Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
‎Jensen and Holes: The Murder Squad: Finding Brittanee Drexel on Apple Podcasts
Billy and Paul look into the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. In April 2009, Brittanee went on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina without her mother's permission. After just a few days, she vanished from Ocean Boulevard on April 25th. Tips have poured in throughout the years but Brittanee remains missing.

Finding Brittanee Drexel - Jensen and Holes: The Murder Squad - Omny.fm
Published Apr 26, 2021 4:00 AM

Billy and Paul look into the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. In April 2009, Brittanee went on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina without her mother's permission. After just a few days, she vanished from Ocean Boulevard on April 25th. Tips have poured in throughout the years but Brittanee remains missing.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I just watched this podcast. I learned new information, or maybe it was information I had forgotten. The hosts threw out the idea of someone taking a deep dive into the case, similar to what was done in Kristen Smart’s case.

Thanks Margarita. I'll try to give this a listen tonight or tomorrow.

Hi,

I know Drexel's cell phone was pinged, but did they ever ping either of the Taylor's cells (assuming they had at least one between them)?
It was revealed recently that law enforcement pulled the wrong dates when looking at cell tower information, and by the the time they realized their error the data for the correct dates had been deleted. As a result they were unable to tie other cellular numbers to the locations and movements of BD’s phone.

I was thinking about the girls she went down there with and their poor attitudes with her once they arrived at Myrtle Beach. Did JO and AL know Brittanee lied to her mother about her whereabouts? Just thinking if they didn’t know then found out or figured it out once they got to the beach that may explain at least some of the mean girl stuff that went on between them. Trying to make some sense at to why they would take someone all that way only to make a pariah of them.

I took a film of the Myrtle Beach strip tonight from the Bluewater to the Bar Harbor for anyone who is unfamiliar with the area. With this being a Saturday night it’s pretty similar to what it was like, as far as traffic, on a busy night in 2009. Some of the motels that were here then have now been torn down and replaced with high rises. Many hotels have underground parking. You’ll notice it gets busier the further north you get. (I apologize for my hillbilly accent)

Anything new?
Sadly, it looks like nothing. It seems like they announced Dashaun Taylor and his crew as raping, trafficking and killing her and called it a day. Then the “jailhouse snitch”, which is really an encouraging way to get people to come forward, because who in jail wouldn’t want to be called that, completely changed the names and area of what happened. I think the FBI knows what happened, but there is so much corruption in that general area, that the evidence is not there, and they are afraid to look. I hope that I am wrong.

Sadly, it looks like nothing. It seems like they announced Dashaun Taylor and his crew as raping, trafficking and killing her and called it a day. Then the “jailhouse snitch”, which is really an encouraging way to get people to come forward, because who in jail wouldn’t want to be called that, completely changed the names and area of what happened. I think the FBI knows what happened, but there is so much corruption in that general area, that the evidence is not there, and they are afraid to look. I hope that I am wrong.
I think you are mostly correct. But the perps aren't talking and it has been so long that there just isn't any physical evidence left. I'm afraid that no one will be brought to justice for this horror.

Have we considered that maybe the anonymous post claiming he had seen her and a male back in 2009 could potentially be a POI?
Additionally, what about the possibility … just hear me out…. that, because she was fighting with the girls that night and wanted to go home (and one of the boys checked out of his room later that night)…. Could they have come back up towards ny? Could it be possible that her phone was stolen or thrown out simply because she was tired of the drama and maybe scared of her mom finding out she was gone?
I don’t believe there’s no evidence left. For Christ sakes… we’re still solving 30, 40, 50+ year old homicides.

I think we need to broaden our scope. Possibly ask the media and public for help now?? I haven’t seen anything nationally broadcasted on this recently BUT I am Brittanys age and I know that I, personally, would be much more willing to share details now than I would have been back in high school.
I’m just saying.. this mother has to go through life not knowing what happened to her baby. They just try to explain everything away and blame it on every potential explanation that is feasible for their narrative.

Have we considered that maybe the anonymous post claiming he had seen her and a male back in 2009 could potentially be a POI?
Additionally, what about the possibility … just hear me out…. that, because she was fighting with the girls that night and wanted to go home (and one of the boys checked out of his room later that night)…. Could they have come back up towards ny? Could it be possible that her phone was stolen or thrown out simply because she was tired of the drama and maybe scared of her mom finding out she was gone?
I don’t believe there’s no evidence left. For Christ sakes… we’re still solving 30, 40, 50+ year old homicides.

I think we need to broaden our scope. Possibly ask the media and public for help now?? I haven’t seen anything nationally broadcasted on this recently BUT I am Brittanys age and I know that I, personally, would be much more willing to share details now than I would have been back in high school.
I’m just saying.. this mother has to go through life not knowing what happened to her baby. They just try to explain everything away and blame it on every potential explanation that is feasible for their narrative.

The cell phone pinged off a tower in McClellanville, SC.

We are solving 30, 40, 50 year old crimes because of evidence already in police custody. We are just now able to analyze is properly. In Brttanee's case, that evidence is still out in the wild, in a gator pit or somewhere.

Which post are you referring to? Thanks!

This was discussed on the recent HLN show about Brittanee’s case. It came directly from the one of the primary investigator’s mouth. He claims data was routinely erased after a week or two, and he said it “set the investigation back.” Well, that’s an understatement! It’s an enormous blunder. In a case where the guilty parties had time to destroy most of the physical evidence, the cellular data was critical tangible evidence linking them to BD. We may not even be here discussing this case any longer if they hadn’t screwed that up. That sort of evidence can provide strong leverage against perpetrators and help lead to no-body convictions (just look at the Heather Elvis case; yes I know those weren’t murder convictions but the guilty parties are still serving long stretches in prison). When I heard that, I just about threw my remote through the TV. It’s breathtaking incompetence.

I think this post by QPRfan summarizes it all.

FYI, there was another case few years ago where the guy was convicted without a body. They went with aggravated kidnapping and convicted him for life. GUILTY - TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #6

I wish this girl would get justice some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆