GUILTY UK - Agnes Akom, 20, Cricklewood London, 9 May 2021 *arrest*

I initially thought he might have thought he was sending those to her privately, as in DMing them to her but after the third picture I just realised he was probably just doing it on purpose (to get her attention and maybe the other guys' envy as well).

The one that totally confused me was someone who copied/pasted the same comment under each photo with a winky face emoji.

i just did a search and there hasn't been any new MSM coverage for about three weeks (since May 24 or so). They arrested the man (NP) on May 18. he was set to appear in court on May 31 - was that rescheduled? Would he have been remanded? What's next after that?

Agnes Akom: Man charged with murder over missing woman

[NP] is due to appear in custody at Willesden Magistrates' Court on Monday.

The one that totally confused me was someone who copied/pasted the same comment under each photo with a winky face emoji.

i just did a search and there hasn't been any new MSM coverage for about three weeks (since May 24 or so). They arrested the man (NP) on May 18. he was set to appear in court on May 31 - was that rescheduled? Would he have been remanded? What's next after that?

Agnes Akom: Man charged with murder over missing woman

[NP] is due to appear in custody at Willesden Magistrates' Court on Monday.

He was remanded after appearing on 25 May iirc. Pleas and directions were scheduled for 6 August.

I agree the lack of MSM is frustrating and it suggests her body hasn't been found.

How bizarre that this should happen just as we were talking about it. I've checked the news everyday for weeks and nothing. It's especially odd as Neasden rec was searched extensively way back around the time the defendant was charged, and nothing was apparently found then.

It's awful on so many levels for a woman's dead body to lie undiscovered for weeks next to a children's playground, but good news for the case that her remains have been located. Hopefully the forensic and post mortem findings will strengthen the case.

RIP Ágnes.

Human remains found in search for Agnes Akom

While we await forensic identification, the family of Agnes Akom have been informed of this development.

They wouldn't inform the family of this if they had no reasonable grounds to believe it was her, right?

Also, as @JuicyLucy said it really sucks that they couldn't find her for over a month now despite the huge amount of CCTV cameras around London and when they eventually did it was in a park they claim has been extensively searched before. I mean I know I shouldn't be this surprised but Neasden Recreational Ground never seemed that big to me (despite it basically surrounding the reservoir). I actually used to live on Randall Avenue some time back and would go there on a regular basis with one of my housemates and her young son. We only ventured past the playground on a couple of occasions - I clearly remember the rest of it being tall grass and shrubs and, yet, not that big that it would take this long to comb it thoroughly. At least not IMO.

They wouldn't inform the family of this if they had no reasonable grounds to believe it was her, right?

ETA: RSBM

I think that they would probably be in contact with the family even if the remains could be, or quite clearly were, someone else's, because you wouldn't want the first they heard of remains being found to be on the evening news. But I think using this form of words in the press release is a clear indication that they do expect the remains to be Ágnes'.

Pretty young blonde girl goes missing from London neighbourhood, with a nice clear CCTV pic of her last known sighting, showing what she looks like and how she's dressed. Search for her alive yields nothing but cctv implicates an identifiable man in her abduction, who is then arrested on suspicion of her murder and, after a spell in hospital because of self-harm in custody, goes on to be charged. Some time later, her remains are found in a state that is 'shocking and deeply disturbing'.

Ringing any bells? The parallels are extraordinary. But the media interest? Not so much.

I wonder why. (Not.)

Some photos of the forensic search of Neasden rec.

Police search park after 'human remains' found in search for Agnes Akom

May be of particular interest if you know the area, @MawaCawa.

Wow the grass looks even taller than I remember it! I've always been baffled by how in the UK some sides of a park can look so wild and so much like what a field or, at times, a forest would look like in Eastern Europe.

My friend used to joke that this place had a better side - with its grass always mowed, the playground and a lovely little entrance (next to the footbridge with Randall Avenue and Kenwyn Drive on the other side of it) - and a not-so-nice one as well. Needless to say that I'm pretty sure that pictures 1, 4 and 5 in the article you have quoted show the other entrance to the park that we used to avoid since it always looked a bit... unsafe let's say for two young women and a small child. That one is closest to the other footbridge (opposite of Brook Road).

Police activity continues following disappearance of Agnes Akom

BBM

"An initial search was conducted at a commercial premises in North Acton Road, Ealing, which detectives believe to the principal scene of the investigation.

Police and forensic colleagues are expected to remain at a secondary location in Neasden Recreation Park, Brent, for some days to come as they maintain the scene and complete site examinations following the discovery of human remains on Monday, 14 June"

Bit more insight on how the Met has labelled the two locations; this will sound pretty obvious but it would it be fair to conclude that the car dealership/container is probably where she met her untimely death, whereas the recreational grounds is where he probably tried to dispose of her, right? All MOO of course.

Police activity continues following disappearance of Agnes Akom

BBM

"An initial search was conducted at a commercial premises in North Acton Road, Ealing, which detectives believe to the principal scene of the investigation.

Police and forensic colleagues are expected to remain at a secondary location in Neasden Recreation Park, Brent, for some days to come as they maintain the scene and complete site examinations following the discovery of human remains on Monday, 14 June"

Bit more insight on how the Met has labelled the two locations; this will sound pretty obvious but it would it be fair to conclude that the car dealership/container is probably where she met her untimely death, whereas the recreational grounds is where he probably tried to dispose of her, right? All MOO of course.

That would be my interpretation.

Two weeks since the gruesome discovery today, yet no other news on this...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back