GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Miranda? Mother of his 2 kids?

First call from Angela in jail November 20, 2018

Canepa Quotes:

"Miranda (sp?) Chris Newcome's girlfriend,
answers Angela's phone call and tells her, yes, Rita is home. Angela says she " wants to talk to Rita and tell her hi real quick" but Miranda says that "Rita is not allowed to talk to her."

"Miranda then hands the phone over to Granny Beesler (Rita's mom) Rita shouts in the background "we are trying to get her to talk!" Angela says " absolutely not! Do not talk to Granny Beesler! "

Maybe that is her given name but her fb post uses her shortened version of the name Miranda. Take of the Mi.

*Moderator approved court docs obtained via court view*
201289660_4206315236086477_6497492705984284657_n.jpg
201608468_4206315606086440_185021290388821560_n.jpg
A "like" just wasn't enough. Thank you for posting these! :)

201096937_4206328852751782_2909408022422920007_n.jpg
201201222_4206329216085079_8420725027672147603_n.jpg

Thanks again @Covert Operative

• Once again, it looks like GW4's attorneys are asking for something the prosecution has already provided. IIRC at Jake's plea hearing last April, they said the evidence, etc. was in the process of being turned over to the other defendants attorneys.
  • Interesting that GW3 and AW's attorneys are not making similar requests. Can only assume they've already received the evidence or are not worried about the state providing it.
  • AW wants to talk to her MIL? She's probably very lonely and stressed. She now knows the prosecutor will be hearing and recording every word spoken during her phone calls. JMO, my instincts tell me she's going to take the plea deal.
  • I've always thought it was GW4 who helped kill Frankie and Hannah Gilley, and left the baby crying between them. Good luck to him serving LWOP in prison.
MOO

Thanks again @Covert Operative

• Once again, it looks like GW4's attorneys are asking for something the prosecution has already provided. IIRC at Jake's plea hearing last April, they said the evidence, etc. was in the process of being turned over to the other defendants attorneys.
  • Interesting that GW3 and AW's attorneys are not making similar requests. Can only assume they've already received the evidence or are not worried about the state providing it.
  • AW wants to talk to her MIL? She's probably very lonely and stressed. She now knows the prosecutor will be hearing and recording every word spoken during her phone calls. JMO, my instincts tell me she's going to take the plea deal.
  • I've always thought it was GW4 who helped kill Frankie and Hannah Gilley, and left the baby crying between them. Good luck to him serving LWOP in prison.
MOO
Where does it say Angela wants to talk to her MIL? (FW)

06/14/2021 MOTION TO PERMIT TELEPHONE CONTACT WITH FAMILY FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL

<modsnip>

Do they expect everyone should forgive and forget? Have they convinced themselves it never happened or do they mentally erase the memories of stalking the victims and shooting them? Or do they have no regrets or shame about what they did and expect everyone to believe their lies?

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Do they expect everyone should forgive and forget? Have they convinced themselves it never happened or do they mentally erase the memories of stalking the victims and shooting them? Or do they have no regrets or shame about what they did and expect everyone to believe their lies?

Not asking for bail, asking for a trial date. However, his attorney did do a bond hearing last summer so his attorney thinks he should get bond, but now he is complaining that George has been locked up 2 1/2 years so basically the court should "rush" to get him his trial date.

Good luck finding neutral jurors in Pike County ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculation:

I'd like to see the detail report of Jake's confession. Perhaps, he lessened the degree of GW4s involvement. Maybe that's a reason for GW4s defense attorneys recent actions. I think it's just a hail Mary but who knows.

From the looks of their latest filings, GW4s attorneys want to claim Jake was mentally ill when he made his confession. It does seem like a Hail Mary.

IANAL, but the public probably won't see the plea agreement for a while. It wont become official until all the other Wags cases are settled.

IIRC the same applies to Rita Newcomb's.

I wonder if GW4 thinks going to trial gives him more chances to try to escape? He sounds like he was the most gung ho in the family, willing to kill the governor, AC and Charlie Reader.

MOO

Where does it say Angela wants to talk to her MIL? (FW)

06/14/2021 MOTION TO PERMIT TELEPHONE CONTACT WITH FAMILY FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL

Never mind my question - I found it in a Motion on the other page. She wants to talk to FW RW CN and CN"s finance.
She has been deprived of contact with her family for over 18 months it says.

I just don't get why her lawyers took this long to try to get her phone back. I figured in a year maybe but not this long.

Says she knows the calls are recorded so this will help preclude her from trying to scheme I should think. I wonder if she will have to go to court for the phone privilege or if the judge will rule without having to do it in court? Same for George. Can he get a trial date without having to show up in court?

The traveling for medical expenses was done without going to court.

So we have George's attorneys and Angela's attorneys filing Motions, be interesting to see what Billy's attorneys file next.

I thought they would all plead guilty this month and the families could get some closure on this Case. I'm ready to see it end, especially for Miss Geneva.

All 3 are putting off the inevitable. They can't get aquitted with Jake testifying against them. Virtually impossible I believe!

Last edited:
After Guilty Plea, Jake Wagner Faces Life Without Parole And The Daughter He Killed For

‘Nobody expected this:’ Why a legal expert is shocked by Jake Wagner’s plea deal

Jacob Wagner: What a guilty plea means for others accused in Pike County massacre
AP18331665324124.jpg

Edward “Jake” Wagner confers with one of his attorneys before his arraignment at the Pike County Courthouse on Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018 in Waverly, Ohio. The first of four family members charged with the 2016 shootings of seven adults and a teenager from the Rhoden family has pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder and other charges in the potential death penalty case. Wagner acknowledged the 23 counts against him but said little else. He is being held without bond. (Brooke LaValley/The Columbus Dispatch via AP)

57b39f86-7e19-4df6-aa83-85988766d269-Wagner_Plee_40a0784.jpg

Emotions ran high at the Pike County Courthouse as members of the Rhoden family gathered to listen to Edward "Jake" Wagner plead guilty to eight counts of aggravated murder in connection to the 2016 murders of eight members of the Rhoden family in Waverly, Ohio, on April 22, 2021. Wagner plead guilty and agreed to testify against the other members of his family that are also connected with the deaths and to avoid the death sentence.
ROBERT MCGRAW/GAZETTE

Last edited:
197920957_4206302672754400_8432890968925126000_n.jpg
201387426_4206303792754288_2415734585548478612_n.jpg
The subpoena duces tecum is interesting, asking for JW's mental health and medical records. I don't see how this is legal. The HIPAA law requires JW's signature before his medical records are provided to anyone, even his own attorney. If JW signed a HIPAA form for his records to be released to the prosecution and/or his attorney, those records can't be given to GW's attorney without JW's permission/signature. A HIPAA form very specifically states who is allowed access to those records. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305