Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe someone wouldn't remember where they stopped when something so traumatic happened as your daughter running away and the panic that a normal parent would feel.
I agree. That incident would be etched on the memory, revisited, honed, brought into sharp focus and nailed down by now given the enormity of the situation. That was allegedly the last sighting of BW alive yet he couldn't say where that was despite having an intimate knowledge of the area.

I agree. That incident would be etched on the memory, revisited, honed, brought into sharp focus and nailed down by now given the enormity of the situation. That was allegedly the last sighting of BW alive yet he couldn't say where that was despite having an intimate knowledge of the area.

Yes.And the first area you would go back to and search for her.

I think dropping the murder charge against her could aid her defence. Police aren't confident she knew Bee was going to be killed, so why should the jury believe she immediately just accepted she was dead and helped him? That fits more with believing Scott's story she ran away and sending texts from her phone to give the appearance of smoothing over any fights they had had the week before.

The CPS has screwed this up IMO. It seems more likely to me that SaW sent him out to murder her, especially sending ScW to pick her up and still not returning her phone to her.

It makes me furious since she's in court anyway. What's the harm with letting a jury decide whether they proved it or not, they can't bring charges later.
I agree. There is a captain and a foot soldier. Those who give the orders should be equally accountable.

I would really like to know who witness Number 1 is.
I think it's most likely this police officer, because of the report from yesterday -

"DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Investigations Unit, gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not."
Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s dad ‘didn’t know’ where Bernadette got out of car, jury told

So she admits to the new boyfriend that Bernadette doesn’t have her phone. I wonder then if he said something to police when she later went on to say Bernadette had texted her after she “went missing”

Quick edit: Also confirms the grandparents are SW’s parents

Why on earth would she tell the new boyfriend that Bernie did not have her phone ?

I wonder if he will appear as a prosecution witness.

Why on earth would she tell the new boyfriend that Bernie did not have her phone ?

I wonder if he will appear as a prosecution witness.
I don’t know. It’s bizarre. I did think maybe this was before she decided to send messages pretending to be Bernadette but then 30 seconds later she changes her gmail password. Which I also find bizarre.

Why change someone else's passwords if they've gone to stay at a friend's house, unless that person hasn't done that and they won't be using those accounts ever again. And to use 'Chris' in the new password ffs!

All this phone activity - without BW present - is very damning. How is the defence going to explain it away?
But also you wouldn't expect it to happen so quickly if SaW only just learned Bee was dead. That would not be something you would think of doing instantly, being told she's run away or been murdered. If SaW thought she had run away she would know that Bee could go to a friend, or the police, and tell everyone her mum has her phone, so it achieves nothing.

Amid all of the horror of this, the blaming of Bernadette for 'not coming home' is just awful. The brother perpetuating the idea that his sister is in hiding is one thing - he is possibly trying to cling on to a thread of hope (although as details emerge, I'm feeling my view shifting a little on this: is this also a loving son's attempt at propping up SW's story?) - but all of the begging and pleading for Bea to come home, and what she is putting the family through, is horrific. Victim blaming on a whole new level.
I tend to agree with you about the brother now. I think he is desperately trying to prop up his Mothers story IMO. Even now with the trial started he is adamant BW is alive and hiding and urging everyone to keep sharing her missing poster. Also mentions the reward! He keeps repeating that there is no forensic evidence .If he is sure that she is alive that must also mean that he he believes his Father/ stepfather to be innocent ?
He is forbidding anyone to mention the trial on her missing group too! Surely he is following it /attending the trial? He will have seen/heard the evidence so far as we have.? If he truly believes she is alive I think he is in for a nasty shock. If they are found guilty will he still be in denial?

I wonder what the boyfriend thought when he heard Bernadette was texting to Sarah when she didn't have her phone? Chris dodged a bullet with that relationship although his reputation is now shot with his love life being played out in court. MOO

I tend to agree with you about the brother now. I think he is desperately trying to prop up his Mothers story IMO. Even now with the trial started he is adamant BW is alive and hiding and urging everyone to keep sharing her missing poster. Also mentions the reward! He keeps repeating that there is no forensic evidence .If he is sure that she is alive that must also mean that he he believes his Father/ stepfather to be innocent ?
He is forbidding anyone to mention the trial on her missing group too! Surely he is following it /attending the trial? He will have seen/heard the evidence so far as we have.? If he truly believes she is alive I think he is in for a nasty shock. If they are found guilty will he still be in denial?

I think he believes she will come back after the trial

So SW was already tampering with Bernadette's social media accounts, just as SW was still heading over to pick Bernadette up? She was still alive, but the plan had been decided between the pair of them?

That decision to drop the charge of joint enterprise is looking ever more baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77