Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with you about the brother now. I think he is desperately trying to prop up his Mothers story IMO. Even now with the trial started he is adamant BW is alive and hiding and urging everyone to keep sharing her missing poster. Also mentions the reward! He keeps repeating that there is no forensic evidence .If he is sure that she is alive that must also mean that he he believes his Father/ stepfather to be innocent ?
He is forbidding anyone to mention the trial on her missing group too! Surely he is following it /attending the trial? He will have seen/heard the evidence so far as we have.? If he truly believes she is alive I think he is in for a nasty shock. If they are found guilty will he still be in denial?
not sure he will be allowed in court if he is being called as a witness will he? I’m not sure how it all works so could be wrong

So she admits to the new boyfriend that Bernadette doesn’t have her phone. I wonder then if he said something to police when she later went on to say Bernadette had texted her after she “went missing”

Quick edit: Also confirms the grandparents are SW’s parents
That's a good point. Presumably, the boyfriend knew she was lying in the media and to police but deliberately said nothing. Can't wait for his evidence.

So SW was already tampering with Bernadette's social media accounts, just as SW was still heading over to pick Bernadette up? She was still alive, but the plan had been decided between the pair of them?

That decision to drop the charge of joint enterprise is looking ever more baffling.

How did Sarah know the original passwords to access all of these accounts?

did the stepfather force her to give them before murdering her?

If they were already saved and on booknarks on her phone, all anyone had to do was open it. For example, if someone took my phone right now they could access my FB, Twitter, Instagram - Websleuths! - all without needing any log in or password.

I tend to agree with you about the brother now. I think he is desperately trying to prop up his Mothers story IMO. Even now with the trial started he is adamant BW is alive and hiding and urging everyone to keep sharing her missing poster. Also mentions the reward! He keeps repeating that there is no forensic evidence .If he is sure that she is alive that must also mean that he he believes his Father/ stepfather to be innocent ?
He is forbidding anyone to mention the trial on her missing group too! Surely he is following it /attending the trial? He will have seen/heard the evidence so far as we have.? If he truly believes she is alive I think he is in for a nasty shock. If they are found guilty will he still be in denial?

Agree with you. I wonder how much more the family may have seen or heard or had suspicions about too.

To keep saying this girl is alive is very naive, imo, though I know it's an awful thing to contemplate that your sister is dead. But it is almost a year now and although we are in the first days still of the trial, the evidence alone about her bag, possessions and phone says she is deceased.

Last edited:
If they were already saved and on booknarks on her phone, all anyone had to do was open it. For example, if someone took my phone right now they could access my FB, Twitter, Instagram - Websleuths! - all without needing any log in or password.

Yes I know, mine too

but to change a password you need to know the original one in the first place not just have auto fill

I find the whole rucksack issue intriguing.

I agree that the contents of the rucksack seem more consistent with an overnight stay than for running away, and therefore less likely that BW placed it in the garage herself.

But if ScW/SaW placed it there, then what happened afterwards? Did they forget about it? Did they not search through it - why did they not find this note themselves? It was over six weeks between the incident and the arrests, plenty of time to have dealt with it...

So another possibility - does it serve some supportive purpose for either/both SaW and ScW's defence that we haven't quite worked out yet? Was it actually intended to be found? Was it known about by both ScW and SaW, or does it have a unilateral benefit? Are we sure, for instance, that these are BW's words, written by BW without duress, or is there another angle?

I'm sure there is far more to come on this bit.
Surely she took this rucksack with her for her overnight stay at grandparents ? So do not think she would have hidden it herself beforehand? It must of been left in the car after whatever was done to her. Maybe they did just forget it was in the lock up or did not expect to be arrested ?

I think dropping the murder charge against her could aid her defence. Police aren't confident she knew Bee was going to be killed, so why should the jury believe she immediately just accepted she was dead and helped him? That fits more with believing Scott's story she ran away and sending texts from her phone to give the appearance of smoothing over any fights they had had the week before.

The CPS has screwed this up IMO. It seems more likely to me that SaW sent him out to murder her, especially sending ScW to pick her up and still not returning her phone to her.

It makes me furious since she's in court anyway. What's the harm with letting a jury decide whether they proved it or not, they can't bring charges later.

I think the reason likely is that she was not present at the scene and they cannot prove that she knew about it in the first place. Also if any further evidence comes to light they can re charge her but if she's found not guilty now, they cant.

Is it remotely possible this whole case is a (very sick) hoax concocted by some members of the family?
I have no idea why. Perhaps to claim compensation 'if/when' Bernadette returns alive and unhurt saying 'I just ran away for a while'.
I'm sure this probably NOT the case, but a lot of things just aren't adding up.
I guess we will know more when the parents take the stand.
Praying Bernie is safe and well somewhere. MOO.

No I do not think it could possibly be a hoax. If it was it would have ended when they were arrested.

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 10:12
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:45 - 11:17
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:43
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 11:51
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 13:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:57
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 14:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:03

https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Cambridge-Crown-Court.php

finished for the day. hopefully we'll get another report covering this afternoon's evidence.

Mod Note:
Sleuthing is limited to those that have been arrested in this case. Multiple posts have been removed for the sleuthing of, and accusations toward family members. If you observe a post doing such, please use the Report link to let the team know. Continued violations can result in time outs, thread bans, or thread closures.

Thank you for taking steps to ensure your posts comply with the TOS which we all agreed to when joining WS.

As a reminder those can be found here: The Rules

All this mobile phone stuff is screaming 'pre-meditation' on both their behalves (to me).

Sarah never went into shock about Scott killing B, she went straight into the texting, gmail, Insta stuff....because she knew why Scott went out and that B wasn't coming back alive. The 9 minute phone call was more to say that the job's done, not to say "Oh my God I got so angry with her and got carried away, I'm so sorry, please forgive me as I truly didn't mean it to go that far". The latter would have left Sarah in too much shock to start the cover-up stuff immediately, but with the former that phone call confirmation means it's time to get covering up before they have to report B 'missing' to the police.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members