’s a nice guy.
I'm sorry.. what? DO and BR had never met?!
This case is brutal.
who DOESNT meet their fiance's roommate... especially if he's to be around his child? and an ex no less, who might have an axe to grind. ugh.
I am just dumbfounded, there is no benefit of doubt left in me.
MOO

OT/ETA this is my 3,000th post on websleuths! sending love to y'all other sleuthers! :D

Each time I listen to the podcast I pick up on something new,and get more disgusted. The shade thrown at Bio Mom,and her family. As if they would help her hide him. Knowing full well the entire time who was hiding SO from who. I can't wait till LE sorts out all the "He said She said crapola". MOO

Each time I listen to the podcast I pick up on something new,and get more disgusted. The shade thrown at Bio Mom,and her family. As if they would help her hide him. Knowing full well the entire time who was hiding SO from who. I can't wait till LE sorts out all the "He said She said crapola". MOO

This is only my opinion - I feel the shade being thrown at bio mom was by TB as that was her made up story in an attempt to get away with what occurred. I feel the podcast is a retelling of the story as it unfolded in respect to what TB told TM, and what DO told TM.
I don’t feel TM or others on the Podcast ever cast shade at bio mom. I think DO may have while he was being duped by TB, and that was before the realization sunk in of what occurred and TB high tailed it out of town.
My opinion could move as facts unfold but this is where I lean at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm sorry.. what? DO and BR had never met?!
This case is brutal.
who DOESNT meet their fiance's roommate... especially if he's to be around his child? and an ex no less, who might have an axe to grind. ugh.
I am just dumbfounded, there is no benefit of doubt left in me.
MOO

OT/ETA this is my 3,000th post on websleuths! sending love to y'all other sleuthers! :D

CONGRATS ON YOUR 3,000th POST, DRE!!!:):D:):D:)

"Samuel Veenstra, an attorney for Dalton Olson, said his client was grieving.

Veenstra said he didn't think Samuel had been living with Balboa. But when asked if the boy had been living with his father at the time he was reported missing, Veenstra said, “I don’t know how to answer your questions on this one, OK."

“There’s nothing in place on the family case that says who Sam could or could not go around," Veenstra said."

Affidavit: Texas boy was killed long before reported missing

---------
Attorney's first name is also Samuel...

BBM and <moo>

Last edited:
“There’s nothing in place on the family case that says who Sam could or could not go around," Veenstra said.

But there was an active RO that said TB wasn't allowed to be around anyone in DO's family, correct? If I were Sam's mother, it would be difficult for me to not want DO to be charged. It's just a laundry list of bad/weird choices.

This is only my opinion - I feel the shade being thrown at bio mom was by TB as that was her made up story in an attempt to get away with what occurred. I feel the podcast is a retelling of the story as it unfolded in respect to what TB told TM, and what DO told TM.
I don’t feel TM or others on the Podcast ever cast shade at bio mom. I think DO may have while he was being duped by TB, and that was before the realization sunk in of what occurred and TB high tailed it out of town.
My opinion could move as facts unfold but this is where I lean at the moment.
TM Stated in the podcast they knew right away it was not Bio Mom,LE Had proof from the get go Bio Mom had nothing to do with disappearing SO. So there was zero reason to stick to that story. MOO

“There’s nothing in place on the family case that says who Sam could or could not go around," Veenstra said.

But there was an active RO that said TB wasn't allowed to be around anyone in DO's family, correct? If I were Sam's mother, it would be difficult for me to not want DO to be charged. It's just a laundry list of bad/weird choices.

This! ^^^

“There’s nothing in place on the family case that says who Sam could or could not go around," Veenstra said."
Perhaps not, but if I recall correctly the custody arrangement said who Sam *should have been* living with. I get that hindsight is 20/20 so I'll sit on my (victim friendly) hands. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member