Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tedious Detail Warning
@Error505 sbm bbm Okay, if we're discussing (possible) remains placement on Longhorn Dr. or area, I'll start a timeline w well-related permit & documents* but welcome corrections & comments. ATM I have no conclusions about well & this.

Questions
:
1. When could anyone have worked inconspicuously at Longhorn site or close to where multiple LE conducted searches on/close to Longhorn?
2. Normally, other than the well driller co.'s activity in actually drilling, does a county, water dist, or state official inspect the well/well site? If so, when?
3. Is there any correlation btwn dates in red and dates of other significant actions in case, such as LE interviews, travel to Indiana, elsewhere? BM & travel?
4. ___???

Timeline
Date............Event..................................................... Source.
Ju.25,2020...BM buys Longhorn Dr. prop............Spcl. Wrnty Deed
July 9 ........BM signs App for well permit ...........Water Well Permit App.form...
July 14........ Augmentatn Application ....................... Augmentatn Application form
July 14.........Ark.RiverWaterDist Bd. grants...............Augmentation Certificate
July 21........ ^ Approval given by Engr
July 23 ........ ^stamped recvd by CO DNR
Sept.17.....CO.DNR signs permit/auth. for well....CO DNR form
Oct 10...........<<created date, digital original file.
Dec. 2 2020.. well completion.............................. driller co. report re the well.
Jan 17, 2021.....date driller signed report.................... per ^ form GWS-31
Jan 28................stamped Recvd by CO Water Resources
Ap 22.........BM sells Longhorn Dr. prop.

Does this prove BM paid to drill the well? Does the documentation identify the driller?

If fragments, teeth, ashes were found, I would think an arrest would have happened sooner...But, maybe not with a DA that had never tried a murder case before if she wasn’t on board. LE has not called this a “no body” case, but DA Stanley did say her body has not been found.
@ 4:20 MOO
They say her BODY has not been found. IMO her body means whole and intact. They do not say we have No evidence of some human remains. I think they have enough evidence to warrant arresting BM on first degree murder after deliberation and the other 4 counts we are all familiar with.

Small price to pay if he got away with hiding her body in that well. When she is found, it is truly all over for this perp. JMO
4-6 in casing was likely used to case the well, so if he hid anything down it, we are talking arms n legs not a torso IMO if he put anything down the well before the pump was set MOO is parts and pieces would have clogged the pump and been found right away, not to mention yucky smell coming from the water. After the pump was set it would be very hard if not impossible to stuff body parts down the well. I could not find what size hole was drilled for the well or size of casing, basing my opinion on normal residential water well drilling info in my part of Texas.
Anatomy of a Well – C&J Well Co.

Last edited:
Well on Longhorn Prop?
Excellent work.
1. Does this prove BM paid to drill the well? 2. Does the documentation identify the driller?
@IRBHTX
1. Proof? Not meaning to be a smart aleck, but answering in a narrow literal sense;), I doubt it was drilled for free. Presumably someone paid & imo likely BM. Based on all the doc's I saw online, I'm confident there is a well on the prop.
2. Yes, the doc's online identify name of driller company. I see my link does not seem to work. The CO state db of water well permits allow access to images of these various doc's. I saw the driller co name earlier this evening, but ATM, my searches do not work. Arrrg.

Well Permits dwr.state.co.us/Tools/WellPermits
Can search by permit number which I scribbled as 84716-F (like in post by @Error505)
or new owner name, which I recall is Kent Townsend -- on permit transfer --
(but IDK if county assessor/tax listing shows his name).

Pls feel free to try, and I hope your luck is better than mine now.

Last edited:
Well Casing Size?
4-6 in casing was likely used to case the well, so if he hid anything down it, we are talking arms n legs not a torso IMO if he put anything down the well before the pump was set MOO is parts and pieces would have clogged the pump and been found right away, not to mention yucky smell coming from the water. After the pump was set it would be very hard if not impossible to stuff body parts down the well. I could not find what size hole was drilled for the well or size of casing, basing my opinion on normal residential water well drilling info in my part of Texas.
Anatomy of a Well – C&J Well Co.
@Hatch Thx for your input here. Agree.
The basis for my opinion is also the same as yours, residential water well drilling, also in TX.
I saw the driller's report filed w CO state agency and noted it included tech specs, like casing size, but do not recall the size.

As my post just above said, I can't access the CO database right now. If you have the time, check my prior post and give it a try. my2ct.

Well on Longhorn Prop?
@IRBHTX
1. Proof? Not meaning to be a smart aleck, but answering in a narrow literal sense;), I doubt it was drilled for free. Presumably someone paid & imo likely BM. Based on all the doc's I saw online, I'm confident there is a well on the prop.
2. Yes, the doc's online identify name of driller company. I see my link does not seem to work. The CO state db of water well permits allow access to images of these various doc's. I saw the driller co name earlier this evening, but ATM, my searches do not work. Arrrg.

Well Permits
Can search by permit number which I scribbled as 84716-F (like in post by @Error505)

I recall seeing that name (Townsend) as one of the principals in the Longhorn Ranch development. The Colorado Secretary of State business search function is currently out of service, so I can’t recheck the precise name of the organization.

Well Casing Size?
@Hatch Thx for your input here. Agree.
The basis for my opinion is also the same as yours, residential water well drilling, also in TX.
I saw the driller's report filed w CO state agency and noted it included tech specs, like casing size, but do not recall the size.

As my post just above said, I can't access the CO database right now. If you have the time, check my prior post and give it a try. my2ct.
Not easy to put anything very big down a drilled hole, not mentioning the driller is responsible for that well until completion. Their reputation is on the line.That property being out in the open view I would think BM could not have easily placed anything in it. However I have heard of chlorinating a well so that leads us down another rabbit hole to think about. And sometimes they do pull the pump to do the chlorination, so BM might of had a window of opportunity to put something down hole and the chlorination behind it. IMO not likely but with BM who knows he is a web weaver for sure.

They say her BODY has not been found. IMO her body means whole and intact. They do not say we have No evidence of some human remains. I think they have enough evidence to warrant arresting BM on first degree murder after deliberation and the other 4 counts we are all familiar with.

ITA. I believe LE has physical evidence indicating SM isn't (can't be) alive.

Late night pondering:
Going back to the AA and concern for the “victims”; could BM’s daughters have said something early on that tweaked LE’s interest?
Note: NOT SLEUTHING DAUGHTERS
We do not know what time SM’s daughters returned to Puma Path on Mother’s Day 2021. Was it before or after BM’s return? What is certain is that the daughters were questioned immediately by LE upon their return. When did they last see their mother? When did they last talk, orally, to their mother? When did they leave for their camping trip?
Did they say anything that conflicted with BM’s statement? Could the AA shock the daughters into realizing that they may have been the ones who, (inadvertently), turned LE’s sights onto their Dad?
I’m sure both daughters dearly love both their mother and father. Imagine learning that something you said early on may have implicated your father in your mother’s death?
Think about it: you arrive home after being away for several days. You are frantic because your Mom is missing. You tell LE anything they want to know without any filter just because you want your Mom found. It’s almost like a dying declaration. You just say what you know to be true.
Can you imagine the pit in your stomach if you suddenly realize you just screwed your Dad?
Does this equate to concern for victims?

Great point. Or what if that fun camping trip dad planned for you becomes obvious that they were just a pawn in his scheme and he was using them to discover that SM was missing.

I believe it was not his lot where they dug. But it was a lot in the essentially undeveloped subdivision. I believe that is an incorrect statement by Daily Mail.
Yes, the dig site where the LE dogs hit was on a different lot, but near Barry's lot. LE explained they had to wait 24 hours to get a warrant because they needed to get in touch with the owner. Imo

Since we know that Barry was setting up trail cams when the volunteer searchers were out and about looking for his wife, it seems odd that the house security system was never enabled ?
If the house came with the system available, it's strange to not take advantage of it.
Although the source for that information has not been confirmed by LE and so it's a theory as of now.
Imo.

There are a few posts on Thread #24 discussing the house security system and whether or not it was actively working or if it was disabled or broken. Did it connect to wifi? IF a home security system that connects to wifi is disabled by unplugging it, does that mean it's totally disabled?

Interesting about the trail cams. Why would he need those if the security system still worked.

JMO

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.

What if he dug a hole, but damaged the BobCat like you said, and couldn't use it until he fixed it. He fixed it Saturday at 1 or 2 or 3 p.m. He realized he couldn't go back to the spot where he'd dug the hole because gps would track him there so he scrapped that place. He went shopping in Salida for chlorine Saturday afternoon. What time was that? 4 p.m. maybe? Then he went home. Was Suzanne texting with her bbf? Did that set him off? He never left the house again until 5 a.m. Mother's Day, but I think it was 4 a.m. because Morgan said he was texting her.

She's buried somewhere on that property.

JMO

What if he dug a hole, but damaged the BobCat like you said, and couldn't use it until he fixed it. He fixed it Saturday at 1 or 2 or 3 p.m. He realized he couldn't go back to the spot where he'd dug the hole because gps would track him there so he scrapped that place. He went shopping in Salida for chlorine Saturday afternoon. What time was that? 4 p.m. maybe? Then he went home. Was Suzanne texting with her bbf? Did that set him off? He never left the house again until 5 a.m. Mother's Day, but I think it was 4 a.m. because Morgan said he was texting her.

JMO
I wonder if LE asked MG if he damaged he bobcat when she was working with him. If so, that answer could pinpoint why he had something that needed repair and if not...well...then it is definitely curious.

If BM was using the bobcat with an auger attachment, the most probable way he would damage the mounting plate would be if he hit a big rock while drilling at full throttle, and at that, there is a shear pin that is meant to break to prevent damage to the (very expensive) hydraulic motor and the auger bit. He could have bent the plate if he was using the end of the auger to tamp down the dirt in a filled hole. The assembly is not really designed to take that type of repeated vertical shock loading as you don't do that with a tree or fence post in the hole. I blame growing up on a farm for that knowledge... It was my job to fix what my father and brother broke.

There are a few posts on Thread #24 discussing the house security system and whether or not it was actively working or if it was disabled or broken. Did it connect to wifi? IF a home security system that connects to wifi is disabled by unplugging it, does that mean it's totally disabled?

Interesting about the trail cams. Why would he need those if the security system still worked.

JMO
I think the trail cams were set up to make sure the searchers did not enter his property so they were probably further into the woods.

We don't know for sure if the security cameras were connected to wifi but I would think if he unplugged it or disconnected the wifi, they would not work. It might also explain why the communication between Suzanne and her friend suddenly ceased. Imo

Great observations upthread about the well and casing. We had 5 wells on the farm, three were made with the old Bucyrus Erie "pounder" rigs and two with the Schramm rotary drill rigs. Cows drink about 30-35 gallons of water a day. The rotary drills run from a 3-4" test hole bit up to some really large diameter "rat hole" rigs. The well theory seems to me to be a little too complex as even tossing wood chipper shredded remains down the casing would clog any submersible pump and as previously noted, some really nasty water which would result in the pump being pulled to find out why and the jig would be up for BM.

JMO
Did we establish the Bobcat was equipped with GPS or are you referring to his phone? Which he may or may not have had with him.
Pondering because we own a Bobcat and it is not equipped with GPS.

Well on Longhorn Prop?
@IRBHTX

Well Permits dwr.state.co.us/Tools/WellPermits

So....BM lost $15,000 when he sold the lot back for that much less than he paid. And he lost approx. an additional $10,000 for improving the property with a well. By April, he was looking to get out of Dodge at any cost. I know I'm being obvious here but follow the $$$.

Did we establish the Bobcat was equipped with GPS or are you referring to his phone? Which he may or may not have had with him.
Pondering because we own a Bobcat and it is not equipped with GPS.

I was referring to his truck. He could have 'borrowed' somebody else's truck to tow his BobCat to dig a grave. Nothing he's done would surprise me in the least.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member