Identified! MD - Catoctin Mtn Park, Fem, El Salvador keychain, Jun'21 - Joanna Michelle Amaya (Dior Reyes)

A quick search showed a hispanic male (originally thought black) found in Cunningham Falls park a few years back. This one has an El Salvador keychain, so not out of the realm of possibility. Thurmont is close to Frederick, and Frederick is definitely a stop on the major highway drug corridor.

The picture of the keychain shows a sparkly cylinder, what is that? Also the only key on the ring looks like a key to a front door. Interesting that there aren’t more keys. My own key ring has like 10 keys on it from the house and car.

The picture of the keychain shows a sparkly cylinder, what is that? Also the only key on the ring looks like a key to a front door. Interesting that there aren’t more keys. My own key ring has like 10 keys on it from the house and car.

Looks like mace to me. I am wondering if this is possibly a college student without a vehicle or younger person that doesn't drive yet since the only key is a house key.

A quick search showed a hispanic male (originally thought black) found in Cunningham Falls park a few years back. This one has an El Salvador keychain, so not out of the realm of possibility. Thurmont is close to Frederick, and Frederick is definitely a stop on the major highway drug corridor.

The El Salvador keychain looks like a tourist thing to me.

FBI seeks ID of woman after skeletal remains found near Camp David in Maryland

The woman was wearing a black tracksuit and had long dark hair in braids

FBI investigators were attempting to identify the body of a woman whose remains were found near a hiking trail in Maryland around a mile from Camp David.

Hikers at Catoctin Mountain Park first found skeletal remains of one of the woman’s feet inside a red Nike sneaker Saturday afternoon. Her body – a skeleton -- was found by investigators nearby on Sunday. Her other foot and a hand were still missing, FOX 5 in Washington, D.C. reported.

No tissue remained on the body, which investigators said likely meant she had been there for between one and six months. She was also wearing light clothing, indicating the weather was warm when she died, according to The Washington Post.

FBI seeks ID of woman after skeletal remains found near Camp David in Maryland

FBI Baltimore hope keys will help identify body found at Catoctin Mountain Park

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Baltimore Field Office is hoping someone will be able to recognize a set of keys in order to identify the body of a woman found at Catoctin Mountain Park in Thurmont.

Officials say the a portion of an unidentified woman's body was found Saturday afternoon by hikers.

The cause of death is still pending an autopsy. Based on the condition of the body, it is unclear how long she was there.

...snipped

The woman had long, dark hair with braids and was wearing a black track suit, wrist guard and red Nike shoes. She was also found with a Puma handbag and a set of keys containing an El Salvador keychain.

keys-1623935357.jpg

More at link

I saw this on FOX news earlier and immediately thought, those keys will be critical in ID. Most folks who have keychains like this, they're gifts from kids, souveniers, etc. I used to have a HUGE amount of trinkets hanging off my keychain and my kids & hubby would be able to ID them in a heartbeat.

jmo

Is there reason to think this person may have been killed elsewhere and taken across state lines?

I ask this because the FBI is involved. Alternately, it could be because the victim was found so close to a resort for the US President, Camp David.

Is there reason to think this person may have been killed elsewhere and taken across state lines?

I ask this because the FBI is involved. Alternately, it could be because the victim was found so close to a resort for the US President, Camp David.

Catoctin Mountain is part of the national park system, so it's under federal jurisdiction and the FBI is the primary LE agency.

Catoctin Mountain Park (U.S. National Park Service)

i cant remember names, but there were several very young latinx men and a girl found in MD that were determined to be ms13 victims. very sad. they were usually buried in parks or woods.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back