Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
IMO, BM is so arrogant he thought that he was going to control the narrative every step of the way and everything he said/told LE would be believed. He never thought his story/timeline would be checked so thoroughly with a fine tooth comb, thought he could outsmart everyone including LE, Suzanne would quickly be forgotten and he would get away with it.

BM may be an expert hunter and tracker, too bad his arrogance and stupidity got in the way of him covering his own tracks. That is, too bad for him, but good for LE/DA and most importantly, justice for Suzanne.

IMO, no matter which strategy his defense team goes with, LE has evidence that proves BM is NOT a victim, that Suzanne IS the victim of his heinous, heartless crime.
IMO, their daughters and Suzanne’s siblings are traumatized victims via collateral damage of their beautiful, loving Mother and Sister be taken from them and disposed of in a cold, callous, heartless manner by their own Father and BIL.

My plea to BM- spare your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings the agony of a trial, just come clean and tell everyone where Suzanne’s remains are if for no other reason than to give your daughters and Suzanne’s siblings some semblance of peace and opportunity to lay her to rest properly with the dignity and respect she deserves.
Unrealistic? Probably, but hey, a girl can dream.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Thank you, Very well said! Agree with all of it! Yes, the victim is SM, children and brothers & sister are collateral victims with a lifetime of enduring life without Suzanne’s presence. This is all Barry’s doings! He doesn’t give 2 squats about anyone but himself. He could have never done this and faced his daughters if he loved them. Unimaginable! MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of financial trail do you suspect would add up to premeditation? You aren’t suggesting he hired someone or are you? I more think they will use the low threshold that he could have stopped. I think there are too many reasonable answers to the move to Colorado and the subsequent actions after Suzanne went missing but that is just my thoughts in bouncing off potential prosecutor line and potential defense rebuttal.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that BM hired someone to murder SM. IMO, BM might have had financial problems that SM didn't know about and would not have been happy about. I think BM's financial problems might have been coming to a head when SM disappeared/was murdered.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
I believe that you are allowed to paraphrase the salient content of the article if you provide the link.
Just put it in your own words ... do not copy/paste any of it (other than what the unsubscribed public can see of it), because that creates a copyright breach.

We are allowed to do that on other threads, as per the mods.

Suzanne Morphew's older sister shares her story

I notice that the article has a little bit at the beginning of the article that the unsubscribed public can see.
Thanks! I thought so, but wasn’t quite sure!

So, her sister basically tells the story of them growing up (same as she shared on CM’s channel) and when Suzanne married Barry. She says that both she and Suzanne married equally controlling men. Suzanne was viewed by Barry as a possession, a trophy.

Both of the sisters were committed to their marriages, but unhappy for years. They mistook control for love. The Morphew’s were under great financial stress.

She praises John Spezze and how he has handled this case from the beginning. The last text message she received from Suzanne shared the struggles she was having with Barry and that message is only for a court of law now.

She wanted to share Suzanne’s story with other women who may be in a similar situation. Melinda was able to get out of her marriage, but Suzanne didn’t make it out of hers alive.

This is truly heartbreaking, IMO. I pray for Suzanne’s family and hope they will receive justice for their sister.

Not advocating for 2nd degree, just attempting to explain CO law. I have no doubts he should and will be convicted of 1st degree murder.
It only has to be IIRC enough time to put into planning that a person could change course.
But to charge first in a no body case, MOO they must have found persuasive evidence of planning.

I think they might have found it when searching and checked to see if it was registered in Colorado. When it wasn’t they just added it to the list of charges.
Found it while searching where and when?

IMO, in a murder case, nothing is added unless it relates to the murder charge and motive.

JMO, MOO

So, her sister basically tells the story of them growing up (same as she shared on CM’s channel) and when Suzanne married Barry. She says that both she and Suzanne married equally controlling men. Suzanne was viewed by Barry as a possession, a trophy.

Both of the sisters were committed to their marriages, but unhappy for years. They mistook control for love. The Morphew’s were under great financial stress.

She praises John Spezze and how he has handled this case from the beginning. The last text message she received from Suzanne shared the struggles she was having with Barry and that message is only for a court of law now.

She wanted to share Suzanne’s story with other women who may be in a similar situation. Melinda was able to get out of her marriage, but Suzanne didn’t make it out of hers alive.

This is truly heartbreaking, IMO. I pray for Suzanne’s family and hope they will receive justice for their sister.

Thank you for this summary.
The bolded section is what many of us have suspected from the beginning, but it's still hard to hear it. Heartbreaking indeed.

Thank you for sharing this synopsis. That email to Melinda is going to be important at trial. MOO

Found it while searching where and when?

IMO, in a murder case, nothing is added unless it relates to the murder charge and motive.

JMO, MOO

I think the previous post was about the "deliberation" charge. It was added to the murder charge. It says it's first degree murder and there was some degree of forethought.

In most states, it doesn't have to be very long (the length of the forethought).

There are tons of ways that evidence could show it.

I think the previous post was about the "deliberation" charge. It was added to the murder charge. It says it's first degree murder and there was some degree of forethought.

In most states, it doesn't have to be very long (the length of the forethought).

There are tons of ways that evidence could show it.
We might have misunderstood each other, I was referring to count 4, the illegal gun charge and it's dates.

What kind of financial trail do you suspect would add up to premeditation? You aren’t suggesting he hired someone or are you? I more think they will use the low threshold that he could have stopped. I think there are too many reasonable answers to the move to Colorado and the subsequent actions after Suzanne went missing but that is just my thoughts in bouncing off potential prosecutor line and potential defense rebuttal.
NO, Absolutely Not! I think BM was going to find himself single and didn’t want to end up with only half the marital assets or less. I’ve never thought for one minute he hired someone, he’s a cheapskate! I have no problem seeing BM as a murderer. He’d do it himself since he’s the one who wanted her dead! We can see when the AA comes out or at trial. He’s a cold blooded killer in my eyes MOO

Thank you for sharing this synopsis. That email to Melinda is going to be important at trial. MOO
I agree. I think that text message, along with her conversation that ended abruptly with her friend (wedding planning) will be very damning for Barry. I think she expressed her unhappiness and possibly her decision to leave the marriage.
How I wish Suzanne could’ve gotten away from there safely.
May justice come soon for dear Suzanne.

Thank you for this summary @Gigi3 It hopefully is a message that will reach other women. I know her brothers have shared the same hope. We have to reach out to friends or family that are in this struggle before it’s too late. We’re always worried about being told to mind our own business, but you never know when you might be saving a life. What a senseless, cruel, heartless betrayal Barry Morphew! I hope Suzanne wasn’t aware or didn’t see him coming for her. I can’t imagine her sheer terror! Justice will happen for you Suzanne! ❤️MOO

I haven’t commented on this case in awhile. This one disturbs me.

Mostly because I don’t think this was a crime of passion.

BM is diabolical. This was carefully planned, and I’m hoping LE has enough to bring justice to Suzanne.

I hope Melinda isn't tugging on Superman's cape by drawing parallels between her ex and BM.

My daughter did not marry her former bf who was classified as a sociopath by their counselor ( behind his back.) If she were to openly tell the world that info, I would fear for her life.

I understand Melinda loves Suzanne, but she
must be careful ( IMO) if her ex is still on this Earth.

I love Melinda's heart, but fear for her safety.

Justice is on its way, Suzanne.
IMO

Yes, IIRC, when LE had the house under a search warrant there were people (LE) photographed coming to and from with what appeared like bagged evidence. I think they removed a considerable amount of potential evidence from the home and maybe some from the property as well.

Pics in below article.
Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Many of you have pointed out that specific date range. It's hard to ignore the end date matching the reported sale of the PP home. That is interesting.

Right now, I'm thinking he owned a weapon that was not legal in CO and they recovered it during another search and charged him with it. Like they would have anything else that was illegal to have. He probably owned many firearms. I don't think this was the murder weapon, but anything is possible. IMO

"Mistaking control for love" Very powerful and insightful.

Thank you for bringing up this article..many similarities to Chris’ interview with Melinda on the Interview Room. However, there are some details here that I’m not sure I’ve seen confirmed before. Just a few other things that were not mentioned in your great synopsis that may be of interest. First thing that made my jaw drop is that Melinda states that Barry never called their family/ her dad to tell them Suzanne was missing. He had Mallory make the call. Then she confirms that the explanation that he gave his girls, at least initially, is the bike ride and the mountain lion. Melinda also says that Barry was a “loving, serving father” which made me think that maybe he treated the girls much differently then he did Suzanne. She also stated that she didn’t believe that Suzanne realized the danger she was in. Heartbreaking article..

Melinda also says that Barry was a “loving, serving father” which made me think that maybe he treated the girls much differently then he did Suzanne.

Although, I notice in the article that Melinda also says "that eroded over the years".

Perhaps as the girls got older and became young women with minds of their own, BM was a bit less loving and serving. And a bit more controlling over them, too.

Regardless, they are said to love him ... and his type of fatherhood (domineering, controlling head of household) is all they have ever personally known.

Suzanne Morphew's older sister shares her story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads