TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

I think that law enforcement who refused to investigate this case and who refused to do their sworn duty and protected Shawn (in my opinion) should be investigated and charged with a cover up.
Thats what this PI and Clint have been saying for years! I've followed their facebook page and the progress they made. It was disheartening at times, but they never gave up! I didn’t know about the meeting they had, but it sounds like someone at the DA finally cane through for them!!

To be fair, I don't think Clint got a call either. His PI said a City Official from Big Spring called her with the news, then she called Clint.
Clint said he missed a call from the Victims office at the DA yesterday, no other details. I would assume BJ got the same call.

The above is much nicer than what I would like to say :)

To be fair, I don't think Clint got a call either. His PI said a City Official from Big Spring called her with the news, then she called Clint.
Clint said he missed a call from the Victims office at the DA yesterday, no other details. I would assume BJ got the same call.

The above is much nicer than what I would like to say :)

Ah, ok. I’m probably reading too much into this. moo

So many questions, but my number 1 is when will the others be arrested as well that were involved?

Erica says it was a story that spanned a few days, well that clearly shows more people were involved.

What evidence did they finally get to make the arrest?

What happened Sunday after Shawn sent those *advertiser censored* pics to the aunt?

Why was Del at the house Sunday night?

Did D. Dunn really go to a friend's house, what does he know? Will he be subpoenaed?

Why did the mom lie and say a friend took her to work? Why did she lie and say Hailey was asleep in her bed?
Great post and questions !

Whaaaaat?!!! Finally! This news surprises my only because I think someone (besides Billy) has been protecting him. I never thought I would see this day, but boy am I so glad to see an arrest FINALLY! Now, on to true justice! I can't wait to see the evidence; although it may make us sick when we see exactly how much evidence against him there has been without an arrest. Better late than never I suppose!

Billie Jean found out Shawn had been charged and arrested through the media. Not LE.

Anyone else think this is odd?

Billie Dunn, Hailey’s mother, says law enforcement didn’t contact her to tell her about the arrest, and that she was alerted to it by the BigCountryHomepage.com app push alert. Hailey Dunn’s mother says she’s ‘so elated and so relieved’ arrest was made in daughter’s murder | KTAB - BigCountryHomepage.com
Normally, I would think it was astounding that LE wouldn't tell the mother of a murdered child about an imminent arrest. But then again, we are speaking about the woman who was arrested for lying to LE about the whereabouts of the murder suspect.

She was more concerned about protecting him than she was about finding out what happened to her missing child. :mad:

Normally, I would think it was astounding that LE wouldn't tell the mother of a murdered child about an imminent arrest. But then again, we are speaking about the woman who was arrested for lying to LE about the whereabouts of the murder suspect.

She was more concerned about protecting him than she was about finding out what happened to her missing child. :mad:
Even more so because at one time when she was heavily complaining about her treatment by local LE, she claimed the Texas Rangers were her best buds. They were meeting with her, taking her phone calls, etc.

There is so much to this case, all the twists and turns it took over the years. All the gross and alarming behavior, lies, manipulation, pointing fingers and blaming others, then going on with your life- playing the victim. There were two people who should have safe-guarded Hailey from a very alarming and escalating situation. Only one of them lived in the home and ignored the signs. I will never believe she didn't know what happened and covered it up, never. She covered for Shawn to protect herself ...

The following is the full text of the statement from Thompson.

The 32nd Judicial District Attorney’s Office would like to confirm that Shawn Adkins has been arrested in connection to the murder of Hailey Dunn.

Our office has not and will not be releasing any details of this case. Information will be released by public record and court proceedings, in due process. This has been a multi-county and multi-agency effort and is still under investigation.

Any statements made that have not been provided by the 32nd Judicial District Attorney’s Office, have not been made by our direction.

Our office believes the integrity of this case should be preserved until a time that it can be properly presented m a court of law.

Yours very truly, Richard Thompson

Hailey Dunn murder case: here’s what the prosecutor said on Tuesday | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com

COLORADO CITY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The father of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and prosecutors have little to say as they wait for her accused killer to have his day in court.

Clint Dunn released a brief statement the day after Shawn Adkins was arrested for his daughter’s murder, saying “right now, there are no words to define how I feel. We will let the trial speak the truth. Thank you to everyone who searched for Hailey, and to those who fought tirelessly for an arrest. Hopefully, true justice will come in the courtroom”.

32nd Judicial District Attorney Richard Thompson is also being cautious while Adkins’ trial is pending, confirming he has been charged for the murder of Hailey Dunn but declining to disclose anything else.

“Our office has not and will not be releasing any details of this case. Information will be released by public record and court proceedings, in due process,” Thompson explains ...

Father of Hailey Dunn, prosecutors hope for 'true justice' and 'integrity' in court

COLORADO CITY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The father of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and prosecutors have little to say as they wait for her accused killer to have his day in court.

Clint Dunn released a brief statement the day after Shawn Adkins was arrested for his daughter’s murder, saying “right now, there are no words to define how I feel. We will let the trial speak the truth. Thank you to everyone who searched for Hailey, and to those who fought tirelessly for an arrest. Hopefully, true justice will come in the courtroom”.

32nd Judicial District Attorney Richard Thompson is also being cautious while Adkins’ trial is pending, confirming he has been charged for the murder of Hailey Dunn but declining to disclose anything else.

“Our office has not and will not be releasing any details of this case. Information will be released by public record and court proceedings, in due process,” Thompson explains ...

Father of Hailey Dunn, prosecutors hope for 'true justice' and 'integrity' in court
I have felt so bad for Clint over the years. You could always tell he was grieving so deeply over Hailey. I admire him tremendously and respect that he is able to remain so civil, I don't know that I would be capable of it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back