TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem. Who thinks DB is a good boy? He might not be a murderer, Who is bashing the police process? You say "child murderer". I get it - you think just DB murdered Cash. If he did, he will be held responsible. The officer answering questions at that meeting was out of line time after time - a lawyer will expose this. If that's "bashing the police process", fine. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that event. People just firing away questions. Ridiculous. No press conference? For how crazy DB is portrayed by some here, he sure knew how to hide evidence and must be adamantly denying guilt, knew to talk to a lawyer. The officer at the council event - she was going to say what the people wanted to hear and she shouldn't have done it. I saw her hesitate before saying a couple of her statements. She knew better. The crowd wanted her to say "DB killed Cash". Seemed like crowd also wanted to be told that they could "take it into their own hands". LE can't just arrest DB for walking in a neighborhood. The crowd is emotionally invested. <modsnip> Reporters aren't perfect. Media is biased. If LE said DB killed Cash - unequivocally, not at all like the officer at that council meeting - I would still ask questions and hope that someone innocent wasn't being framed. <modsnip> if I don't immediately accept as fact the claim of the Texas Deputy AG's brother whose face was blurred out that DB was "exposing himself" - what does that mean? Would need to hear more than just two words. <modsnip> Is he under oath? Why would I just accept that without considering its validity? What's fact is fact. Speculation is speculation. Can't pick and choose. Obviously I'm behind, catching up. As of now DB hasn't been charged with murder. <modsnip> It's not that I don't want to believe it was DB by himself who killed Cash. I just don't believe it. If he did it himself, the facts will show it. JMO. Justice for CG.
Yes, I agree that you are behind and need catching up. For example, DB was not able to hide the evidence.

Last night he was charged with Capital Murder --- the lab confirmed there was evidence linking DB to Cash at the time of death.

Sounds to me like someone left their fluids on the remains?

The evidence is DNA found on Cash is DB's.
@Gibbo214 Thanks for your response.
No surprise there. Anyone who saw vid of Cash being carried off and who believe the abductor was DB 'S would expect DB's DNA to be found on Cash and/or his clothing.
Maybe I'm missing more detailed info on it.
But certainly a step in the right direction for LE & prosecution, helps to add M-1 charge to the others. I'm glad to learn of it.
The case is building momentum. my2ct

IMO just going to respond to a few things you've mentioned, as I see them.

1. People just firing away questions at this event---- about two weeks before 9/11, I went to a community event in my neighborhood, with Mayor Giuliani and Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik. That meeting was conducted the same way....those of us who wanted to ask questions stood on line at the microphones. It seems to be the usual method of what here is referred to as a Town Hall. In NYC that was common, to address issues in neighborhoods, and that became less common after 9/11.

2. Seemed like the crowd wanted to be told they could take matters into their own hands-- IMO, that is an assumption you are making, and respectfully there is nothing to indicate that. I think it's a big leap, making that inference.

3. Exposing himself and what does that mean, it's only two words---sir, your name says you're a man, IMO two words are enough, we all know what that means. Furthermore, it was someone in the audience who said that DB had exposed himself, not the AG's own account, if I recall correctly.

4. LE can't just arrest someone for walking in a neighborhood---he was arrested because he's on tape lifting Cash out of bed and removing him from his home

5. If you've caught up, you know by now that DB has in fact been charged with murder.

None of this is to bash anyone, just my response and my opinion to several points you've made.

1. This is a specific case. Indeed, looks like a town hall. Never seen a Town Hall for people to ask about a the status of a murder investigation. Show me one.

2. Multiple people in the crowd used the phrase "take into own hands". This entire thread is full of assumptions. I'm assuming nothing. That's the vibe I got from the event. People were asking at what point they can hold a suspect, etc. What can they do, is what they wanted to know.

3. You're assuming I'm a man because of my name. If you're right, I still don't know what that means. I get it what it suggests. What if that man's definition of "exposing oneself" is a person shirtless. Naked? I don't know. And it was the Deputy AG's brother who was speaking. Watch the video.

4. Obviously. That's my point. To me it seemed people just wanted the kid behind bars. My point is: there has to be a reason to arrest someone. DB walking around the neighborhood isn't a crime. So the crowd saying, "what can we do?". He's allowed to walk around the neighborhood.

5. I am caught up re: the murder charge. And call me a conspiracy theorist, but there is more to this case, and I don't think DB was the only person involved. DB played some role.

People post objective speculation and treat it like fact. There's a difference. That's the way it is. Especially in the legal system. So to be clear, now DB has been charged with murder. And even now, that doesn't make him a murderer. Unless you are privy to facts I don't have. Other than what's on the DM footage, not much is known. I also understand that LE isn't perfect. I'll wait for more evidence before asserting DB murdered CG. I have theories. A presser from the DPD would be nice.

Last edited:
I just can't fathom how he didn't show up for respect for Cash and to give comfort to Carter. Yes, I know he was a fugitive who would have been arrested, and maybe he told himself it wouldn't help Carter if he were in jail. But for his own sake, I can't understand it. How could he not want to mourn Cash and be with Carter, even for a few hours? He couldn't be on the run forever; this was a fairly predictable outcome.
He seemed to worried more about his own needs than those of Cash and Carter.

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
<modsnip>
But it has to be more than just 'touch' DNA because we have video that he picked him up out of bed.

For murder they need DNA left behind at the scene of the murder at death---so I am guessing it is bodily fluids he left behind. :(

It could also be DNA from Cash found on DB or DB's clothing. Cash could have DNA under his fingernails, and also DB could have blood splatter on himself or his clothing. Evidence could have been found at DB's residence with little Cash's DNA. Prints could have been found on the murder weapon.

I'm just jumping off your post Katydid, I agree and respect your thoughts, especially having personal knowledge of mental illness by person known to you. What I don't understand is if a person doesn't know murder is wrong, how do they know to deny it? How do they know to sneak in a house when everyone is sleeping so they don't get caught, if they don't know what they are doing is wrong? Either way, prison or mental institution DB if found guilty should never be free to walk the streets again.

How horrible for little Cash. My heart breaks.

@NCTeacher bbm And that one piece of evd would be _____???? TiA

Not sure we can speculate on that--but I would assume, given he was stabbed, it is probably Cash's blood on DB's article(s) of clothing that he was caught on film with.

Someone mentioned DB's bodily fluids found on Cash's body (I get the implication there). That's a possibility, but I'm thinking that one couldn't necessarily confirm that was done at the "time of death." Am I right on this? One couldn't correlate evidence of * that nature* to time of death?

I'm thinking more along the lines of evidence of Cash's death (blood) found on the perpetrator (himself or his clothing).

I do think we will find out soon, though. When the father of my avatar, little Cooper Harris, was arraigned in July 2012, that hearing was littered with bombshell after bombshell, after bombshell, after bombshell. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor at least five times.

Last edited:
His DNA was found on the child's body and some are still defending him.It's a strange and scary world.Justice for Cash!

Do you have a link stating that DB's DNA was found on Cash's body? I have not seen that stated anywhere but here and it's not for lack of trying to find it. Everything I'm seeing simply says things like "police said evidence submitted to the lab has been returned linking Darriynn Brown to Cash at the time of his death."

Nowhere there does it say DB's DNA was ON Cash, nor does it say Cash's DNA was found on DB's clothing. I'm thinking it's the latter and not the former. My source:

Suspect charged with capital murder of 4-year-old Cash Gernon | wfaa.com

1. This is a specific case. Indeed, looks like a town hall. Never seen a Town Hall
for people to ask about a the status of a murder investigation. Show me one.

2. Multiple people in the crowd used the phrase "take into own hands". This entire thread is full of assumptions. I'm assuming nothing. That's the vibe I got from the event. People were asking at what point they can hold a suspect, etc. What can they do, is what they wanted to know.

3. You're assuming I'm a man because of my name. If you're right, I still don't know what that means. I get it what it suggests. Could mean one of many things. What if that man's definition of "exposing oneself" is a person shirtless. I don't know. And it was the Deputy AG's brother who was speaking. Watch the video.

4. Obviously. That's my point. To me it seemed people just wanted the kid behind bars. My point is: there has to be a reason to arrest someone. DB walking around the neighborhood isn't a crime. So the crowd saying, "what can we do?". He's allowed to walk around the neighborhood.

5. I am caught up re: the murder charge. And call me a conspiracy theorist, but there is more to this case, and I don't think DB was the only person involved. DB certainly played some role.

People wanted answers. This young man was known to be walking around the neighborhood
AND
opening gates, walking into yards, everyone had seen the DM video by then, and they were angry, bc they had reported him many times, worried, bc they didn’t know if there was an accomplice, frustrated at the lack of timely progress.
This is Texas. When a guy “exposes himself” around here, it does not mean he takes his shirt off to flex his pecs. Or show off tats. It means what we all think it means: he exposes his genitals out in public. Never mind it’s skanky, if I saw that, I’d be scared. I’ve seen one or two in my life, but not on a stranger in public!
So I understand your frustration with the officer answering questions. So what? As long as the juror did not hear, see or read about the disclosures, they won’t matter.

People wanted answers. This young man was known to be walking around the neighborhood
AND
opening gates, walking into yards, everyone had seen the DM video by then, and they were angry, bc they had reported him many times, worried, bc they didn’t know if there was an accomplice, frustrated at the lack of timely progress.
This is Texas. When a guy “exposes himself” around here, it does not mean he takes his shirt off to flex his pecs. Or show off tats. It means what we all think it means: he exposes his genitals out in public. Never mind it’s skanky, if I saw that, I’d be scared. I’ve seen one or two in my life, but not on a stranger in public!
So I understand your frustration with the officer answering questions. So what? As long as the juror did not hear, see or read about the disclosures, they won’t matter.

I agree about "exposing himself," and it's not just a Texas thing. Even the online dictionaries uniformly define it this way, either using "genitals," "sexual organs," or "private parts." I'm pretty sure this a moot point; everyone knows (even if they don't want to admit it) what this means.

I agree about "exposing himself," and it's not just a Texas thing. Even the online dictionaries uniformly define it this way, either using "genitals," "sexual organs," or "private parts." I'm pretty sure this a moot point; everyone knows (even if they don't want to admit it) what this means.
I dont think anyone misunderstood that or denied that it may have happened. Did the police attend this incident?

I've lived all my life in NYC, and it means the same here. And doubtless, everywhere in the United States. I sincerely doubt that anyone would complain to the police about a man exposing himself by being "shirtless." Let's be real.

@Midwestmom2019, I'm glad you haven't had this experience! I'm an old grandma now, but this has happened to me many times! It's quite alarming.

I dont think anyone misunderstood that or denied that it may have happened. Did the police attend this incident?

Someone did suggest that "exposing himself" could be that he had his shirt off. That's why we are discussing the definition of that phrase. We are not discussing whether he did it or not.

The police attending is really an irrelevant question to ask me, as I was not discussing the consequences of his actions, what should have been done by the police, etc. Moreover, it doesn't change the definition of the offense.

<modsnip>
But it has to be more than just 'touch' DNA because we have video that he picked him up out of bed.

For murder they need DNA left behind at the scene of the murder at death---so I am guessing it is bodily fluids he left behind. :(
my stomach is turning. i thought this was likely, but i wanted one less indignity for this poor baby.

Hoping they add child endangerment/abandonment to that list soon.
Absolutely agree.
Oh thank heavens!!!!!!! This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone. NOOOWWWWW can we stop accusing other people and focus on the baby murderer?
I don’t remember who else “we” have accused.
I do recall some speculation that others could be involved in response to a bizarre and disturbing cast of character and murky scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong