Found Deceased NE - Carly Schaaf, 23, Lincoln, 17 May 2021 *Arrests*

"Human remains found Thursday at Pawnee Lake have been identified as Carly Schaaf, and her death is considered suspicious, according to the Lincoln Police Department."
Remains found at Pawnee Lake identified as missing Lincoln woman

"In a press release Saturday, police said crime scene technicians had processed the scene and areas around the lake that had been closed are now open.

Saturday's news release from the police department did not say whether investigators know the manner or cause of death. Earlier, Wagner had said it might take four to six weeks until toxicology results are available from the autopsy done Friday.

There is no ongoing threat to the public, according to LPD's release..."

Her mother last talked to her May 17th, reported her missing May 19th, had press conference June 3rd.

Watch Now: Leads in Lincoln woman's disappearance led investigators to several locations, including Pawnee Lake

Regarding info that led them to Pawnee Lake: "It's unclear if that information came via a tip or otherwise."

"(Acting LPD Chief) Jackson said investigators have determined how long Schaaf's remains were near the lake's southwest shore, but law enforcement will "hold close" those details. Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner said it's still unclear whether Schaaf's body was placed in the wooded area where it was discovered. "

No arrests have been made.

Carly M. Schaaf
^ Obituary.

No recent news about cause of death or estimated death date...though it hasn't been 4-6 weeks yet (July 9-23). As @Knox said above, I wonder why/how LE is able to say that there is no danger. If someone is in custody, wouldn't they have been charged or released by now? (I don't know/speculation/my opinion only.)

I read in several local news articles that she disappeared shortly after getting into a fight and assaulting another woman. In fact, she missed her court date due to her being missing. I believe that may be why they have said the public isn’t at risk, I think the 2 events are connected and we’re maybe an unfortunate consequence but of the assault. JMO of course. So sad either way..

From August 2021: Carly Schaaf Update: Thursday marks eight weeks since body was found, still no answers

"The family said the one thing they do know is that police told them they have a person of interest. Investigators wouldn’t confirm that. LPD said they don’t have a cause of death, and it’s premature to make any assumptions."

The article/story also says that autopsy results aren't in yet and discusses the high number of cases the coroner has. Wouldn't this be a priority?

From August 2021: Carly Schaaf Update: Thursday marks eight weeks since body was found, still no answers

"The family said the one thing they do know is that police told them they have a person of interest. Investigators wouldn’t confirm that. LPD said they don’t have a cause of death, and it’s premature to make any assumptions."

The article/story also says that autopsy results aren't in yet and discusses the high number of cases the coroner has. Wouldn't this be a priority?

This seems shocking. It’s been months. What would be prioritized over a homicide victim?

Death of woman found near Lincoln area lake ruled a homicide

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The death of a 23-year-old woman whose body was found four months ago at a lake near Lincoln has been ruled a homicide.

The Lincoln Journal-Star reports that the death certificate issued Thursday described the immediate cause of Carly Schaaf's death as asphyxia due to smothering, combined with a narcotics overdose.

Death of woman found near Lincoln area lake ruled a homicide

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The death of a 23-year-old woman whose body was found four months ago at a lake near Lincoln has been ruled a homicide.

The Lincoln Journal-Star reports that the death certificate issued Thursday described the immediate cause of Carly Schaaf's death as asphyxia due to smothering, combined with a narcotics overdose.
Someone smothered her while she was doing drugs seems more accurate.
If she didn't die of an overdose, it seems off to include it as a COD.

Also another weird thing about the autopsy report:
"As of Thursday, it also remained unclear where exactly she was killed. Schaaf’s death certificate describes the location of her death as “unknown” — noting only that she was found near the lake."

Why would they not have this information?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back