CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something you saw bothered you and you may be on to something. It doesn't seem at all professional for the attorney to notarize the document he prepared. Now the D's look the same!

^^^Take a look at those D's.

Wow, thank you so much for pointing that out, @stuntpuppy. That can't be a coincidence. These things with the attorney/notary are adding up. I see from his business site that he has been practicing a long time. But something doesn't seem right. Yes, I didn't notice some things right away, but I'm not LE or being paid to solve this case. Now that I see it, I can't overlook it... it's hinky. JMO.

I am required by law to have an Official Notarial Register, which includes the following:
1. The Date I complete the Notarial Act
2. The Character of the Act (Affidavit, Oath, Acknowledgement, Etc. ) Essentially what I was notarizing.
3. Parties to the Instrument (this one varies by state I need to have name and full address)
4. Date of Instrument (I only use this if I'm making official copies of a government doc)
5. Notary Fee Paid
6. Remarks - This is the important one, I would use this field if I notarized for someone I didn't know very personally. Best Practice and Industry standard is to use State Issued ID #'s in this field.

I'd like to see the Attorney/Notary's Notarial Register specifically the entry for the 2020 Trust and see what means of Identification he used to verify it was Dia as well as if he put her Driver's License # down as he should have.

Something you saw bothered you and you may be on to something. It doesn't seem at all professional for the attorney to notarize the document he prepared. Now the D's look the same!

^^^Take a look at those D's.

Wow, thank you so much for pointing that out, @stuntpuppy. That can't be a coincidence. These things with the attorney/notary are adding up. I see from his business site that he has been practicing a long time. But something doesn't seem right. Yes, I didn't notice some things right away, but I'm not LE or being paid to solve this case. Now that I see it, I can't overlook it... it's hinky. JMO.

I am required by law to have an Official Notarial Register, which includes the following:
2. The Character of the Act (Affidavit, Oath, Acknowledgement, Etc. ) Essentially what I was notarizing.
3. Parties to the Instrument (this one varies by state I need to have name and full address)
4. Date of Instrument (I only use this if I'm making official copies of a government doc)
5. Notary Fee Paid
6. Remarks - This is the important one, I would use this field if I notarized for someone I didn't know very personally. Best Practice and Industry standard is to use State Issued ID #'s in this field.

I'd like to see the Attorney/Notary's Notarial Register specifically the entry for the 2020 Trust and see what means of Identification he used to verify it was Dia as well as if he put her Driver's License # down as is what we are taught to do in the notary classes.

5. Notary Fee Paid

I'd like to see the Attorney/Notary's Notarial Register specifically the entry for the 2020 Trust and see what means of Identification he used to verify it was Dia as well as if he put her Driver's License # down as he should have.

Thank you for this information. I would ask if anyone here has notified LE of their observations regarding the “D’s”? Although I have utmost respect for investigators, I never assume they are able to catch every little detail in a case. On the few occasions I have communicated my discoveries to LE, they have responded with thanks, even though I will never know if it made a difference. I am not volunteering to contact LE in this case, but I sincerely hope someone on the thread who has looked into this “D issue” will. :)

IIRC, and I'll try to find a link to support this-- KH offered a $10,000 reward for a safe return of Dia. (But JMO... he'd know a safe return would be impossible if he was the one that disappeared her. There's a difference in how it's worded-- he wasn't offering it for information.)
(Yeah, he offered that much money, but then tried to get a refund on those boots she purchased.)...
Good point..."Safe Return" While he feverishly looks for the love of his life himself...NOT! He makes bold claims like we were going to get married and what not knowing Dia is never going to able to call him on it. I mean really. If you met the love of your life and you were living together sharing each day and talking of marriage would you just write that person off? Not look for them? Not look for answers? HE KNOWS...HE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS. Everything this guys says and does makes me feel he knows EXACTLY where she is. And always referring to her in past tense from day one.
I agree, and this is MOO, he knows exactly what happened to Dia and where she is. Like you say, he did seem to write her off as dead right away by things he did and did not do:
  • taking off on a "business trip" to other states while she was only days missing. She went missing Saturday night and he took off in his RV on Monday morning.
  • Even LE took notice of his oddly timed trip. KH was brazen and confident perhaps because he knew they wouldn't be able to piece it together.
  • He didn't hesitate to get on tv and claim an upcoming marriage was planned. Now, his motives seem more transparent to me.
  • yes, using past tense about that woman he loved.
  • not looking for her, not arranging for search parties, that any of us have heard.
  • Not giving correct details about her or the events leading up to her disappearance. Nothing he said seemed to ring true and none of it was ever confirmed.
  • just a little thing, but trying to get "that boot refund" tells us he didn't expect Dia to come back wanting to keep those boots. He had taken over her estate in his mind.
At least that's how I see it. This is just my own thoughts and MOO.

... snipped to reply.... I'd like to see the Attorney/Notary's Notarial Register specifically the entry for the 2020 Trust and see what means of Identification he used to verify it was Dia as well as if he put her Driver's License # down as he should have.
You sound like a very careful, above-board Notary. You got me trying to remember when... I was a Notary for a large corporation here in California many years ago. My Journal didn't have a Remarks section though for my own comments, and I would've liked that. I usually did record their driver's license number and when it'd expire, but I also had the option to check "personally known to me", and often did both. Anyways, you got me thinking about it.

Trying to imagine how it could happen if this was a scheme to fool the attorney. Say, if the attorney didn't know Dia, and if the person was an imposter showing up at his office, that person would've made efforts to look exactly like the pic on Dia's license. I think they'd have Dia's California Driver's License to present to the attorney / notary and he'd record it in his Journal.

But wait, then I remembered, after I was no longer a Notary that California added finger printing in some instances. Not all states require finger printing, but California does. That means an imposter would've had to leave their thumbprint for those particular transactions. What do you think? I know it was during full blown Covid restrictions, but I still find it unprofessional that the attorney was also the notary on the papers he drew up for the client.

When Does A CA Notary Need To Take A Thumbprint? | NNA (nationalnotary.org)
"California Notaries are required to obtain a thumbprint for a deed, quitclaim deed, deed of trust, and other documents affecting real property or any power of attorney document. (Government Code Section 8206[a][2][G])."

Notary Law on the Usage of Biometric Identifiers (notarypublicstamps.com)
"Well, as notaries public, especially in states where we are required to maintain journals, we all know there is a thumbprint box in the notary journal for each notarial transaction. Some states, such as California, still require fingerprints for notary transactions, while in other states, such as Texas and New Mexico, it’s no longer required."

I agree, and this is MOO, he knows exactly what happened to Dia and where she is. Like you say, he did seem to write her off as dead right away by things he did and did not do:
  • taking off on a "business trip" to other states while she was only days missing. She went missing Saturday night and he took off in his RV on Monday morning.
  • Even LE took notice of his oddly timed trip. KH was brazen and confident perhaps because he knew they wouldn't be able to piece it together.
  • He didn't hesitate to get on tv and claim an upcoming marriage was planned. Now, his motives seem more transparent to me.
  • yes, using past tense about that woman he loved.
  • not looking for her, not arranging for search parties, that any of us have heard.
  • Not giving correct details about her or the events leading up to her disappearance. Nothing he said seemed to ring true and none of it was ever confirmed.
  • just a little thing, but trying to get "that boot refund" tells us he didn't expect Dia to come back wanting to keep those boots. He had taken over her estate in his mind.
At least that's how I see it. This is just my own thoughts and MOO.

Could not agree more. His actions listed above do not in any way resemble a broken heart and a confused man seeking answers. He never showed a sign of any determination to get to the bottom of it. He was quick though to point out the kids as being after her over money. A strange and ill timed attack. I think pretty much everyone on this board believes KH either murdered Dia in cold blood or knows exactly where she is if there is a slim chance of her being alive. HE KNOWS...ALWAYS HAS!

If the story checks out about Dia delivering some snacks to her sick friend that morning....then that puts her at the house that day. That gives me a small amount of relief. As you all know I have thought from the beginning that KH did away with her and made sure his mess was cleaned up long before he reported her missing and the property was searched. But, it looks like I was thankfully wrong. If she was there that day then he had to get rid of her somewhat quickly. I almost feel he needed an accomplice to do this. If that is true then at least two people know where she is. If not, then only KH knows. I do not feel that Dia's body was on the ranch when KH called LE. She was not in the motor home at that time either I don't think. KH would be out of his mind to call LE and have her dead body right there in his motor home. No, she had to be gone already to some place that he was confident she could not be found. Oh, how I would love to see a break in this case....

If the story checks out about Dia delivering some snacks to her sick friend that morning....then that puts her at the house that day....
animated-cow-image-0128.gif
MOO with underlines. ;)
I just can't believe that Dia baked those cinnamon buns and visited her sick neighbor that morning. Nope. Sorry, not buying it. That was not reported by the media, never mentioned at all, or on any missing person poster, and it suddenly became an unconfirmed quaint fact from the son.

I thought your initial speculation that she disappeared before that actual day made sense. I agree KH would be way stupid to have her body in the RV while reporting her missing and then drive off. Why would anybody do something that suspicious? That must've been a distraction to lead LE off course. I can't see why else unless he's brazen enough to have had the body in the RV.

If there were any cinnamon rolls, they could've been store bought and left on the neighbor's porch by someone with a plan. It's no more confirmed than KH's story about the water heater guy. Then, there's DF (Diana) at one time being Secret Service. How's she fit in and on which side? I hope she's helping LE figure this case out.

Listen, JMO, the son is connected in the VIP world, and powerful enough to demand this investigation goes deeper. His little cinnamon roll story is nothing. If he hired so many PIs and attorneys to actually solve how his mother went missing, then he should have much more info. IMO, son may want the investigation to go no where. Sure, he might want to find the body for estate reasons, but his concern is limited for maybe a reason.

I don't trust KH, but I also don't trust the son. There's a lot to be gained, even if the gains are split up or someone is paid off. The players and the plot may be more intricate than we can imagine. We've been left by LE, in the dark, left to our own imagination. I'm spinning my own yarn while I'm waiting for the big break in the case.

MOO and JMO

Yep, the entire cinnamon buns thing did come out of no place. But if true it changes a lot. If false it also changes a lot. I have to think by now LE has all his e-mails, Google searches and any tracking of his phone that was available. They have searched out any supposed witnesses and made it clear to them if they are lying they are accessories to murder....but if they talk they could gain immunity. Anyone known to be lying will be suspect and will get hard lined by LE. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the desk of the head investigator on this case.

MOO time...
I'm guessing LE let the truck go prematurely, the son claiming to have found evidence in the truck,(I'm sure LE has viewed the video or has prior knowledge)...
Meaning it's most likely that If Dia had run into foul play, she was transferred in the truck...
Was it a plant or a big big error on the purp...
Do we do the radius thing...
Arizona... New Mexico... Greater Coachella... Maybe somewhere on the hill... landfills had cameras etc. ouch.
Not much time can elapse due to the detection of Dia missing on that Saturday, I feel, (MOO) the time period has been severely shortened of Dia's timetable, maybe we can shorten that up a bit...
BREAK IT DOWN..
Altercation...
Situation at hand... the plan
Travel time...
prep time, crime scene clean...
Method of disposal, burial, other method... if any
Travel time to return
What are we looking at, a 12 hour window...I'd have to back track...
The way I understand it, Dia was first reported missing? Sunday AM?

This is where we left off with the son finally giving an interview about his missing mother after one year.
Extended News 8 interview with Clinton Abrams, son of missing woman Dia Abrams

This is where it stands for now with the pending battle between Dia's children and the current trustees KH and DF.
The riverside probate docket says the hearings have been continued to July 21 & 22.
What do you think the chances are of the children getting the property away from the trustees at this time, and having that private fiduciary they named put in fiduciary charge of the property?
Hearing set for July 21 & 22, 2021.

Chosen and named specifically by the children?

IMO, yes. But court appointed woukld be fine too.

Dia is missing. Her children are next of kin, rightfully positioned to protect their mother's interests.

The children may have been embroiled with her over the father's will, but the children didn't make her missing... in fact, they benefit nothing from her absence. If she weren't disppeared, they could continue to fight their original battles.

Who stands to gain from her absence?

JMO

...but the children didn't make her missing... in fact, they benefit nothing from her absence.
Thanks for your reply and presenting how you see it. I respect your stance that the children didn't make Dia disappear <modsnip> That's fine. I'm still not sure. We simply don't know who is involved in Dia's mysterious disappearance.

Who is to say there wasn't some very complex, intricate plan that hasn't been uncovered yet? There is a need to think outside the box in this case, IMO. Who ends up benefitting is yet to be determined.

Everybody involved in the coming court hearing could have a motive. Depending on the outcome, either the children or KH (& DF) stand to gain.

<modsnip>

We just don't know much of the truth yet. <modsnip> Legally, we have the paperwork she signed. She named trustees and that may hold up in court. If the children did hire all those PI's and attorneys to investigate, then hopefully they'll have something proving fault with that paperwork. <modsnip>

The children are all ready to get control and want their own fiduciary that they've chosen. They don't want a court appointed one, no, they want their certain one. Sure, you can say it's to protect Dia's estate and interests, but if Dia isn't found alive, then those adult children definitely stand to gain. The thing is we don't know what Dia wanted. <modsnip>

Please know, I do respect your opinion. Interested to hear why you are so sure that Dia still wanted her children to be beneficiaries of her estate. Next of kin doesn't define how she actually felt about leaving them anything. <modsnip> Can't wait to see what happens to settle this issue on July 21-22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing set for July 21-22 regarding Dia's adult children's request to have the current trustees removed.

There's been many different legal actions going on having to do with this case. Time has gone by, and memories start to fade or links get lost. This is just my attempt to get some of the links to legal actions all in one post in some type of order.

Dia's Petition:

Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Her Children's Opposition to Petition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
The changes Dia made in May 2020:
ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf (google.com)

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as tru | cbs8.com

Dia's Children want current trustees removed:
abrams_petition_redacted.pdf (google.com)

Power of Attorney copies submitted to New Mexico court in KH's attempt to get a refund KH wanted from a boot store for a refund on boots Dia bought. (hard to explain)
Abrams_POA2.pdf (google.com)

Last edited:
Based off of Children's disposition, if (MOO) Dia was in hiding....
1. This could bring her back into the limelight...
2. There would be petitioners cost involved...
3. MOO, it would be hard to believe that Dia is in a quiet unheard of area eating oatmeal and wafers, and could be so silent and unknown...
Flyers of her disappearance have been forwarded to remote areas...
There would also be cost of living expenses (not a inexpensive lifestyle at that...see bootworld cost)...
MOO, I believe Dia is no longer with us and the siblings will financially crush whoever is in their way...
This case has more drama than Netflix...
Thinking on remote hiding areas.... MOO ...yea like Boston...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members