Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think the OP thought TM was throwing shade... this is what i speculate.

DO and SO had an acrimonious split and DO took the son in part to spite her. he got w TB and their focus was spiting SO. im sure SO was furious and wanted her son back, and may have acted out of pocket with the case last may where "she tried to run him over" but since has taken the legal route, which took much too long. i tyhink DO and TB had been focusing on keeping SO from his mother and DO lost sight of what was best for his kid. and TB manipulated DO. i think she resented the focus on SO (the mom) and by extension SO (the kid).

BBM- I couldn't agree with you more.

(In addition to the RO) TB lost custody of her children in 2019, due to neglect. That alone proves she was not fit to care for any child. What was DO thinking? He was obviously blinded and not thinking with his head. ;)

DO was ticked he was required to return his son, which in turn pi$$ed TB off. Then throw in some jealousy/animosity towards her boyfriends ex-wife, and the situation provides for a perfect storm. I believe this became their main focus in life- keep SO from his Mommy. At all costs.

Poor Sam didn't stand a chance. :(

Dalton Olson begs partner to explain why she ‘killed his five-year-old son’

[...] In 2019, she also lost custody of her two young daughters over claims she neglected them.

Her children were handed over to a guardian after their father failed to claim them. [...]

Her poor babies didn't stand a chance either. Both parents didn't give a whit about them. What a sad, sad case.

Last edited:
You'd think that was a simple straight forward question, but it is convoluted and a big mess...and it helped get this poor child killed in the end...

lots of confusion and misinformation thrown around , even in early msm, so it is messy...

Essentially, from what I can figure, and from Mom's attorney---

Bio-mom had physical custody when they divorced and Dad had visitation...they split up when SO was about 2 or so, IIRC...

But Dad and ex had an altercation and Dad ran off with the kid, and hid him from mom for the past year and a half...
Thanks. It sounds messy for sure.

MoeInVA said:
It is confirmed this was the correct case number. IFS has updated the case to state it is Samuel Olson and that COD is no longer pending.

MOD and COD have not yet been updated to what we have heard in news reports: homicide and blunt force trauma to the head.

The image is cut off on the right side - I was wondering if Samuel had a middle name - it looks like it might start with "Pa". TIA!

You'd think that was a simple straight forward question, but it is convoluted and a big mess...and it helped get this poor child killed in the end...

lots of confusion and misinformation thrown around , even in early msm, so it is messy...

Essentially, from what I can figure, and from Mom's attorney---

Bio-mom had physical custody when they divorced and Dad had visitation...they split up when SO was about 2 or so, IIRC...

But Dad and ex had an altercation and Dad ran off with the kid, and hid him from mom for the past year and a half...
The custody/divorce issue is not too straight forward.
My interpretation : SO and DO separated with a custody agreement in place. Divorce ( still pending?) was filed Jan 2020 after a modified custody plan was motioned but perhaps not ordered. ( DO &/or atty I believe stated DO thought that new plan was in place and that’s why he had Samuel since that time) It seems, based purely on my own experience ( moo moo) since SO was actively trying to get Samuel back, that the plan may not have been entered by the court.

How in the world can you get someone to go to Walmart and buy duct tape and a bin, to wrap a dead baby in? Who does that? :mad::(
Someone way beyond our comprehension Katy, and unfortunately, it shows no sign of slowing down.

Gf/bf's of the parents often end up abusing and even killing these innocent children. I hold the parent(s) responsible for the safety of their children period. TB choked DO and he had a PO against her at one time. IDK how it could of been a good idea to leave Samuel in her care????

The custody/divorce issue is not too straight forward.
My interpretation : SO and DO separated with a custody agreement in place. Divorce ( still pending?) was filed Jan 2020 after a modified custody plan was motioned but perhaps not ordered. ( DO &/or atty I believe stated DO thought that new plan was in place and that’s why he had Samuel since that time) It seems, based purely on my own experience ( moo moo) since SO was actively trying to get Samuel back, that the plan may not have been entered by the court.
MOO It would be a SAPCR that is,would or could be filed initially. This can be done ProSe,private attorney or via Texas OAG title 5 courts. Please remember for those members outside of Texas in regards to any marriage questions- Texas is a Community Property and Common Law State. Texas has both Formal and Informal Marriage. Both hold the same legal entitlement and recognition. Both designations require the same divorce procedures to dissolve. With that said, there are only 4 designated classifications.
Single,Married,Divorced or Widowed.
Texas does not legally recognize formal or informal separations.
Also in this case TB and DO purported "Engagement" would be effectively null n void as would their entire relationship status; If their DO & SO respective legal status of Married was not yet dissolved. The SAPCR or Suit Affecting Parent Child Relationship can be filed regardless of relationship status. This is what sets and will establish the Primary Custodial and Non Custodial roles and guidelines. SOP Standard Order of Possession with or without Modifications.
I hope this helps to explain and put in perspective how the process goes.
MOO IMO JMO
Eta: clarification

Last edited:
I’ve always had to list every member of the household, regardless of age. This is important in case of a fire or some other disaster. The landlords can provide police a list of who should be in the house so they know who/how many people they’re looking for in an emergency.

But would that include Sam since he was just staying there temporarily?

But would that include Sam since he was just staying there temporarily?
Most likely we would have to review an actual lease agreement from that specific Apartment community to see their interpretation of overnight guest to consideration of occupancy. I have seen some that set various parameters. MOO

The Harris County Sheriffs Office inmate look up lists TB as bond denied on the assault impeding breathing charge.

It says it’s up to date as of 9:47 am today, but I am assuming that’s an error?

https://www.harriscountyso.org/jailinfo/HCSO_FindSomeoneInJail.aspx

On both charges it lists the next court date as 7/29.
———
Pasted below - in red by me:

CHARGES FOUND = 2

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 06/09/2021 - 09:47

NAME BALBOA, THERESA RAYE SPN 02494025 DOB 02/17/1992
JAIL
JA09/4J2 01P BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021
UP DATE OUT DATE

if the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 169995001010 BOOKING DATE 06/07/2021
CHARGE ASLT FAM/HOUSE MEM IMPED BRTH/CIRCU
COURT 180 COURT DATE 07/29/2021
BOND AMT FINE BALANCE DUE
BOND EXC BOND DENIED

CASE # 172557001010 BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021
CHARGE TAMP W/EVIDENCE - HUMAN CORPSE
BOND AMT 500000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE
BOND EXC

The following update was on TV - KTRK (ABC) News - Houston, TX this morning, 6/9/21.

This report is by Jessica Willey, Reporter with KTRK.

Please watch the video. At about the 1:09 mark, retired HPD (Houston Police Department) Homicide Investigator, Phil Waters, who spent 23 years in the HPD Homicide Division offers his commentary regarding Samuel's murder.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- Wednesday, June 9, 2021 - 6:15AM

5-year-old Samuel Olson died by blunt head trauma, autopsy rules

Last edited:
How in the world can you get someone to go to Walmart and buy duct tape and a bin, to wrap a dead baby in? Who does that? :mad::(
Only one reason I can think of.., and I’m sure everyone else is sitting on their hands is thinking it too
And thank you to @txyorkiemom for the detailed explanation of Tx law and procedure! It is making the confusion about custody a bit more credible, but sadly doesn’t explain the choices made when there is another parent ready and willing ?

Last edited:
The following is from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX.

It was on the TV news this morning, 6/9/21.

Please watch the video. Brian Wice, Legal Analyst for KPRC, comments about possible additional charges.

Also, upgraded charges might be coming today per this report.

Snipped:

Legal analyst Brian Wice said more work needs to be done.

“I think right now, without rushing to judgment, I think it’s probably reasonable to assume that at some point, if police and prosecutors are able to literally cross their T’s and dot their I’s, Theresa Balboa could well be facing charges of injury to a child or capital murder,” Wice said.

Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX -- Updated: June 9, 2021 6:54 am

Body found in Jasper motel room positively identified as 5-year-old Samuel Olson, cause of death revealed

Last edited:
The Harris County Sheriffs Office inmate look up lists TB as bond denied on the assault impeding breathing charge.

It says it’s up to date as of 9:47 am today, but I am assuming that’s an error?

https://www.harriscountyso.org/jailinfo/HCSO_FindSomeoneInJail.aspx

On both charges it lists the next court date as 7/29.
———
Pasted below - in red by me:

CHARGES FOUND = 2

INFORMATION ACCURATE AS OF 06/09/2021 - 09:47

NAME BALBOA, THERESA RAYE SPN 02494025 DOB 02/17/1992
JAIL
JA09/4J2 01P BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021
UP DATE OUT DATE

if the up date is the same as the out date, payment of the fine amount is not required to release the inmate from custody on that case.

CASE # 169995001010 BOOKING DATE 06/07/2021
CHARGE ASLT FAM/HOUSE MEM IMPED BRTH/CIRCU
BOND AMT FINE BALANCE DUE
BOND EXC
BOND DENIED

CASE # 172557001010 BOOKING DATE 06/04/2021
CHARGE TAMP W/EVIDENCE - HUMAN CORPSE
BOND AMT 500000.00 FINE BALANCE DUE
BOND EXC

Why do you think is in error? Logical to me as to the new charges...

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-9_10-31-57.png
    upload_2021-6-9_10-31-57.png
    150 KB · Views: 11
Only one reason I can think of.., and I’m sure everyone else is sitting on their hands is thinking it too
And thank you to @txyorkiemom for the detailed explanation of Tx law and procedure! It is making the confusion about custody a bit more credible, but sadly doesn’t explain the choices made when there is another parent ready and willing ?
Yes Thank You, it is a bit different and the visitations of the child and Non Custodial parent once in place is very clear to understand. Standard is the 1st,3rd and 5th weekend of every month for children over the age of 3. A calendar is available on the Texas OAG site as a download and any general image search of say 2021 Texas Custodial Visitation Calendar. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie