Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
… messages were sent from Bernadette’s handset to her mum, Sarah Walker’s phone at 3.33pm.

At the time Scott Walker’s handset was located at the lock up, while Sarah Walker’s phone was at a friend’s home on Padholme Road. Bernadette’s phone was located in the Westwood area of the city near the prison.

… At 3.45pm, Scott Walker sent a photo and a text message to his step father, and CCTV showed his Mercedes van leaving the garage at 3.58pm.

… A message from Sarah’s phone replied at 4.27pm: “OK, I’ve deleted everything. What do you want to tell me x”

Quote modified for sequencing…

Interesting, at 3:33pm the three phones were in different locations, but I note there was no activity from SaW’s phone until 55 mins later.

Is “the lockup” and “the garage” the same place - in which case we would seem to know ScW’s whereabouts at this time.

So had SaW left her phone at the friend’s house (who may or may not have known that it was there), and taken BW’s phone elsewhere (Westwood) to send the message, then headed back to Padholme Road to reply? Or was someone else involved?

Does the geography fit with the timeline?

Like if they live on really big land, he could've taken her out there the night before to stay the night, act like he leaves but really, gone out somewhere on their land and dug a hole? JMO but totally plausable.

Yes I agree. I think he could've gone out and dug a grave in the days before. I also think there may be clues in some of his photography photos of woodland and abandoned buildings on his social media accounts. Killers will often hide bodies in places they are familiar with. All MOO

The Crown Court
at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 17 June 2021
FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1

Mrs Justice McGowan

Central Criminal Court case, to be heard in Cambridge CC 9.30

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207197 WALKER Scott
T1729420 WALKER Sarah

… At 3.45pm, Scott Walker sent a photo and a text message to his step father, and CCTV showed his Mercedes van leaving the garage at 3.58pm.

I thought BW was overnighting with her paternal "grandparents", therefore as ScW is the step-father to BW, I guess they could be termed BW's step-grandparents. However, I had always understood them to being ScW's parents.

This photo and message is identified as being to ScW's step-father. This implies ScW's bio-parents separated and that his bio-mother remarried (or "recoupled") at some point in the past, perhaps even dating back to ScW's childhood.

I don't believe we know whether BW was with ScW's bio-mother and partner, or his bio-father and partner.

As a consequence, this photo and text message was not necessarily to the same couple with whom BW was staying.

Perhaps irrelevant, but an observation nonetheless.

Last edited:
I wish they gave more detail, from my above link: "The phone left the lock up at 3am, and a photo was taken of a male face on the phone at 3am and 47 seconds - the photo was taken at the junction of Fane Road and Fulbridge Road."

... and just after that:
"Ms Wilding said the phone then appeared to travel to the Gunthorpe area of the city.
At 3.08am, eight steps were recorded on Scott’s phone, and the phone was connected to a cell site in Gunthorpe for almost two hours and 20 minutes, from 3.06am until 5.23am.
Ms Wilding said GPS data put Scott’s phone in the vicinity of Ulldale Way for that period - and he returned to the lock up garage at 5.37am, when 86 steps were recorded on the phone.
"

There is no mention of any steps recorded between 3.06am and 5.23am, and the phone was connected to the same cell site throughout. The inference is that the phone was not on ScW's person, otherwise it would have tracked activity (or he was sleeping).

As a thought, could the eight steps be ScW placing the phone somewhere out of the car whilst he went somewhere else?

There is no mention of any steps recorded between 3.06am and 5.23am, and the phone was connected to the same cell site throughout. The inference is that the phone was not on ScW's person, otherwise it would have tracked activity (or he was sleeping).

As a thought, could the eight steps be ScW placing the phone somewhere out of the car whilst he went somewhere else?

I think this is significant- in my opinion eight steps would be from the front of the car to the boot - where the phone was then left for the 2 hours 20 minutes. What did he go to the boot for?

I wish they gave more detail, from my above link: "The phone left the lock up at 3am, and a photo was taken of a male face on the phone at 3am and 47 seconds - the photo was taken at the junction of Fane Road and Fulbridge Road."

There is a church with a sizeable graveyard at this junction, and lots of tree cover. I wonder whether this has some relevance in any way...?

I also would be interested to know how long ScW has owned/rented the lockup on Montagu Road, which is an extension of Fane Road. Is this perhaps a part of the plot?

It's supposition (by me if not LE) that SaW's phone recording footsteps 10 mins after they left the service station was disposal. It might have been her standing next to the car throwing up for 6 minutes. They had an hour and a half with phones off to get back to Century Square without the body. Deep water is an instant grave and there are lots of accessible places you could get a car close to the water within that time frame, although many of the drains in the area are quite shallow. You'd have to be thinking of deep drain sections, the River Welland, or a flooded quarry site. Burial, in excess of a shallow grave, in open countryside or secluded location is much more secure but it was a dark night, requires effort, and takes longer so the risk of being seen would be greater. Unless she'd been bound up in a ball, rigor mortis might by then have forced even greater burial effort. Alternatively, did ScW have knowledge of a safe location we don't know about?

And who has the new baby while this is going on, unless she's in the car with them? How do you explain dead of night absence to someone babysitting your frequently awake and feeding baby?
Good point about the new baby. Also the other young children at home? Were there other older siblings living at home? If so were they not curious about the late night trip? I wonder if the police questioned them ?

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 10:11​

So we've not gone straight back into the Prosecution case today - I wonder what's up...!

Legal Submissions: Legal technicalities are under discussion either within the court (where the jury may have to be removed) or the chambers. The Prosecution and/or the Defence Counsel may be addressing the judge. Under some circumstances the public may be denied access to the court until the submissions are complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member