TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get some people thinking that just the word of the members of the S household saying the man in the video is DM isn't enough for them to believe it is DM. I get that. But that is not what is happening here in this case. His charges are not the result of two people who the general public doesn't care for saying "that's the guy"

This idea that experienced LEOs and investigators trained in technology and video forensics haven't watched the video of the abduction, cleaned it up to remove more of the graininess, and ALSO feel confident that the abductor is indeed DM, quite literally confounds me.

A frame job would have to include not only the people who first gave police DM's name, but would thereafter have to include police officers, investigators, states attorneys/prosecutors, etc. ALL of whom have presumably seen the video (probably a much better quality one than the one we public have) and have moved forward with laying the charges they have.

o_O
Bumping your post for those in the back. I’m getting such Chris’s Watts vibes from this thread and it’s giving me ptsd.

ADMIN NOTE:

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that LE has been less than professional in their approach to this case or their investigation of it, so please move on from that particular argument. It's fine for members to have a different opinion, but when stating/arguing/debating an opinion over and over again derails or disrupts the thread, it's time to move on. IF something crops up in MSM that indicates LE has been negligent, incompetent, untrustworthy, etc in this particular case, we can review it then. Until then, such unfounded generalizations are off limits and not up for further discussion.

On another note from yesterday, the accused has not been diagnosed as having schizophrenia and members are not qualified to do so. Is it possible? Yes. Is it known fact on which so speculate? NO.

Also, we all know what exposing is. Argument or anecdotes about personal experiences with exposing are not related to this case.

Thank you so much. I truly get it now. I understand.

To clarify, If DB was having a truly psychotic episode, like for example, he was watching Cash in bed asleep, and DB was saying to his voices 'OMG, it's my baby brother Leo, I thought he died years ago, I can't believe we found him' ...

so he snatches him up and runs outside and calls his mother and says , Mom, I found Leo, I can't believe it, I am bringing him home.."

And his mother screams' NO, you couldn't have found him honey, he is buried in the family plot, please don't tell me you have Leo...'

Confused and distraught. DB then kills the child because he believes he is an imposter possibly a devil or evil spirit of his dead brother...

OKAY, that ^^ is psychosis and he might be said to be compelled ands tricked by his mind to do a horrid thing...I would vote to put him in a mental hospital instead of a prison...

But that is not what DB was doing on that video. DB was taking the child because he wanted to and he knew what he was doing at the time. JMO

Thank you so much. I truly get it now. I understand.
I have a deeper understanding now too, thanks to people sharing facts and experiences about mental health issues that may be related to the case (to be determined).

It's not insignificant to me that this arrest comes months after his 18th birthday. Previous criminal encounters wouldn't necessarily be made known to the public, but this one is. He's been escalating, imo.

jmo

An autopsy details the gruesome findings, it does not establish who killed a victim.
The point I am making is that LE- neither Dallas PD or FBI have sufficient evidence, after 26 days, to sustain a murder charge. He is arraigned for kidnapping and burglary. Period.
Or you explain, please, how DB mosied on in, scooped Cash out of bed, sauntered out through an entire rainy neighborhood, carried him out to somewhere around 7500 Saddleback to kill him, cleaned up, changed clothes, strangely seems to have gone to the house of horrors again, left and went someplace or places for 15 hours until he was arrested.
And no evidence was found at his residence to support a murder charge. A charge. They still can’t sustain a charge because they don’t have sufficient evidence to convince a DA.
This kindof mastermind thing just doesn’t seem to fit DB’s profile as painted so far, that of a burglar, flipped out flasher.
Where he was for those 15 hours is probably what a big part of the investigation is about. And someone else and a car or bike or motorcycle involved.
Nobody said there was a trail of blood in the street or sidewalk between the trail and the intersection of Saddleridge and Wood Homestead Drive, did they? How did he get there in the middle os the street?

Once they’ve arrested him for burglary and kidnapping, there’s no point in arresting him for murder until they’ve assembled every bit of evidence they can put together. That can take quite a while.

Blood of Cash Gernon found on Darriynn Brown's clothing, DPD says | wfaa.com

According to an arrest warrant, investigators searched Brown's room after Gernon was found dead. They collected an Adidas zipper hoodie, a pair of shoes, and a pair of dark-colored sunglasses and sent the items to the lab.

Police documents state that all three items tested positive for Gernon's blood.

According to an arrest warrant, investigators searched Brown's room after Gernon was found dead. They collected an Adidas zipper hoodie, a pair of shoes, and a pair of dark-colored sunglasses and sent the items to the lab.

That is exactly what some WSers have been speculating since the arrest, Cash's blood on DB clothes.

I'm sure even more evidence is yet to come, but that was enough for the arrest.

WTG LE and WTG WSers.

jmo

"For two days, I've been trying to obtain the warrant accusing Darriyn Brown of capital murder. Just now I finally obtained it. I've screenshoted the important portions linking Brown to the homicide of Cash Gernon. #CashGernon

Obtaining warrants is an on-going issue. The only entity that is legally required in the state of Texas under the Code of Criminal Procedure to release an arrest warrant is the clerk's office. However, police departments routinely do not return warrants to the proper location.

There needs to be a better system than this one. I cannot tell you how many phone calls and emails I had to make to get this warrant. This is a court document and police agencies need to do better to ensure that documents are return to the courts as required by the LAW."

Tanya Eiserer
@tanyaeiserer

@wfaa
investigative reporter. Veteran police and criminal justice journalist.

https://twitter.com/tanyaeiserer/status/1403400740878569477/photo/1 (Click to see warrent snippet)

I still can’t shake the thought that DB did not commit this crime alone.... but nobody has come forward with footage of him carrying cash from the home and dropping him 8 blocks away in the middle of the street!?
@Miigo sbm Interesting point re lack of footage being made public.

Is it possible a neighbor w vid provided to LE & has remained silent about it?
Not saying I'm convinced that happened but think it would help bolster homicide at trial. No reason for LE to publicly disclose imo. my2ct.

I know three diagnosed schizophrenics and not one of them have murdered anyone. They are at more harm to themselves, than others.
Three is a pretty small sample size. :rolleyes:

A small percentage is arrested for violent and/or criminal actions. Just like any large group of people, a certain percentage is going to commit crimes.

If a patient is following their treatment and managing their meds and working their programs, their likelihood of committing a crime is very low. But if a patient is cycling in and out of manic or severe depressive states, then that likelihood greatly increases. Especially when one is actively hearing voices and having hallucinations.

JMO

Last edited:

This is what I’ve been waiting to see!! We all could tell from the video that he changed shoes, and ditched the hoodie, backpack and sunglasses, so I’m glad they found them.

ADMIN NOTE:

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that LE has been less than professional in their approach to this case or their investigation of it, so please move on from that particular argument. It's fine for members to have a different opinion, but when stating/arguing/debating an opinion over and over again derails or disrupts the thread, it's time to move on. IF something crops up in MSM that indicates LE has been negligent, incompetent, untrustworthy, etc in this particular case, we can review it then. Until then, such unfounded generalizations are off limits and not up for further discussion.

On another note from yesterday, the accused has not been diagnosed as having schizophrenia and members are not qualified to do so. Is it possible? Yes. Is it known fact on which so speculate? NO.

Also, we all know what exposing is. Argument or anecdotes about personal experiences with exposing are not related to this case.
I understand what you are saying---no one can diagnose DB with any specific maladies.

The reason it is being discussed though is because of the video in Cash's bedroom. He appears to be carrying on a conversation with someone, either someone off camera, or w/ tiny invisible headphones, or he was talking to himself. It appeared to some of us that he was listening to and speaking to imaginary voices.

But I totally understand if you want us to stop speculating that he may have mental health issues.

But I totally understand if you want us to stop speculating that he may have mental health issues.
<rsbm>

I addressed an ongoing discussion about schizophrenia, not mental health in general. Many people have schizophrenia and do not commit crimes, while others who do not have schizophrenia commit crimes.

It has been stated in MSM that his mother claims he is undergoing "mental health treatment", so speculating that mental health may play a role is fine. However, lots of people attend for mental health treatment for a variety of disorders (bipolar, borderline, major depressive disorder, anxiety, eating disorders, OCD, PTSD, etc). To discuss mental health in general is fine, but to argue for or against schizophrenia or any other specific mental health issue is inappropriate when we don't know the actual condition he was seeking treatment for.

"Brown’s lawyer, Heath Harris, said he doesn’t believe Brown is competent to help in his own defense. Harris said Friday he was preparing court filings to seek a mental health evaluation for Brown.

Harris pointed to previous calls this year about Brown that showed observers were concerned about his mental state.

'This kid should have already been properly diagnosed, treated and maybe this whole tragic incident could have been avoided,' Harris said."

Cash Gernon’s blood found on items belonging to man charged with killing the 4 year old, police say

"Brown’s lawyer, Heath Harris, said he doesn’t believe Brown is competent to help in his own defense. Harris said Friday he was preparing court filings to seek a mental health evaluation for Brown.

Harris pointed to previous calls this year about Brown that showed observers were concerned about his mental state.

'This kid should have already been properly diagnosed, treated and maybe this whole tragic incident could have been avoided,' Harris said."

Cash Gernon’s blood found on items belonging to man charged with killing the 4 year old, police say
Here we go...:confused:...they are trying to say he cannot stand trial because he cannot understand the legality and protocol...

Here we go...:confused:...they are trying to say he cannot stand trial because he cannot understand the legality and protocol...
Yes, the case will continue to follow a routine, a path that many recognize and expected the case to take. There are procedures in place to handle this move, as many WSers know, and the procedures are usually sloooow.

jmo

Not-DB-in-the-Video?
The person in the abduction videos has DB's FACIAL features, DB's body type, DB's hair length, DB's shoes,...But I really don't understand... Why is it so hard to believe that is DB on video?....
@HaikuMommy bbm sbm Just jumping off your post to act as devil's advocate on bbm point.

Is it possible some here agree - the vid itself appears to show DB abducting Cash, but person in vid -
- could be DB's twin, brother, or cousin? (speculating these ppl exist)
- could be a rando doppelganger? (w other known facts, darned unlikely)

Just considering possibilities about how other posters may see the vid in context. Not personally convinced on any of them. My2ct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123