Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But wouldn't the prosecution have alluded to that yesterday?
I'm wondering that.

It's patently obvious he murdered Bea, but putting my juror hat on for a minute, I don't think that's enough evidence to convince me beyond reasonable doubt in a legal sense of his guilt. I hope they have something more. If Bea was only in the garages for an hour or two she may not have left many traces if she was strangled. And yes, the garages referred to were the ones that were searched, although they were on Churchfield Road, not Montagu Road, as the prosecution keep stating. Montagu Road is only one or two houses further down but perpendicular to Churchfield Road. Not that it matters.

According to AW FB page (help me find my sister) he has said that apparently there is no DNA evidence. There may well not be but i do think we will see a lot more tech data as i agree, its a great jump just to say about the 9 minute and 16 second phone call "there is no logical conclusion other than he murdered her"

According to AW FB page (help me find my sister) he has said that apparently there is no DNA evidence. There may well not be but i do think we will see a lot more tech data as i agree, its a great jump just to say about the 9 minute and 16 second phone call "there is no logical conclusion other than he murdered her"
Yeah, seems a pretty weak case so far. Weak in a prosecuting sense. We all know he did it.

An abridged version of the fascinating timeline Alyce posted:

10:25 Scott leaves Century Square

Stops off at Churchfield Road (not Montagu) for a few minutes

10:49 arrives at his parents in Dukesmead

Circa 11:14 leaves grandparent's home with Bernie

11:16-11:23 Scott Walker’s phone activated cell sites in the Gunthorpe area, Scott’s phone recorded that he had got out of the car and walked 410 steps

12:54 Scott's phone turns on again

Nine minute call to Sarah at some point

14:30 Scott goes back to garage

What does this mean? She left phone at home (if so, why)? Or there was a second phone?

Ms Wilding QC said that at around 3.15am Bernadette’s phone activated a cell site at the family home in Century Square - while she was asleep at another address in the city.
I would suggest that the phone was taken off her before she went to the grandparents. No teenager would would be separated willingly from their mobile phone, especially one so immersed in social media.

Last edited:

11:16-11:23 Scott Walker’s phone activated cell sites in the Gunthorpe area, Scott’s phone recorded that he had got out of the car and walked 410 steps

410 steps would be just over 300m in a straight line. Where could you do that distance in the Gunthorpe area and blend in/not be noticed?

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

This infers that SW and ScW went to the lock up together in the dead of night, this garage/lockup is speculated to be where Bernadettes body was kept while they decided where and how to dispose of her. This also shows why SW plead guilty to perverting the course of justice, because she was in it up to her neck. I could believe that the late night trip to that garage was Scott taking her to see Bernadette’s dead body and them discussing what steps to take to cover this up. All the while SW is sending texts to herself from Bernadette’s phone, one even saying ‘I’m sorry’, she knew her daughter was dead and only cared about covering her and ScW’s behind. It’s so so sad, poor girl was betrayed by those who were supposed to love her.

I recon more will come to light. Did the prosecution wrap up yesterday? Or are they still outlining their case today?

They were still doing their opening speech at midday

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:57
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Opening - 10:07
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:05 - 11:42
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:00
Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Opening - 12:08
Cambridge Crown Court 1
T20207197
sarah walker
scott walker

On the second day of the trial, Lisa Wilding QC told the jury that cell site technology placed Scott and Sarah Walker’s phone at a lock up garage in Montagu Road in Peterborough at 12.27am on Monday, July 20, last year before they went to Cowbit.

Bernadette was last seen alive on the morning of July 18 when Scott Walker picked her up from her grandparent’s home.

The previous day she had told her mum that Scott Walker had sexually abused her over a number of years.

Scott Walker says that on the way home from her grandparents, Bernadette got out of the car and walked off.

Scott Walker (50) denies murder and four counts of perverting the course of justice. Sarah Walker (37) denies two counts of perverting the course of justice.

Ms Wilding, continuing to open the case to the jury this morning (June 15), said ANPR technology tracked Scott Walker’s Mercedes as it travelled along the A16 and A1175 towards Cowbit - but a record showed the car had not travelled along that road since October 2019.

Ms Wilding said: “At 12.27am Scott and Sarah Walker are placed at the lock up garage.

“In the hours that followed both parents travelled to a remote area of Cambridgeshire near Cowbit, on the A16 near Spalding and the A1175 near Market Deeping.

“Police enquiries of records of the areas show that from October 2019 until that date, Scott Walker’s silver Mercedes never travelled on these roads to Cowbit,

“Scott and Sarah Walker’s phone are disconnected from the network, but Bernadette’s phone was also with them, and that did not disconnect from the network.”

Ms Wilding said a number of messages were sent from Bernadette’s phone to friends, and to Sarah Walker’s phone.

The car was seen at the Apple Green Service Station on the A1175 at 1.17am, leaving at 1.19am, with messages still being sent from Bernadette’s phone.

Bernadette’s phone was disconnected from the network at 1.29am.

At 1.32am, Sarah Walker’s phone tracked 33 steps being made over a five minute period.

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.30am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

Ms Wilding said: “There is no credible explanation for these two defendants leaving their house in the middle of the night, travelling to a remote area of Cambridgeshire close to Peterborough, to a place where it would have been really easy to dispose of the body.

“Then sending yet more fake messages from her phone.
“Clearly, we say, this was a wide opportunity for the disposal of her body.”

The court heard that the previous night, both Scott and Sarah Walker went to the lock up garage - before Scott went out for a number of hours ‘in the dead of night.’

Ms Wilding said: “At 10.14pm (on July 18) cell site data tells us they connect to different sites in the Peterborough area.

“At 10.48pm, they both activate GPS at the lock up garage on Montagu Road.”

Phone data shows steps were recorded at the location, until the left at 11.08pm.

Ms Wilding said: “What was so useful to go to the lock up garage.

“You may consider by this stage, it was becoming necessary, the prosecution say, to dispose of the body.

“If either of these two believed Bernadette had simply run away and was missing, no real actions had been taken to find her.

“They had not reported her missing to police, quite the reverse.

“The fact they travelled to the lock up is telling.

“Firstly it shows they were not looking for Bernadette.

“Secondly it shows they attended a site where her body could have been hidden.”

Scott Walker left the home at Century Square again at 2.36am (on July 19).

The car was seen on CCTV near the lock up, and at 2.47am, GPS data put him at the lock up.

Ms Wilding said: “It can accurately be described he went to the lock up at the dead of night.”

Scott Walker left the garage at about 3am, and then made a journey to the Gunthorpe area at 3.06am - at 3.10am his phone was located at Ulldale Way.

Ms Wilding said: “Whatever Scott was doing in those hours, it ended at half past five.

“At 5.37am he was back at the lock up, where more steps were recorded.

“He made his way home, but not before going to the McDonalds Drive Thru.

“Scott Walker had been out of the house for most of the night.

“The prosecution cannot say what he was doing - but what we do say is it may have been a time when Scott Walker was able to dispose of the body.”

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

wonder if he goes back home when he ends the call at 13.03 hrs ?

otherwise, what is he doing between then and 14.30 hrs when he is located at the garage ?

Hmmm… did SaW and ScW go to the lockup, so SaW could see Bernadette’s body, then go driving around looking for a place to dump her? Then, having found the ‘right spot’ the next night did ScW go out there alone to dispose of Bernadette? I actually dread to think of what they did with her body. I also think SaW should have been charged with much much more IMO. There’s no way she’s getting her kids back after this, absolutely no chance. MOO

410 steps would be just over 300m in a straight line. Where could you do that distance in the Gunthorpe area and blend in/not be noticed?

only a few minutes after he left the grandparents. Could Bee have exited the car and he got her back in? They say there is always some truth in a lie. This may be where he gets the ‘she ran out the car and never came back’ part of his story. Moo

Id always thought she was buried somewhere, but I think that if SaW knew where Bernadette was buried and she was intact she’d have told by now to save herself. I’m starting to wonder if her body was burned or dismembered and the remains disposed of by ScW on the second night when he went out there alone. This would explain why SaW hasn’t spoke out because it would make HER look even worse than she does now. IMO there’s a reason that neither of them have led police to Bernadettes body, and I think it has to do with the condition of her remains. All MOO

Hmmm… did SaW and ScW go to the lockup, so SaW could see Bernadette’s body, then go driving around looking for a place to dump her? Then, having found the ‘right spot’ the next night did ScW go out there alone to dispose of Bernadette? I actually dread to think of what they did with her body. I also think SaW should have been charged with much much more IMO. There’s no way she’s getting her kids back after this, absolutely no chance. MOO

From the timings,

Saturday July 18
10.48pm to 11.18pm - Scott and Sarah go to the garage -

Scott takes her to see Bernadette's body

Sunday July 19
02.36am Scott leaves home on his own
0.2.47am Scott at garage
03.00am Scott departs garage, goes to Gunthorpe and beyond ?
5.37am back at garage, then goes home

Scott goes looking for a burial/disposal site but doesn't find one

Monday July 20
12.27am Scott and Sarah at the garage
then depart to Cowbit and beyond ?
3.08 hrs both back home

Scott and Sarah find a place to either bury or dispose of Bernadette's body

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics