GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

Thank you, Fred.
In Mollie Tibbets' murder, LEO called upon a professional Spanish Interpreter for interview room interrogations with her killer.

It's not easy to understand how the alleged killer worked for FedEx yet couldn't speak English. Did his job require that he be capable of reading English?

The postal clerk who feared Ortiz due to his lewd remarks, spoken in Spanish, about nasty, mean things he wished he could do to her should make compelling testimony.

She always pretended she did not understand what he was saying although she speaks perfect Spanish. This goes to prove his character; not that he was a killer.

It's going to be a difficult trial for Vanessa's family to endure. I wish them peace and strength.

If the two troopers who testified at the DNA suppression hearing are the best the state police have to offer this case is in serious trouble.
I couldn't agree more, Fred.
Although there is still evidence if the DNA is tossed.... (the cell phone records showing he was there, along with the gas purchase) that evidence doesn't mean he was in contact with her and killed her. Reasonable doubt can be raised.
It will be hard to raise reasonable doubt with his DNA. That will show his hands were on her.
I know it's easy to Monday morning quarterback, however, although the MA. State Police just started using body worn cameras this past March, They could have easily got a Worcester cop to assist them while they made contact with AO and videoed the event. One radio call could have made that happen, not to mention he lived in a "high crime" area of the city and you can't throw a stone without hitting a cruiser. I'm sure Worcester has more than one cop from Puerto Rico.

Thank you, Fred.
In Mollie Tibbets' murder, LEO called upon a professional Spanish Interpreter for interview room interrogations with her killer.

It's not easy to understand how the alleged killer worked for FedEx yet couldn't speak English. Did his job require that he be capable of reading English?

The postal clerk who feared Ortiz due to his lewd remarks, spoken in Spanish, about nasty, mean things he wished he could do to her should make compelling testimony.

She always pretended she did not understand what he was saying although she speaks perfect Spanish. This goes to prove his character; not that he was a killer.

It's going to be a difficult trial for Vanessa's family to endure. I wish them peace and strength.
DeDee, and even though the Spanish Interpreter was from Mexico, and Spanish was her first language, the defense argued he didn't understand her because she was from a different part of Mexico.
AO worked for Fed Ex, through a contractor. He didn't do residential deliveries, but delivered to Post Offices, if I remember right. He didn't need a CDL license. If a job requires a CDL, the test is given in English only.

DeDee, and even though the Spanish Interpreter was from Mexico, and Spanish was her first language, the defense argued he didn't understand her because she was from a different part of Mexico.
AO worked for Fed Ex, through a contractor. He didn't do residential deliveries, but delivered to Post Offices, if I remember right. He didn't need a CDL license. If a job requires a CDL, the test is given in English only.

Thank you, Rocky. Perhaps you should be designated an expert on Vanessa's murder investigation. I recall in 2016+ how well you knew the facts that encompassed the horrendous event.

I hope the Judge rules it was probable AO understood his rights as explained to him.

Tossing crucial evidence such as DNA must meet certain specs that hopefully will be overcome.

Thank you, Rocky. Perhaps you should be designated an expert on Vanessa's murder investigation. I recall in 2016+ how well you knew the facts that encompassed the horrendous event.

I hope the Judge rules it was probable AO understood his rights as explained to him.

Tossing crucial evidence such as DNA must meet certain specs that hopefully will be overcome.
DeDee. I'm not an expert on this case. I just happen to live close by, so perhaps was able to explain certain things due to the location. I know things happen, however, I, like so many others was surprised such a thing could take place like it did in such a peaceful town like Princeton in a Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.
It's hard to believe that almost 5 years has passed since Vanessa was murdered. This coming Saturday, June 12th, the 5th 5K fundraiser will take place, in her honor.

Vanessa T. Marcotte 5K Fundraiser: Princeton Woman’s Legacy Raises Money and Awareness for Female Safety Organizations – Redemption Rock News

DeDee. I'm not an expert on this case. I just happen to live close by, so perhaps was able to explain certain things due to the location. I know things happen, however, I, like so many others was surprised such a thing could take place like it did in such a peaceful town like Princeton in a Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.
It's hard to believe that almost 5 years has passed since Vanessa was murdered. This coming Saturday, June 12th, the 5th 5K fundraiser will take place, in her honor.

Vanessa T. Marcotte 5K Fundraiser: Princeton Woman’s Legacy Raises Money and Awareness for Female Safety Organizations – Redemption Rock News

May you and everyone in the surrounding area be richly blessed. Your words reflect those of a true and humble gentleman.

Our friend, Vanessa Marcotte, would be 35yo today. Somehow, I loved her from day one. She had scored her dream job with Google and was on her way.

May justice be served.

May you and everyone in the surrounding area be richly blessed. Your words reflect those of a true and humble gentleman.

Our friend, Vanessa Marcotte, would be 35yo today. Somehow, I loved her from day one. She had scored her dream job with Google and was on her way.

May justice be served.
Actually, Vanessa's birthday is today, June 17th. She would have been 32 years old.
The 5th annual 5K was held last Saturday. It raised $80,000 from all around the world.

Fifth Annual 5K honors the late Vanessa Marcotte

Thank you Fred.
Interesting. A twist in the Defense from the last hearing.

Quote from the above article....

"The defense lawyer stressed that the investigators not only had to tell Colon-Ortiz signing the form was voluntary but that he also had the right to deny signing it.
The defense acknowledged officers said “completely voluntary,” but didn’t break that down further.
Masferrer said troopers only translated “voluntary” but not that Colon-Ortiz didn’t have to sign and provide consent."

Time will tell, but, imo, this is weak. "Voluntary" means he would be signing on his own free will, meaning he doesn't have to sign.
That's like getting a ticket for rolling through a stop sign, then telling the cop that the sign didn't say you have to stop completely, so the ticket should not be written. If Ortiz didn't understand the cops explanation of "voluntary" it should be up to him to ask the cop to clarify what that means imo.

The DNA evidence makes it clear that Ortiz was scratched by Vanessa during the vicious attack. He poured an accelerant on her precious body so as to burn his DNA evidence off this beautiful lady.

It is a travesty to make the relatives of Vanessa wait until Oct to rule on the DNAs admissibility. They've already waited so long, four years, for Justice for Vanessa Marcotte.

"In his affidavit, Parr said Colon-Ortiz bought $5 worth of gas from the Saveway Convenience store in Rutland shortly after 2:30 p.m. the day Marcotte was slain. The store is located roughly 6 miles away from where her body was discovered in Princeton."
Judge to decide if DNA evidence was improperly obtained from suspect in Vanessa Marcotte killing

The defense said "when police with guns and badges enter your home, it’s difficult or near impossible to submit voluntary consent to authority."

I'm encouraged that the defense is trying "the cops were big and scary I had to do it".

Incredible news! First degree murder life without possibility of parole.

Rock do you think this goes to trial?
Of course we'll have to wait and see, but imo, yes, this will go to trial.
If you asked me this question a year ago, I may have had a different answer, however, I explained to you in the email I sent to you back then the reasons why, which I can't discuss here.

The reason I think this will go to trial is because now that the DNA is admissible as evidence, the case is strong for the Prosecution. AO has no cards to play. No reason to plea bargain outside of the courts being backed up, moving things along quicker. If her body wasn't found, that may be a reason for a plea deal. (IE. Tell us where she is and we'll give you 25 years.) That's not the case.

They have his cell phone at the location and not moving at the exact time she was murdered.
They have the receipt for the 5 dollars worth of gas bought by him about 15 minutes after her phone went dead from the closest gas station to the crime scene.
I don't know this for certain, but I would assume they have him traveling back to the crime scene with the gas via cell phone records.
They have his DNA on her fingernails, so it would be tough to convince a Jury that he was there but stood by and watched his friend kill her, imo.
My guess is they have Character Evidence from Character Witnesses. For example, the woman that worked at the Post Office that listened to AO's foul comments while he was talking on his phone etc.
They have witnesses that described him and his SUV with the hood up at the time of the murder at that location.

So, unless the DA is looking for a sure win to add to the feathers in his cap, I say no plea deal, and yes, this will go to trial.

Thank Rock...excellent info as always. I reread the email and it appears someone made a mistake...Is there anything the defense can focus on? Could the DNA evidence be thrown out on any appeal?

Who are these attorneys that are putting so much effort into arguing that the DNA evidence of a killer was improperly obtained?

Who are these investigators that haven't obtained additional DNA in twenty different proper ways since the argument was made?

Who are these attorneys that are putting so much effort into arguing that the DNA evidence of a killer was improperly obtained?

Who are these investigators that haven't obtained additional DNA in twenty different proper ways since the argument was made?
The issue is that his attorneys claim that he didn't understand that he had a right to refuse a DNA swab.

As he wasn't in the system at the time, a refusal may have been the end of it, and this case may have remained unsolved.

His attorneys are just doing their job, as this evidence is absolutely crucial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back