Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM having one of their daughters call Suzanne's father to tell Gene that Suzanne was missing speaks volumes towards BM's character, imo.

Says a couple of things to me.

One being that he didn't want to personally face speaking with Suzanne's father.

The other being that he could get his daughter(s) to do his will ... because I think quite a few would say something like "I don't want to tell him, dad. You tell him. He is going to be so worried and upset. And I already feel really upset."

Which leads to another thing ... it makes BM seem less concerned about how his daughter may feel about such a task, as he did about avoiding the task himself. Which is not being protective of his daughter .. but is more about protecting himself.

Last edited:

One being that he didn't want to personally face speaking with Suzanne's father.

The other being that he could get his daughter(s) to do his will ... because I think quite a few would say something like "I don't want to tell him, dad. You tell him. He is going to be so worried and upset. And I already feel really upset."

Which leads to another thing ... it makes BM seem less concerned about how his daughter may feel about such a task, as he did about avoiding the task himself. Which is not being protective of his daughter .. but more about protecting himself.

I also think Barry would not have wanted to answer any questions about what actually happened. Barry knew his story would be scrutinised .

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.
One has to think that forensic data is a huge part of the evidence. If Barry had a company truck he borrowed, there would likely be either records or video of him, along with GPS data. And, we don't know if that vehicle would have been examined for physical evidence if he did borrow it. I think the window of time Barry had to complete his checklist was smaller than he anticipated...which increases the odds for both taking shortcuts and making mistakes. That bobcat is toted around on a trailer. The trailer could yield some physical data as well, such as DNA.

One thing I have confidence about in this case is.....within a matter of a day or two, Barry was publically discrediting law enforcement, and attempting to invalidate their collection of evidence (they screwed up the bicycle scene). That is a huge red flag...and given that the spouse is automatically a POI, Barry actually helped them to zero in immediately on him, his alibi and the house, worksites, etc. I think Barry lost the opportunity to get LE looking in all the wrong places. Surely, they were involved in searching the area, etc... But Barry was the focus of their real time and attention from the getgo.

One thing I have confidence about in this case is.....within a matter of a day or two, Barry was publically discrediting law enforcement, and attempting to invalidate their collection of evidence (they screwed up the bicycle scene). That is a huge red flag...and given that the spouse is automatically a POI, Barry actually helped them to zero in immediately on him, his alibi and the house, worksites, etc. I think Barry lost the opportunity to get LE looking in all the wrong places. Surely, they were involved in searching the area, etc... But Barry was the focus of their real time and attention from the getgo.
IMO, I quite agree. Those early comments to whomever, suggesting alternative theories are causes for red flags for me. It seemed BM was more concerned about how and what LE was doing than where the love of his life was. IMO.

BM having one of their daughters call Suzanne's father to tell Gene that Suzanne was missing speaks volumes towards BM's character, imo.
Yes, not facing GM even with a phone call was cowardice. “It’s too soon.” He needed more time to figure out which lies to go with. BM putting his daughter in that position is beyond sick! He has zero regards for anyone but himself. MM1 will remember that phone call for the rest of her life. BM uses people. Makes me sick! MOO

Many are speculating about the current relationship between BM and the daughters. I am curious about something else, though. What about his "brothers" at the firehouse? Remember, these guys were all in at the beginning...helping BM, supporting him. But first responders are generally loyal to law enforcement, and that comraderie is strong. So, those guys are also intertwined with local law enforcement, who are not on Barry's side. So my question is....how much of the support for Barry at the firehouse still exists? And have any of those guys flipped with info?

Many are speculating about the current relationship between BM and the daughters. I am curious about something else, though. What about his "brothers" at the firehouse? Remember, these guys were all in at the beginning...helping BM, supporting him. But first responders are generally loyal to law enforcement, and that comraderie is strong. So, those guys are also intertwined with local law enforcement, who are not on Barry's side. So my question is....how much of the support for Barry at the firehouse still exists? And have any of those guys flipped with info?
If one had flipped, would there have been an arrest sooner? I wonder about a gf flipping also. Several LE cars were at her home soon after BM was arrested. LS tried talking with her and was told by LE she wasn’t available.
“I tried to speak with a friend of Barry Morphew’s in Poncha Springs, but a Chaffee County deputy told me that she was unavailable. Multiple LE vehicles have been seen at this home today. #FindSuzanneMorphew @FOX21News”
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390097967613239297?s=21
MOO

Last edited:
Thank you for bringing up this article..many similarities to Chris’ interview with Melinda on the Interview Room. However, there are some details here that I’m not sure I’ve seen confirmed before. Just a few other things that were not mentioned in your great synopsis that may be of interest. First thing that made my jaw drop is that Melinda states that Barry never called their family/ her dad to tell them Suzanne was missing. He had Mallory make the call. Then she confirms that the explanation that he gave his girls, at least initially, is the bike ride and the mountain lion. Melinda also says that Barry was a “loving, serving father” which made me think that maybe he treated the girls much differently then he did Suzanne. She also stated that she didn’t believe that Suzanne realized the danger she was in. Heartbreaking article..

He has the neighbor make the 911 call, then has his own daughter notify Suzanne's family.
I didn't think I could be more disgusted with Barry Morphew.
I was wrong.
:mad:

Which leads to another thing ... it makes BM seem less concerned about how his daughter may feel about such a task, as he did about avoiding the task himself. Which is not being protective of his daughter .. but is more about protecting himself.

Just like having the daughters call the neighbor, as well as most likely a plan that the daughters would be the ones to return home and report mom missing.

As a father, I just can’t wrap my head around this level of evil. It’s absolutely disgusting.

I'm also keeping in mind that someone had to make the phone call to Gene after the uncomfortable situation with the loan.

I'm sure BM spun it that he was just too distraught, but unforgivable to put your child in that position. No matter how old they are, they are still your children. BM's first instinct was to protect himself, not his child.

There is no way to spin that information to BM's favor. None.

moo

My guess would be that- if on reflection of any past knowledge or suspicion of anything like financial problems, or girlfriends, or DV - they certainly would be helping LE. Their bond with other first responders would come before anyone who they would now likely consider a bad seed.

Well said. It continues to paint Barry as what I always think he is, a master manipulator but ultimately a coward. He is very good at getting others to do his dirty work, starting with the neighbor and getting her to make the 911 call, then involving TN, his nephew, to be the one to speak to the media and trying to keep out of the spotlight. At the end of the day, BM is all about himself, that is obvious.

And as far as how he is with his daughters, I have no doubt that he is very good at being, or at least portraying a very loving father. Like most narcissists, he views his children as an extension of his magnificent self, and they also provide a good narcissistic supply for him, especially since they appear to be lovely (both physically and internally) young women who reflect well upon him.

Analagous of folks who do the deed do not want to be the ones to call 911 on tape.... avoiding talking on recording etc. to be quoted or replayed in court. MOO

It was easy for me to rationalize BM reportedly putting up trail cams during AM's private search. I didn't see it as suspicious because he could have been concerned about something being planted on his property, as an example. Emotions were running high during that search. Profiling Evil talked about it constantly, talked about it while the search was happening. The news reported on it. <modsnip> They were asking for volunteer searchers - but who were all these people? I think most were good folks who wanted to help, but I promise you, you have to be careful with volunteer searchers. Today, I still don't believe SM is or ever was buried on PP property. I also didn't believe BM or the girls should have participated in that search. With BM charged and jailed with murdering SM, it's a moot point now anyway. IMO

If BM wasn’t guilty of murdering SUZANNE, I would agree.

I believe he is, so I don’t.

The dog handlers (as an example) I know who get call out's from LE, are very strong and meticulous with their documentation when they arrive at a search area and leave the search area. When they start a search, how many cars are parked from those participating, who from LE is on-scene, is family on the sidelines, media, trash on the ground, animal scat in the search area, anything novel that stands out, etc. This of course is in addition to the wind direction, weather conditions, time of day, condition of their dog (any medication the dog is on, any injuries they have or recently recovered from, etc.) and so on. You never know what could be important to an investigation and end up in court. I remember a handler telling me their first court appearance felt like they were justifying their very existence with their dog. They are use to it now. IMO

Thank you for this information.

What's a real shame for me personally is people will think this is the normal way dogs are utilized. That people show up with their dogs, not invited by LE, and step into a very active investigation of a missing person case. This also took valuable resources away from the community and LE were good sports about looking into potential evidence during the private search.

THIS was a very poor showing for the working dog community. IMO

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

Andy’s search was a private search, so LE dogs would not be used, correct? I imagine Andy, and those helping him organize, would have sourced the search dogs for his search.

How do we know the dog handlers used during Andy’s search were not of the caliber you described in the last quote? (I have not read social media or other outlets regarding this case.)

Thank you for bringing up this article..many similarities to Chris’ interview with Melinda on the Interview Room. However, there are some details here that I’m not sure I’ve seen confirmed before. Just a few other things that were not mentioned in your great synopsis that may be of interest. First thing that made my jaw drop is that Melinda states that Barry never called their family/ her dad to tell them Suzanne was missing. He had Mallory make the call. Then she confirms that the explanation that he gave his girls, at least initially, is the bike ride and the mountain lion. Melinda also says that Barry was a “loving, serving father” which made me think that maybe he treated the girls much differently then he did Suzanne. She also stated that she didn’t believe that Suzanne realized the danger she was in. Heartbreaking article..
Thank you so much for adding this! This detail just confirms for me that I think Barry intended for the girls to be the ones to discover Suzanne “missing”. When that didn’t happen, he brought the neighbor in to make the discovery.

Then, Barry has the audacity to make his daughter inform Suzanne’s family about the situation. More distancing, IMO.
What a total coward!! Makes me sick.
JMO.

Well said. It continues to paint Barry as what I always think he is, a master manipulator but ultimately a coward. He is very good at getting others to do his dirty work, starting with the neighbor and getting her to make the 911 call, then involving TN, his nephew, to be the one to speak to the media and trying to keep out of the spotlight. At the end of the day, BM is all about himself, that is obvious.

And as far as how he is with his daughters, I have no doubt that he is very good at being, or at least portraying a very loving father. Like most narcissists, he views his children as an extension of his magnificent self, and they also provide a good narcissistic supply for him, especially since they appear to be lovely (both physically and internally) young women who reflect well upon him.
BBM Outstanding statement! Thank you. It rings quite true! I always wondered why the narcissist (for the most part) treated his children differently than the wife.
“An Extension of his magnificent self!” Indeed! WOW! MOO

Maybe Barry couldn't dial the phone. Because he still had bleach on his hands. I mean blood.

This is what you get when the bottom falls out of low.

JMO
It was easy for me to rationalize BM reportedly putting up trail cams during AM's private search. I didn't see it as suspicious because he could have been concerned about something being planted on his property, as an example. Emotions were running high during that search. Profiling Evil talked about it constantly, talked about it while the search was happening. The news reported on it. <modsnip> They were asking for volunteer searchers - but who were all these people? I think most were good folks who wanted to help, but I promise you, you have to be careful with volunteer searchers. Today, I still don't believe SM is or ever was buried on PP property. I also didn't believe BM or the girls should have participated in that search. With BM charged and jailed with murdering SM, it's a moot point now anyway. IMO
He didnt take part in the search, but he could have.
A stranger could have abducted and killed her discarding her anywhere, on a trail, in a creek, on a roadside.

I'm also keeping in mind that someone had to make the phone call to Gene after the uncomfortable situation with the loan.

I'm sure BM spun it that he was just too distraught, but unforgivable to put your child in that position. No matter how old they are, they are still your children. BM's first instinct was to protect himself, not his child.

There is no way to spin that information to BM's favor. None.

moo
But Barry had no problem calling Gene when he wanted him to help with the guardianship for Suzanne ...

The circumstantial evidence in this case has got to be mountainous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member