Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not completely in the know when it comes to this particular case. I've heard there was some suspicion levied at Dep Pyne Gregory, since he didn't want to go down the dirt track where Thomas' car was located, and he happened to find Tom's remains at 2am while looking for deer antlers.

I suppose my question would be, if Gregory was guilty why did he uncover the location of Tom's remains instead of leaving them hidden?
It is difficult to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Especially if those shoes (person, lol) may have pertinent or incriminating information about a death case. I could imagine his conscience is getting to him. Maybe at 2am he had a few drinks in him. He knows enough time has gone by the Canadian elements would have ruined key evidence, at least with a body. So much time had gone by and I am sure many well meaning searchers or curiosity seekers also went through that area. It almost seems to me Tom was so well hidden he was like a needle in a haystack. Maybe someone also in the know told him it's time to make a discovery before someone else does. Canadian has a pop of some 2600 people but Pyne Gregory finds Tom in pitch darkness, alone, at 2am.

I don't even know what he was babbling about.
Thats....really interesting. He doesn't care the why, how, when and how his kid died?
Right. But he did bash Klein (the person trying to bring justice for Tom). And again, LE seems to focus on calling out Penny in particular to the point where sometimes I forget Tom has more than one parent. I find that to be fascinating. In a different interview, he talks about not being able to track Tom’s phone the night he disappeared, but he did make an interesting comment about resetting passwords that night. To be very clear, he did say Toby helped him with that.

It is difficult to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Especially if those shoes (person, lol) may have pertinent or incriminating information about a death case. I could imagine his conscience is getting to him. Maybe at 2am he had a few drinks in him. He knows enough time has gone by the Canadian elements would have ruined key evidence, at least with a body. So much time had gone by and I am sure many well meaning searchers or curiosity seekers also went through that area. It almost seems to me Tom was so well hidden he was like a needle in a haystack. Maybe someone also in the know told him it's time to make a discovery before someone else does. Canadian has a pop of some 2600 people but Pyne Gregory finds Tom in pitch darkness, alone, at 2am.

Fyi, the "2 am" was a typo in some earlier reports. Pyne Gregory found the remains during daylight hours.

Just in my mind (IMO), I have never thought that Pyne Gregory was implicated in Tom’s disappearance. He likes outdoors and hunting and therefor it would not be unusual for him to search for shed antlers while hiking. January 9 is typically a bit early to hunt for shed antlers; the most common timeframe for whitetail deer to drop antlers is late January and February …. maybe some as late as early March. Nonetheless, it is possible that sometimes deer shed antlers a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later.

Maybe Gregory had some information from a tip. Maybe he had some suspicion based on something he had seen or overheard and he was protecting his source by claiming that he was “screwing off looking for deer sheds”. Or, maybe he was simply looking for shed antlers when he discovered the remains, as he stated.

Fyi, the "2 am" was a typo in some earlier reports. Pyne Gregory found the remains during daylight hours.

Just in my mind (IMO), I have never thought that Pyne Gregory was implicated in Tom’s disappearance. He likes outdoors and hunting and therefor it would not be unusual for him to search for shed antlers while hiking. January 9 is typically a bit early to hunt for shed antlers; the most common timeframe for whitetail deer to drop antlers is late January and February …. maybe some as late as early March. Nonetheless, it is possible that sometimes deer shed antlers a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later.

Maybe Gregory had some information from a tip. Maybe he had some suspicion based on something he had seen or overheard and he was protecting his source by claiming that he was “screwing off looking for deer sheds”. Or, maybe he was simply looking for shed antlers when he discovered the remains, as he stated.
What was Mr Gregory's work shift on Nov 23, 2016? I could be mistaken but his shift was smack in the middle of when Tom went missing and a red Durango was seen on his beat's town surveillance in the early morning hours with a drastically reduced, just filled, gas tank passing by on duty LE. If he is not involved he has an uncanny knack for being in the wrong places at the wrong times. Just my opinion.

What was Mr Gregory's work shift on Nov 23, 2016? I could be mistaken but his shift was smack in the middle of when Tom went missing and a red Durango was seen on his beat's town surveillance in the early morning hours with a drastically reduced, just filled, gas tank passing by on duty LE. If he is not involved he has an uncanny knack for being in the wrong places at the wrong times. Just my opinion.

I understand. No doubt there have been some very unusual "coincidences" with this case, beginning at around 11:40 pm on November 23. I believe that a true coincidence is very, very rare. Then when I see a number of "coincidences" time and time again, I have to begin thinking they are not actually coincidental.

A mystery to me. However, I don't think there are any apps that will reset an iPhone pass code remotely. Maybe he had to reset the password on a "Find My Phone" app that he could then use to locate Tom's phone ..... if it had been turned on. I have a similar app as part of a McAfee package.
I appreciate your response, but my understanding is that he would need Tom's credentials or another one of Tom's devices (already signed in with Tom's credentials) to use that type of functionality. He couldn't sign in using his own credentials to find Tom's phone.

I appreciate your response, but my understanding is that he would need Tom's credentials or another one of Tom's devices (already signed in with Tom's credentials) to use that type of functionality. He couldn't sign in using his own credentials to find Tom's phone.

Tom's dad was paying for the phone service and the phone was on his dad's account. Under the "settings", the phone must be set to allow to be found. I can use the FindMyPhone app to locate my phone, wife's phone, or either of our iPads. I just sign in to the app then select from the list which device I want to find.

Tom's dad was paying for the phone service and the phone was on his dad's account. Under the "settings", the phone must be set to allow to be found. I can use the FindMyPhone app to locate my phone, wife's phone, or either of our iPads. I just sign in to the app then select from the list which device I want to find.
Very interesting. All of it.

What was the motive? I've read someone theorize he got propositioned by a gay cop who murdered him after getting rejected, but it sounds like idle speculation.

What was the motive? I've read someone theorize he got propositioned by a gay cop who murdered him after getting rejected, but it sounds like idle speculation.

There is no motive known .... at least as known to the "public" at this point. Some theories regarding motive have been logical and somewhat based upon what is known as fact. However, there are a few of the "speculated motive theories" that I have read/heard are pretty far out in bizarre territory, IMO.

I brought it up because of the info contained in the quote here that said Klein had a tip regarding it. The original post I quoted seem to pretty particularly identify the same truck with an identifiable white tool case as well. Just wonder if it was a legit tip if Klein should know of the match to the google image the poster-@travispa- up thread found.
Klein put out a statement asking for information about the F250 and when I asked him a question about it his response was that it turned out to be Tucker’s truck, which is not true.

Klein put out a statement asking for information about the F250 and when I asked him a question about it his response was that it turned out to be Tucker’s truck, which is not true.
Whoa! That is very interesting. It would not be difficult to find the owner/driver of said truck in a small town like Canadian and definitely using DMV records. Even a decade old F250 probably has internal GPS Navigation that can be downloaded. In the Dan Markel murder investigators were able to track a rented Prius from Miami through Tallahassee. In the Heather Elvis disappearance the Moorers tampered with their new truck's internal GPS but could still forensically put them near the crime scene with other evidence.

I can be dense. What are you saying? That Klein is lying, uniformed......

I took it to mean Mr Klein is concealing the true identity of the truck's owner/driver. My opinion. I think I remember a cousin in Tom's family who drove a truck claimed to see Thomas pumping gas at Fronk's and did tell Penny but then recanted story. I think I remember cousin's truck being described as being jacked up or something similar. I'm not implying anything here. I am not even sure about that. We are talking about years of reading updates on Tom's case. I could be completely wrong.

No I was not implying he was lying and I went back and searched and I found where Klein posted the question, but not where he posted the answer. I apologize I could be wrong about the answer I received.

Attachments

• 4FC673A6-2DD6-4EBD-8557-FC03A426DDFC.png
    4FC673A6-2DD6-4EBD-8557-FC03A426DDFC.png
    507.5 KB · Views: 36
No I was not implying he was lying and I went back and searched and I found where Klein posted the question, but not where he posted the answer. I apologize I could be wrong about the answer I received.
OK. No problem. I was just wondering if there was another meaning there. Thanks for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong