GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe he did drag/carry her to that location in the corn. Her clothing was removed and bra pushed up because he carried out the assault there, which he doesn't want anyone to know about because he's much more protective of that sick deed than the murder itself.

JMO.
Yeah he really,really does not want anything about sexual assault connected to him.

Yeah he really,really does not want anything about sexual assault connected to him.
Because sexual assault is motive... he wants everyone to believe the ninja story so if he sexually assaulted her, then that story doesn't make any sense at all. Two masked ninjas don't murder someone so that you can rape her and dump the body. But, a more reasonable motive is HE wanted her so he took her, she turned him down, he raped and murdered her for that reason. That makes perfect sense!

I found this that just mentioned he worked for another farm before going to Yarrabee Farms. Maybe someone else knows which farm that was?

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town (Published 2018)

Mr. Bahena Rivera came to the United States at age 17, his lawyer said, with the equivalent of a middle school education. After a few years at another farm, he went to work at Yarrabee Farms outside Brooklyn, which is co-owned by Craig Lang, a former Republican candidate for Iowa agriculture secretary.

I could theorize that if he had the forethought to bring a large knife in his car, he might have had the forethought to put something down to protect his trunk (and maybe his seats) from blood.
(snipped by me)
It’s hard for me to imagine that he planned this at all, but certainly not to this degree. He drove around in town, highly visible, and even circled the block a few times. He followed her down a road that is again highly visible and with enough traffic to make it risky. And of course he didn’t have the forethought to deny it or lawyer up right away.

We can speculate he must have brought a large knife with him or had one in his car. We can assume he must have figured out a way to inflict those horrific wound without getting blood all over his trunk. He must have not gotten much blood on himself either as that would surely contaminate the inside of the car as well. And we can even guess he must have had the perfect isolated dumping spot already selected.

But I don’t think he’s clever enough for any of that. The fact that he avoided detection for so long while hiding in plain sight is embarrassing, but it’s certainly not because he planned it that way.

(snipped by me)
It’s hard for me to imagine that he planned this at all, but certainly not to this degree. He drove around in town, highly visible, and even circled the block a few times. He followed her down a road that is again highly visible and with enough traffic to make it risky. And of course he didn’t have the forethought to deny it or lawyer up right away.

We can speculate he must have brought a large knife with him or had one in his car. We can assume he must have figured out a way to inflict those horrific wound without getting blood all over his trunk. He must have not gotten much blood on himself either as that would surely contaminate the inside of the car as well. And we can even guess he must have had the perfect isolated dumping spot already selected.

But I don’t think he’s clever enough for any of that. The fact that he avoided detection for so long while hiding in plain sight is embarrassing, but it’s certainly not because he planned it that way.
I tend to agree. There are too many unanswered questions to make any scenario fit just right, in my mind, anyway. I'm not comfortable basing it off trunk blood volume alone.

Last edited:
(snipped by me)

I would agree with a lot of this. I suspect he possibly had thought about grabbing her or someone else before. Maybe had seen her running before and knew she was a pretty girl. Then this particular evening just happened to see her, see an opportunity and acted. It would not be unusual to have a knife in a car when you work on a farm. He picked a spot to abduct her where nobody could see. That doesn't take a great deal of planning or smarts. The field location may have been known to him earlier or just stumbled upon, who knows. He got away with it for 5 weeks because he just got lucky that evening that no one saw him (other than the cameras). Could the police have gotten him sooner? Maybe, but it wouldnt have mattered. I'm just glad that they did indeed get him. If not for that camera, he very well might have completely have gotten away with it. And I don't think anyone doubts that if he did this once, he would do it again.

I found this that just mentioned he worked for another farm before going to Yarrabee Farms. Maybe someone else knows which farm that was?

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town (Published 2018)

Mr. Bahena Rivera came to the United States at age 17, his lawyer said, with the equivalent of a middle school education. After a few years at another farm, he went to work at Yarrabee Farms outside Brooklyn, which is co-owned by Craig Lang, a former Republican candidate for Iowa agriculture secretary.

Wasn't he working near where his cousin lived and bought him the car? I recall her testifying something about them losing close touch when he moved and started working at Yarrabee Farms.

I would agree with a lot of this. I suspect he possibly had thought about grabbing her or someone else before. Maybe had seen her running before and knew she was a pretty girl. Then this particular evening just happened to see her, see an opportunity and acted. It would not be unusual to have a knife in a car when you work on a farm. He picked a spot to abduct her where nobody could see. That doesn't take a great deal of planning or smarts. The field location may have been known to him earlier or just stumbled upon, who knows. He got away with it for 5 weeks because he just got lucky that evening that no one saw him (other than the cameras). Could the police have gotten him sooner? Maybe, but it wouldnt have mattered. I'm just glad that they did indeed get him. If not for that camera, he very well might have completely have gotten away with it. And I don't think anyone doubts that if he did this once, he would do it again.
A couple points..

He did not pick a spot to abduct her where nobody could see. There is absolutely nowhere along 385th Ave that isn’t right out in the open and highly visible. I wouldn’t say that road gets “a lot” of traffic but it certainly gets a fair amount.

I don’t know that it would be common for a farm worker to have a knife in the car, but it’s not common for an illegal trying to stay under the DHS radar to have a knife in the car.

But still, I firmly believe that he did not set out to kill Mollie or anyone else. Sexual harassment, definitely. But without knowing what happened from there we can’t just fill in the blanks with our darkest thoughts.

I think he told us exactly what happened. Something to the effect of she said she was going to call the police and it made him angry. Hell of an understatement, but maybe 100% accurate.

Thank you. The reason I asked is there is a property on 200th that was of interest to me but I can't remember why I began that search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member