DC DC - Davante Richardson, 28, vehicle found 1600 miles away in Wyoming, 22 Jul 2020

Hmmm, something about him supposedly going to meet up with KW/team feels off to me. Are we sure he really didn’t have plans to do that? Or maybe he did meet up with them? I don’t know but it’s totally sketchy.
I am curiuos if phone and social media was ever reviewed in this case. I agree that it does seem like a big chance to take to drive all the way there without making some contact with Kanye or his team first. And from what I read it didn't seem like anyone was concerned with his mental state in making a sudden trip like this without having made contact previously.

I am originally from a small city near Greybull and there are so many areas there where you can go long periods of time between seeing another person or car pass. It would make sense if you ran out of gas you may try to walk to get help.

Did he text his mom he was going to see Kanye, considering they talked every day and were super close? How could he not contact her during the whole 1600 miles? or update her when stopping... even a friend. There has to be something to show he went on the trip. He obviously wouldn't NOT use social media or his phone at all for 1600 miles. Maybe someone used his phone to text the friend that he was going to see Kanye but it wasn't actually him and they planted the car there. I just don't see how a music producer would leave his entire laptop with his music in the car, phones, etc. He went on this trip for the sole reason to launch his career, he wouldn't leave his music in the car. Also, the no trace of food wrappers or anything bugs me too. Some people are really neat freaks about their car but 1600 miles is a long way. Were there really NO signs of life, any receipts of stopping for food or buying gas? Did they check his bank to see if he bought gas and when? Is there any proof he was travelling at all? Sighting, debit card movement, receipts, etc. If not why are we assuming he ever travelled if we only saw his car and never him. It could also be a possibility there was another car like someone mentioned before I think, following and one guy driving the other. You can simply get out and eat or stop. Another idea, a tow truck or a flatbed that could drive it there? Isn't there a camera somewhere the car drove past in that 1600 miles, maybe figure out the route and ask those people. I'm just throwing out everything I can think of. A part of me thinks he never went on the trip. I hope more info comes soon

Search Continues In Northwestern Wyoming For Missing D.C. Man | Cowboy State Daily

Search continues for D.C. man missing for six months | Basin Republican Rustler, Greybull Standard, Lovell Chronicle

To Note:
two cellphones and a laptop as well as the keys were found inside the vehicle
•LE know his last communication was a late-night text message to a friend, saying he was going to Wyoming to get a jump on his music career. Friends suspect that he was going to try to see Kanye West, a resident of Cody.

Based on this, it appears after sending this text before leaving, he did not communicate with anyone.

Search Continues In Northwestern Wyoming For Missing D.C. Man | Cowboy State Daily

Search continues for D.C. man missing for six months | Basin Republican Rustler, Greybull Standard, Lovell Chronicle

To Note:
two cellphones and a laptop as well as the keys were found inside the vehicle
•LE know his last communication was a late-night text message to a friend, saying he was going to Wyoming to get a jump on his music career. Friends suspect that he was going to try to see Kanye West, a resident of Cody.

Based on this, it appears after sending this text before leaving, he did not communicate with anyone.

“Richardson found himself unemployed in February last year, when COVID shut down the chain of grocery stores for which he worked as a manager, and he then took a job as an Uber driver, until he contracted the virus himself. Richardson was also a tattoo artist and a musician as well, with his own multimedia company he called “Big Blues Studio” – and dreams of one day becoming a music producer.”

A chain of grocery stores shut down? Heck, our grocery stores were booming during the past year and still are incredibly busy.
Sounds like he has many talents/skills.
Where could he be?!

When I input Washington, D.C. to Greybull, WY, into Google maps, the return is about 1934 miles, 29 hours of driving. When I input latitude & longitude into a great circle calculator (approx. air flight miles) the answer about 1634 miles. Leave it to the MSM... ;)

The shortest driving route is through the midwest via I90 West, MD-PA-OH-IN, to Chicago, IL; to Madison, WI, then MN-SD-WY. The route is full of construction.

JMO Was DR suffering a mental issue, convinced that a famous person, in this case Kanye West, was willing to see him? If only he could drive to WY, Kanye would understand. So DR just gets in his car, driving to WY, completely unprepared for the trip in practical terms like luggage, hotel stops, etc. Maybe DR did not really understand how vast and desolate WY is since his experience was in a dense, urban area. Did he have car trouble and simply walked away, becoming increasingly lost, eventually succumbing to the elements? With no water and no shade, dehydration and death can come quickly in July.

“Richardson found himself unemployed in February last year, when COVID shut down the chain of grocery stores for which he worked as a manager, and he then took a job as an Uber driver, until he contracted the virus himself. Richardson was also a tattoo artist and a musician as well, with his own multimedia company he called “Big Blues Studio” – and dreams of one day becoming a music producer.”

A chain of grocery stores shut down? Heck, our grocery stores were booming during the past year and still are incredibly busy.
Sounds like he has many talents/skills.
Where could he be?!
BBM

It is very rare, but there have been cases of COVID-19 induced psychosis. Also the stress and isolation of the pandemic has been shown to exacerbate mental health disorders. Driving 1600 miles straight through to the home of a celebrity you have never met sounds like something a person experiencing mania would consider a rational idea. Also choosing to not stop for food or drink or contact people who may be concerned that this is not a rational plan.

I hope they continue search efforts where his car was found and are able to bring answers for his family and loved ones. Obviously foul play cannot be ruled out, but the odds of that seem so low in such an isolated place, even for someone who may easily stand out as an outsider in rural Wyoming.

Sorry, I keep seeing he was heading to Kanye’s, was he going to Monster Lake ranch, or I think Kanye named it West Lake Ranch or was He heading to Kanyes property in the Big Horns?

If he was using google maps, they are notoriously inaccurate especially in that area.

If he was using his Jeep’s GPS and it was set to allow “off roading” maps, they too can lead you down some sketchy trails. We had a jeep once and the GPS always tried to send us down trails that weren’t passable in a vehicle.

Sorry, I keep seeing he was heading to Kanye’s, was he going to Monster Lake ranch, or I think Kanye named it West Lake Ranch or was He heading to Kanyes property in the Big Horns?

If he was using google maps, they are notoriously inaccurate especially in that area.

If he was using his Jeep’s GPS and it was set to allow “off roading” maps, they too can lead you down some sketchy trails. We had a jeep once and the GPS always tried to send us down trails that weren’t passable in a vehicle.
Is it possible that Greybull WY is only covered by direct to satellite phones, eg no towers off of main roads?

JMO Was DR suffering a mental issue, convinced that a famous person, in this case Kanye West, was willing to see him? If only he could drive to WY, Kanye would understand. So DR just gets in his car, driving to WY, completely unprepared for the trip in practical terms like luggage, hotel stops, etc. Maybe DR did not really understand how vast and desolate WY is since his experience was in a dense, urban area. Did he have car trouble and simply walked away, becoming increasingly lost, eventually succumbing to the elements? With no water and no shade, dehydration and death can come quickly in July.

<snipped by me>

ITA. JMO this all kind of reminds me of episodes of the show "Catfish" that featured people thinking they were on their way in the music business, like these two:

(From season 3) Lucille became affiliated with apparent recording artist Kidd Cole (who claims to have ties with Kanye West and his record label) and his co-manager Miguel who implicate her in a series of events that involve fat payments to the parties concerned.

(From season 5) Spencer has been having an online relationship for 6 years with who he claims is the actual singer Katy Perry . He says they met on a messenger app and have been speaking on and off ever since. He says that she sends him songs before they are even released (but when Nev and Max look at the links they are from random Youtube videos that are no longer available).

Of course, both were proved to have been catfished by a totally different person, and were crushed to finally learn the truth.

JMO I do believe when he went out there Davante believed he was going to be discovered and become rich and famous in the music business, and then something bad happened. I hope I'm wrong and he is discovered in a different way - alive and happy.

Admins please remove if this is not an approved source

Here is an interview with Davante's mother.

Not much help from me, but one timeline fact check - his Mom's memory about bad storms on July 22, 2020 in DC is true:

5:30 p.m. — 50,000 customers without power as storms wane

According to PowerOutage, about 50,000 customers are without power in D.C., Maryland and Virginia after the storms which have now mostly pushed over the Chesapeake Bay and Southern Maryland, where they have lost a bit of their earlier punch.

The storms produced dozens of reports of downed trees across the region and gusts to at least 60 mph. Doppler radar estimated gusts over 70 mph just above the ground but it’s not clear whether winds that strong made it down to the surface.

Some peak gusts reported include:
  • Reagan National Airport: 58 mph
  • Andrews Air Force Base: 57 mph
  • Catholic University in the District: 63 mph
In Oak Hill, Va., four miles south of Reston, weather observer Rick Vaughan reported 2.21 inches of rain in the 45 minutes between 3:10 and 3:55 p.m.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/07/22/severe-thunderstorm-watch-dc/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle