Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #136

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parabon is the one specifically listed in the link, yes. That's who it seems they specifically partner with.

My wording was not good, my point was more it's not as easy as plug-and-play with DNA (assuming they even have the correct DNA or enough of it etc etc) thank you for clarifying.

(Apologies for the double post earlier, I'm new so still learning the ins and outs of the forum!)

Your point is well-taken that genetic genealogy is not going to work in every case and the result is not always the end-all-be-all. It has to be confirmed through additional testing and ideally, confirmatory evidence.

Seems like a very unproductive and/or unnecessary "interview". It appears like he was going through the motions to placate the press.

there was a lot of media on this JBC case..like tons..and the family came out and talked...it's like they can still talk...and people could still come forward and perpetuate the conversation but it's like a full press clamp-down.

people want answers..people are still interested..

I find it extremely odd. mOO
I find it odd, too, that the families of Libby and Abby are so insistent on Chadwell not being a suspect. It’s almost as if they’ve been instructed to say so. Protesting too much. But that’s my own opinion only.

Seems like a very unproductive and/or unnecessary "interview". It appears like he was going through the motions to placate the press.

I got the same impression. Now that ive read through it fully it does feel like he was just going through the motions. Some of the questions were a bit odd too like the one about whether or not he hosted a bbq for HLN...

I got the same impression. Now that ive read through it fully it does feel like he was just going through the motions. Some of the questions were a bit odd too like the one about whether or not he hosted a bbq for HLN...
It was so lame I didn't even get that far. That is very weird indeed.

there was a lot of media on this JBC case..like tons..and the family came out and talked...it's like they can still talk...and people could still come forward and perpetuate the conversation but it's like a full press clamp-down.

people want answers..people are still interested..

I find it extremely odd. mOO

It took five months for LE to finally declare they weren’t much interested in DN.

It took five months for LE to finally declare they weren’t much interested in DN.

I'd imagine, if they don't really have a particular suspect in mind, that they're a lot like we are here, but with much more information at hand. I'm imagining heated internal debates arguing many of the points we see here on a day-to-day basis, with nothing trickling out until a consensus is reached.

This is where I keep getting confused. The question is (paraphrasing...) What do you need from the public? The answer: "The person specifically responsible for Abby and Libby’s death." But then goes on to say they'll know that "one piece" when they see it. So I infer from that, that the "one piece" is the identity of the killer. But then again, its a strange way to phrase things if what they want is a name. This case really gets my head all jumbled up. Whatever the case may be, I sure hope those girls get the justice they deserve. Whole thing just breaks my heart...

Just my thoughts…..Somebody comes forward with a name, LE naturally would want to know WHY this person may be the killer. So the tipster responds with “Well he told me that….” or “I happened to notice on Feb 13th that he……”. It’s the context of that explanation, that reason why the tipster is suspicious, how LE will know the person being tipped is the one right piece when they see it through matching up holdback evidence which the public is unaware of. JMO

There is, IMO, just no reason for the general public to be informed of all the things that might help LE solve the case and prosecutors get a conviction. And at worst, some morons might use the information unwisely--as in copycat events. MHO only but releasing details isn't going to help anything except some public morbid curiosity. Just MHO.

Snipped first focus.

Bullseye!!

moo.

I think it's shortsighted to say that LE should tell the outcome of the inquiry into the car. Perhaps if they thoroughly looked into it and found that there was absolutely no chance of a connection, then I could maybe see the point in updating that they closed that avenue. (Though I can also see points against it, such as to protect against finding out later that the investigation was faulty or to guard against harmful rumors in the community.)

But what if they investigated and found that the vehicle is still germane to their evidence? If that's the case, then, as someone interested in seeing this case solved no matter how long it may take, I don't need or want an update.

In my opinion, I think time matters when solving cases because people get old. People die. Landscapes and locations change. Life goes on for everyone involved too.

If there is something that can be done to solve a case quicker that does not jeopardize the trial, then I think LE should do that.

LE simply wants to keep every avenue open to tips because they have no idea who this person is who murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German. That is why their investigation seems so broad.

In my opinion, in an investigation time matters. Figuring out who the person is after they are dead, or solving the crime after the parents of a victim have died would leave me feeling sort of disappointed, even if the case was solved.

Every day that passes in this case makes the prediction by Abby's mom back in 2017 seem truer.

If there is something that can be done to solve a case quicker that does not jeopardize the trial, then I think LE should do that.

Snipped by me...

What's that old adage....Good/Fast/Cheap - you can only pick two?

I think in the case of some investigations, especially if there's not a great deal of luck for investigators at play, you can only choose between "solving" fast (though LE may pick the wrong person; or, they get the right person but damage some of the admissibility of the evidence) or solving well, i.e. with an airtight case and the right person.

In the days before DNA evidence, I think it was easier to "solve" them fast.

I find it odd, too, that the families of Libby and Abby are so insistent on Chadwell not being a suspect. It’s almost as if they’ve been instructed to say so. Protesting too much. But that’s my own opinion only.

Perhaps they know JBC is not involved? IF this were the case, I understand completely why the families don't want JBC to be the focus of so much attention. It could potentially dissuade someone from calling in a tip that may lead to BG. In a sense, if someone suspects they may have valid information, they now don't need to report it. (LE has already caught their man).

There have been many, many individuals (that look like BG) LE is far more interested in. They just don't announce it to the public. Just like they haven't announced every search warrant, every DNA sample collected, and every person they have questioned. Believe me when I say there have more than just a few.

LE has much more information than we do, and they are not obligated to release it to anyone. I can almost guarantee that JBC has already been questioned about Abby and Libby, and his DNA has been collected. If JBC were "the man" responsible, LE would not wait to make an arrest- even for another case to be resolved first. IMO, JBC has much less importance to LE than he does the public.

I used to do a lot of long runs training for marathons. You can do a lot with a couple of bottles of Gatorade in a belt holster and perhaps some cash for a convenience store refill. It's not that unthinkable for a young, fit guy to walk 24 miles, especially if he's planned it and has good shoes, carb snacks, and liquids. Or he can just hit a convenience store or two along the way.

But I doubt if you plan a murder where you walk 24 miles from the murder scene back to your house. Just for one thing, if you also walk TO the murder site, now it's a 48 mile hike, round trip. And BG had no way of knowing anyone of interest would be at the bridge that day.

He'd have to conserve some energy in order to do what he did.

JMO

maybe they are insistent cause this ( tattoo guy ) thing has ridiculously blown out of proportion without any valid reason ? there has been recently a fight on tiktok.. with lots of ignorant users saying the case has been solved and closed.. that's what SM does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member