GUILTY Canada - Family of 5 targeted in hate-motivated, deadly hit & run, London, Ont., 6 June 2021 *Arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
London, Ont. police believe family of 5 targeted in hate-motivated, deadly hit-and-run
''London Police have identified four victims, all of the same family, that were struck and killed in a hit-and-run on Sunday in what investigators believe was a targeted attack fueled by hate against the Islamic faith.

Four family members – including a 74-year-old woman, 44-year-old woman, 46-year-old man, and a 15-year-old girl – were killed at a red light around 8:30 p.m. when a large, black truck came up behind the family and struck them at a high speed.

A 9-year-old, the sole survivor and fifth family member, remains in hospital with serious injuries.

Superintendent Paul Waight said Monday it’s believed the suspect intended to harm the family in what investigators are calling a “premeditated attack, motivated by hate.”

“Family members of the victims ask that the names of the victims not be released at this time,” said Waight.''

'Horrific': Police say 5 family members run down in London were targeted because they were Muslims
''Police in London, Ont. say that five family members who were mowed down by a driver while they were out for a walk Sunday night were targeted because they were Muslim.

The family was out for a walk in London’s north end at around 8:40 p.m. They were walking along Hyde Park Road near South Carriage Road when a southbound black pickup truck occupied by a single male mounted the sidewalk and struck them as they waited to cross the intersection, police said.

“I'm also able to tell you at this time that based on information collected during the course of the investigation, we believe that this was an intentional act, and that the victims of this horrific incident were targeted,” London Police Chief Stephen Williams told reporters Monday. “We believe the victims were targeted because of their Islamic faith.”

My heart is breaking for this beautiful family, so so sad.
Family of pedestrians killed in intentional anti-Muslim attack: London police | London Free Press
Syed Afzaal, 44, right, and his family were walking Sunday night on Hyde Park Rd. when they were struck by a driver who police believe targeted them because they are Muslim. Faez Afzaal, 9, left, was injured while Yumnah Afzaal, 15; Madiha, 44, the wife of Syed Afzaal; and Syed Afzaal's 74-year-old mother were killed. A 20-year-old man is charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder. A niece of Madiha's who posted the photo on Twitter identified the family members and gave The London Free Press permission to use the photo. (Twitter photo)
''A driver intentionally struck five members of a family while they were walking in northwest London, killing four of them, because of their Islamic faith, the city’s police chief alleges.

Nathaniel Veltman, 20, of London, is charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder in the largest mass killing in the city’s history''

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the aftermath last night in real time as someone listening to the fire dep't/paramedic scanner posted about it in a local crime group that I'm in. This is my area. Witnesses who were at the scene of the crime as well as the scene where the suspect were arrested were posting. One girl was sitting on her balcony, heard the revving truck engine and looked down to see the truck jump the curb. The truck did not slow down or brake according to her. Others were at the scene and saw the deaths of these poor people spread out on pavement. Many offered first aid assistance and called 911 and directed traffic. One guy was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the mall when the suspect drove in, being chased by police. This man said the suspect was wearing a military style helmet. The police report mentions a tactical style vest but not the helmet so I'm not sure if the guy's comment is legit - he did post a short video of the guy being arrested but the suspect is obscured by his truck and the video is too far away to see any detail well. I've been sick to my stomach all last night and today. What has this world become? What has my city become? It's devastating. This poor little 9 year old has lost his entire family. This just doesn't happen in London, Ontario, Canada. And yet it did.

There's a vigil tomorrow evening at 7 p.m.

Last edited:
I watched the aftermath last night in real time as someone listening to the scanner posted about it in a local crime group that I'm in. This is my area. Witnesses who were at the scene of the crime as well as the scene where the suspect were arrested were posting. One girl was sitting on her balcony, heard the revving truck engine and looked down to see the truck jump the curb. The truck did not slow down or brake according to her. Others were at the scene and saw the deaths of these poor people spread out on pavement. Many offered first aid assistance and called 911 and directed traffic. One guy was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the mall when the suspect drove in, being chased by police. This man said the suspect was wearing a military style helmet. The police report mentions a tactical style vest but not the helmet so I'm not sure if the guy's comment is legit - he did post a short video of the guy being arrested but the suspect is obscured by his truck and the video is too far away to see any detail well. I've been sick to my stomach all last night and today. What has this world become? What has my city become? It's devastating. This poor little 9 year old has lost his entire family. This just doesn't happen in London, Ontario, Canada. And yet it did.

There's a vigil tomorrow evening at 7 p.m.
And how does a twenty year old become so full of hate? I blame online groups for radicalising young men.

Five pedestrians run down in anti-Muslim attack
''No one answered at Veltman’s apartment, which sits above a downtown tea shop and next to the police force’s foot patrol office, on Monday afternoon.''

''A fundraising webpage said the dead father was a physiotherapist and cricket enthusiast, while his "brilliant" wife was working on her PhD in civil engineering at Western University. Their daughter was finishing Grade 9, while her grandmother was a "pillar" of the family, the page said.

Zahid Khan, a family friend, said the three generations of victims comprised the grandmother, father, mother and teenage daughter. The family had immigrated from Pakistan 14 years ago and were dedicated, decent and generous members of the London Muslim Mosque, he said.''

''Police were asking anyone with possible information about the incident to contact them.''

Holder said flags would be lowered for three days.

Veltman? Well, that a good old Canadian name, isn't it? He obviously originates from Dutch immigrants himself ... yet he feels that he has the right to mow down a family who immigrated from Pakistan.

Muslim family killer Nathaniel Veltman lived alone, neighbors say he 'played video games very loud'
''While the suspect does not have a criminal record and is not known to be a member of any hate group, his neighbors have said that he was an odd person. Speaking to the London Free Press on Monday night, June 7, some neighbors at his apartment building described Veltman as a person who rarely interacted with others.

One neighbor, who only identified herself as Chelsea, said that she had had arguments with him over “constant noise” from his home, where he allegedly lived alone. “I had a lot of fights with him and had to bang on his door and ask him to stop because I have a four-year-old and it was just constant, even, like, at 3 am,” she said.

Another neighbor, on condition of anonymity, said that Veltman, who had lived at the address for about a year, “just looked like a nerdy white kid, I guess, who played video games very loud.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will attend tonight’s vigil, as will Ford.

Conservative Party and NDP leaders Erin O’Toole and Jagmeet Singh will also be in attendance.

Crowds begin to gather ahead of London vigil for family run down in hate-motivated attack

Ontario Premier Doug Ford says the government is working with the local health unit to temporarily ease COVID-19 restrictions to allow for people to gather at the vigil and that he will also be in attendance.

Hundreds expected to attend vigil for Muslim family killed, injured in London, Ont. attack

live streaming link:

Crowds begin to gather ahead of London vigil for family run down in hate-motivated attack

*representatives from all political parties in attendance

Last edited:
confirmed he was wearing a military style helmet, a bullet-proof vest, and clothing with swastikas on it and was laughing when he got out of his truck to be arrested

suspect asked a cabbie to video his arrest

What we know about Nathaniel Veltman, the man charged in the London, Ont. attack
''TORONTO -- Nathaniel Veltman, the 20-year-old man charged with four counts of first-degree murder following an alleged vehicle attack in London, Ont., worked at an egg packing facility and, to date, had no known ties to hate groups.''

''Veltman worked as a part-time shipping employee Gray Ridge Egg Farms, an egg-packing facility in nearby Strathroy, Ont.In a statement on the company’s website, Gray Ridge Eggs Inc. CEO William H. Gray said management and staff at the facility “were shocked and saddened” to find out one of their employees had been accused in the murders.''

'It was chaos,' woman who stopped to help victims minutes after London terror attack says
''Miranda Campbell and her family were driving home Sunday night when they pulled up to a line of cars stopped at a green light.

Drivers were coming out of their vehicles, talking on their cellphones.

Maybe it's a car crash, she thought, but there weren't any damaged vehicles.

Then she saw the injured on the ground.

“You should go out there and help,” her husband told her.

Campbell, a nurse practitioner in London, Ont., was scared and confused.

“There were no ambulances, no police, just bystanders on their phones pacing,” she said.''

''Campbell got down, checked for a pulse, but couldn't find one. She didn't want to move the injured woman in case of a spinal injury.

She noticed the woman's traditional Muslim clothing was in tatters, leaving her exposed.

“I just covered her up, I wanted to give her dignity,” Campbell said.''

“There's children, there's children,” someone yelled.

She noticed a young boy on the ground.

“He was facing the whole thing: He saw his mom's body laying there, his grandma's body,” she said.

When she opened the car door, the full thrust of the scene hit her.''

“Their shoes were scattered all over the grass, all over the sidewalk,” Campbell said.

She looked closer at the shoes.

“All these tire tracks on them,” she said. “I saw the tire tracks that came up on the sidewalk, and up onto the grass, and then back out on the street again.”

“What the hell kind of world are we living in?” Campbell said.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back