TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about what I believe are the facts as I understand them.
I don’t believe the Dallas police or FBI had probable cause and therefore DB was arrested for kidnapping and burglary, not murder.
All conjecture aside, in the 15-16 hours period between the discovery of Cash on Saddleback and the arrest of DB at his home, which would have required a warrant, LE had no compelling evidence for murder on which to base charges presented to a judge. It seems obvious that after a Search at his residence, no clear evidence was discovered, either. There has been a great deal of speculation here, but I think that if videos showed him carrying Cash along the long path from Florina to Saddleback, into the Woods and then dumping him in the middle of the street, or vice versa, there would have been enough to charge murder while the Forensics were carried out.
Likewise if compelling evidence had been discovered at his home.
This explains why he has not been charged other than for kidnapping and burglary and his attorney has not seen any evidence for any of the complaints. The link is an Intro/ Primer to the Criminal Justice process.
How Does a Criminal Case Go Through the Justice System?

I think I might have heard the man who reported the exposing event say something about a brother. I’ll check. He also said something pointed but in couched terms about how he would reach out to parents of the neighborhood kids running amok as he had known them from coaching baseball, as in trying to get the parents attention and get the kids some help, but in the case of DB it was “bigger than that.” I keep wondering - bigger than what?
He seemed genuinely in despair. Not angry, just at his wits end and frustrated.
I’ll get that statement, too, from the community meeting video.
I still don’t think DB did this alone and think there is something and at least one someone very creepy involved.

I’ve been thinking about what I believe are the facts as I understand them.
I don’t believe the Dallas police or FBI had probable cause and therefore DB was arrested for kidnapping and burglary, not murder.
All conjecture aside, in the 15-16 hours period between the discovery of Cash on Saddleback and the arrest of DB at his home, which would have required a warrant, LE had no compelling evidence for murder on which to base charges presented to a judge. It seems obvious that after a Search at his residence, no clear evidence was discovered, either. There has been a great deal of speculation here, but I think that if videos showed him carrying Cash along the long path from Florina to Saddleback, into the Woods and then dumping him in the middle of the street, or vice versa, there would have been enough to charge murder while the Forensics were carried out.
Likewise if compelling evidence had been discovered at his home.
This explains why he has not been charged other than for kidnapping and burglary and his attorney has not seen any evidence for any of the complaints. The link is an Intro/ Primer to the Criminal Justice process.
How Does a Criminal Case Go Through the Justice System?
Expect charges for murder when the autopsy reports are complete. Full reports can take weeks.

jmo

Expect charges for murder when the autopsy reports are complete. Full reports can take weeks.

jmo
An autopsy details the gruesome findings, it does not establish who killed a victim.
The point I am making is that LE- neither Dallas PD or FBI have sufficient evidence, after 26 days, to sustain a murder charge. He is arraigned for kidnapping and burglary. Period.
Or you explain, please, how DB mosied on in, scooped Cash out of bed, sauntered out through an entire rainy neighborhood, carried him out to somewhere around 7500 Saddleback to kill him, cleaned up, changed clothes, strangely seems to have gone to the house of horrors again, left and went someplace or places for 15 hours until he was arrested.
And no evidence was found at his residence to support a murder charge. A charge. They still can’t sustain a charge because they don’t have sufficient evidence to convince a DA.
This kindof mastermind thing just doesn’t seem to fit DB’s profile as painted so far, that of a burglar, flipped out flasher.
Where he was for those 15 hours is probably what a big part of the investigation is about. And someone else and a car or bike or motorcycle involved.
Nobody said there was a trail of blood in the street or sidewalk between the trail and the intersection of Saddleridge and Wood Homestead Drive, did they? How did he get there in the middle os the street?

An autopsy details the gruesome findings, it does not establish who killed a victim.
The point I am making is that LE- neither Dallas PD or FBI have sufficient evidence, after 26 days, to sustain a murder charge. He is arraigned for kidnapping and burglary. Period.
Or you explain, please, how DB mosied on in, scooped Cash out of bed, sauntered out through an entire rainy neighborhood, carried him out to somewhere around 7500 Saddleback to kill him, cleaned up, changed clothes, strangely seems to have gone to the house of horrors again, left and went someplace or places for 15 hours until he was arrested.
And no evidence was found at his residence to support a murder charge. A charge. They still can’t sustain a charge because they don’t have sufficient evidence to convince a DA.
This kindof mastermind thing just doesn’t seem to fit DB’s profile as painted so far, that of a burglar, flipped out flasher.
Where he was for those 15 hours is probably what a big part of the investigation is about. And someone else and a car or bike or motorcycle involved.
Nobody said there was a trail of blood in the street or sidewalk between the trail and the intersection of Saddleridge and Wood Homestead Drive, did they? How did he get there in the middle os the street?

IMHO I feel if LE had sufficient evidence, no matter how many day's it's been, he'd be charged. Taken from the transcript I typed up of the woman LE in the Community Meeting:

And as soon as I get the lab report back there’ll be no doubt who killed him. There’s no 2nd suspect, we don’t know the motive for this, I wish I knew. But there’s no way we can explain such an evil act. As soon as I get those lab test results back we can update (and go?) further.

So I'm guessing they are waiting on the lab results and getting their ducks in a row. They get 1 chance. They don't want to mess it up. JMO And again, I apologize for not catching her name. Light blue shirt and black slacks and took Q&A.

IMHO I feel if LE had sufficient evidence, no matter how many day's it's been, he'd be charged. Taken from the transcript I typed up of the woman LE in the Community Meeting:

And as soon as I get the lab report back there’ll be no doubt who killed him. There’s no 2nd suspect, we don’t know the motive for this, I wish I knew. But there’s no way we can explain such an evil act. As soon as I get those lab test results back we can update (and go?) further.

So I'm guessing they are waiting on the lab results and getting their ducks in a row. They get 1 chance. They don't want to mess it up. JMO And again, I apologize for not catching her name. Light blue shirt and black slacks and took Q&A.

Correct… we hopefully will know more with Forensics. and she is Lt. Wise, works in Child Abuse.
We don’t know who all is or could be under investigation, which if thrown out there by the police would throw off said investigations. And terrify the neighbors.

We don't know everything LE has or don't have at this point. but we do know they have enough to charge him with kidnapping and burglary to hold him until autopsy and all tests come back.

They don't have a clock ticking on pending murder charges.

Correct… we hopefully will know more with Forensics. and she is Lt. Wise, works in Child Abuse.
We don’t know who all is or could be under investigation, which if thrown out there by the police would throw off said investigations. And terrify the neighbors.

THANK YOU! I wrote down her name and title for reference. :p

Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

Evidence submitted to the lab has been returned linking Darriynn Brown to Cash Gernon at the time of his death. Therefore he is also being charged with Capital Murder.

Ho boy. Well, that put that to rest. I wonder if/when they'll let the public know what linked him to the murder? So sad. :(

Ho boy. Well, that put that to rest. I wonder if/when they'll let the public know what linked him to the murder? So sad. :(

I have to think they found his clothes covered in blood. He just didn’t have much time to hide them, I wouldn’t think. Since he was changed and back on camera a couple hours later and the body was found so quickly the police were in the neighborhood.

I have to think they found his clothes covered in blood. He just didn’t have much time to hide them, I wouldn’t think. Since he was changed and back on camera a couple hours later and the body was found so quickly the police were in the neighborhood.

How could he have much time when he went back for Cash's twin?!?!?!?!? Not yelling at you. I'm upset with DB. It's bad enough to do what he did with Cash but to go back for seconds?!?!?! WTF?!?

I hope they’ve covered all the bases and that this goes to trial. I can’t conceive of him being capable of such organization and methodical actions while psychotic; only hours before he was exposing himself- that’s pretty crazy and delusional. Unless maybe he was tweaking, too.
It’s beyond comprehension that he could march through that entire neighborhood unnoticed while carrying that little boy. And why?
Don’t suppose he’ll apologize in a other week or two.
Justice for Cash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members