CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ikr. i just read that this morning and said " i called it!".

But who knows, it could've been perp (who watched too many "48 hour" shows) and thought maybe bring the phone up there just to get that last loc ping.. then smash it just to set up a scenario.
I wonder if LE divulge the time of that last ping. That would help with the timeline and offer more insight.

If it was say early Friday morning, it can be a slim chance that MM was hiking, BUT then again it was her daughters big bday trip weekend to Big Bear. Common sense, IMO, would be to prepare for the trip and every minute for prep is important. Maricris stated, when she went to the home on Saturday, there were no signs of anybody had packed.

If last ping was late thurday night, that definitely would be suspicious. Out walking in the middle of the night in an abandoned golf course, where the only accessible entrance is a long dark back trail from the rear of the course?

MOO and amateur speculation
Just a reminder that cells pings are not super accurate. Cell towers “load balance” when there is heavy traffic and will divert to a cell tower that is “less loaded”. So the ping shouldn’t be ignored, but isn’t absolute.

amateur opinion and speculation

Any incriminating evidence they found has to be enough to make a case before there is an arrest. If the case isn’t strong enough and the person on trial is acquitted, there are no second chances. LE taking time to build a solid case is important, even if it tries our patience. A “no body” case requires extra care.

The kids are a big worry, but we saw in the Powell case what can happen when a spouse feels backed into a corner, so all we can do is hope for the best. I’m sure LE is keeping that in mind.
JMO

What I always tell our local cops who call me to run a case by me is YOU need probable cause to arrest but I need beyond a reasonable doubt to convict. If I don’t have that, I will not file. It’s not worth the risk. We only get one shot.

It's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Just my opinion, LE should give them better clues. Maya's Family has done just about everything they can. They need more from LE. This case needs to move forward. I find it hard to believe LE doesn't have some solid evidence, but they must be holding out until her body is found. The reasonable doubt would always be that she could've run off voluntarily. So, LE needs to
do more to help find the body.
All JMO and frustration.

It's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Just my opinion, LE should give them better clues. Maya's Family has done just about everything they can. They need more from LE. This case needs to move forward. I find it hard to believe LE doesn't have some solid evidence, but they must be holding out until her body is found. The reasonable doubt would always be that she could've run off voluntarily. So, LE needs to
do more to help find the body.
All JMO and frustration.
It is a supremely frustrating case, that is for sure. It's always difficult to see what we speculate to be the Perp seemingly cackling with evil delight, and thumbing their nose at LE.

However, IMO, LE simply can't tip their hand on suspected dumping sites that are prime for search. The Perp would quickly dispatch their henchmen to "sanitize" the spot if it's accurate. Of course we would hope for surveillance, but given the shoestring resources of LE, not a given.

I follow another case with a similar scenario (Perp is known, but LE can't act....yet). The family in that situation is split; half are vocally bashing LE, and the other half are steadfastly supporting LE's approach. All I can say is that IMHO, there is *zero* to be gained by not being in lock step with LE, and standing down when they make that request.

Patience....so, so hard, but so so necessary for the right outcome.

All just amateur opinion and speculation of course!

...However, IMO, LE simply can't tip their hand on suspected dumping sites that are prime for search. The Perp would quickly dispatch their henchmen to "sanitize" the spot if it's accurate.
Yes, but it seems unnecessary to divulge the site where they got a ping, but not the time. I'm just frustrated not knowing if LE actually has a clue. All these old sayings are coming in handy in my frustration like "needle in a haystack". Watching Maya's Family "go on a wild goose chase" for this long is heartbreaking. I'm astounded that no arrest is possible yet. Someone did that thorough of a cover up? All JMO, of course.

Yes, but it seems unnecessary to divulge the site where they got a ping, but not the time. I'm just frustrated not knowing if LE actually has a clue. All these old sayings are coming in handy in my frustration like "needle in a haystack". Watching Maya's Family "go on a wild goose chase" for this long is heartbreaking. I'm astounded that no arrest is possible yet. Someone did that thorough of a cover up? All JMO, of course.
Yes, I share the sentiments you expressed.
I think LE knows a great deal. I think sifting through the vast amounts of data including video samples is likely what is taking the time. Since agencies are involved, more sophisticated technologies will be leveraged, which is great. L-boy can have his attorney deflect away, science will win.

All allegedly, and amateur opinion and speculation

I too think it’s just a matter of time. It’s even likely they have enough for an arrest but need to make sure that there’s enough for a solid conviction. In no body murder cases they can’t shoot for less. I have a feeling that it might be awhile, but they will secure justice. Just can’t wait til those kids are out safe and sound for good!

I would be singing a much different tune if I were a family member.. I might be ripping my hair out and pointing fingers in agony!
Moo.

Missing California woman's family angered detectives now asking relatives for help with investigation

June 14
The family
of a missing San Diego-area woman who vanished in January voiced anger toward detectives who recently asked her friends and relatives to help with the investigation, nearly six months later.

Last week, detectives called Maya's family and friends to come in and help with the investigation, striking cord with Drouaillet.

"It angers us in a way,"
Maricris Drouaillet told FOX affiliate KSWB, the Fox-affiliated TV station in San Diego, "I just feel… let down. (It's) Frustrating and heartbreaking for us, the family, that they've just now doing that after five, almost six months….they could have done that at the beginning."

Just a reminder that cells pings are not super accurate. Cell towers “load balance” when there is heavy traffic and will divert to a cell tower that is “less loaded”. So the ping shouldn’t be ignored, but isn’t absolute.

This is true, however GPS on your cell will take you to within a 50 foot radius.

Pings may not be absolute, but Google Maps Location History just showed me exactly - and I mean exactly - where I've been for the last 30 days. I knew "they" kept this data, but I had not seen it in graphic form until now. Wow! I am clearly a creature of habit, much to my dismay. I would be easy to find, should I go missing! I'm sure this is a good thing. Maybe.
a055.gif

In case its not, here's how to turn it off:

Google Maps Timeline - Computer - Google Maps Help

Turn on or pause Location History
When you turn on Location History, Google records your location data and places in your Google Account, even when you're not using Google Maps. To turn on or pause your Location History, follow the steps below:

1. On your computer, go to Timeline.
  2. Click Settings
    p3J-ZSPOLtuBBR_ofWTFDfdgAYQgi8mR5c76ie8XQ2wjegk7-yyU5zdRVHKybQgUlQ=w36-h36
    QbWcYKta5vh_4-OgUeFmK-JOB0YgLLoGh69P478nE6mKdfpWQniiBabjF7FVoCVXI0g=h36
    Enable Location History or Pause Location History.
Learn more about how to manage your Location History.

Hopefully, LE has access to the same data for Maya, and it is telling them what they need to know to find her.

Pings may not be absolute, but Google Maps Location History just showed me exactly - and I mean exactly - where I've been for the last 30 days. I knew "they" kept this data, but I had not seen it in graphic form until now. Wow! I am clearly a creature of habit, much to my dismay. I would be easy to find, should I go missing! I'm sure this is a good thing. Maybe.
a055.gif

In case its not, here's how to turn it off:

Google Maps Timeline - Computer - Google Maps Help

Turn on or pause Location History
When you turn on Location History, Google records your location data and places in your Google Account, even when you're not using Google Maps. To turn on or pause your Location History, follow the steps below:

1. On your computer, go to Timeline.
  2. Click Settings
    p3J-ZSPOLtuBBR_ofWTFDfdgAYQgi8mR5c76ie8XQ2wjegk7-yyU5zdRVHKybQgUlQ=w36-h36
    QbWcYKta5vh_4-OgUeFmK-JOB0YgLLoGh69P478nE6mKdfpWQniiBabjF7FVoCVXI0g=h36
    Enable Location History or Pause Location History.
Learn more about how to manage your Location History.

Hopefully, LE has access to the same data for Maya, and it is telling them what they need to know to find her.
Reinforces that if you're not paying for something....YOU are the product!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Husband of missing mother claims CVPD ‘held me for 6 hours’

Husband of missing mother claims CVPD ‘held me for 6 hours’ | cbs8.com

The husband of missing mother, Maya Millete, is firing back against his in-laws, the Chula Vista Police Department, and the authorities who filed a temporary gun violence restraining order (GVRO) against him.

“…my wife's family and their attorney have been appearing on television uttering statements implying and highly suggesting to the public and the media that I am to be blamed for [Maya's] six-month long disappearance,” Millete wrote in the declaration. “I am not a suspect according to the police authorities, but nevertheless, the Chula Vista police have searched my home twice.”

Millete also argued he needs the guns to protect his family because he currently is receiving death threats and accusatory notes.

If Mr. Millete is worried about threats, his children should NOT be in that home. As a loving father (cough...), I'm sure he will want to move them to a safe relatives home while he gets his life in order. (cough...)

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member