AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That presser did not give me the warm fuzzies at all. I missed the very beginning, but the Sheriff's tone when speaking of everyone is a person of interest and nothing is off the table gave me the shivers. He also spoke to the fact that one team is working on SAR and the other is covering everything else - dotting i's and crossing t's. :(
bbm
I think he is preparing himself for the worst scenario. :(

They said that they have searched a 1 mile radius around the home, on land, by air, fixed wing and helicopter and 4 dog teams, by the end of today they should have covered a 2 mile radius.

That's quite the distance for a 5 year old, late in the day, she'd be hungry, thirsty and tired, if she hadn't had an accident in that time. She seems like a tough little girl but I think I'm kidding myself hoping it will be one of those rare times they find them huddled in the undergrowth. We've been here so many times before... Reports about who saw her last and when, very vague. They said she was reported missing at 18:30 but they don't know what time she went missing as the parents were searching for her?

2 investigations running side by side, I think we all know which one is the focus :(

Mod Note:

This thread is now re-opened. Pages of posts have been removed for TOS violations. Most were specifically discussing non-approved social media sources such as family members TikTok videos, FB pages, and FB pages of non-approved groups. Additionally, Summer is missing, let’s not focus on the length of her hair, or reason why it is cut a certain way.

Please keep in mind, family members are considered victims unless LE states otherwise at some point in the search/investigation.

Complete List of Rules

Some Key Social Media Rules:
No names or images of minor children are allowed unless they are the victim under discussion (i.e. deceased or missing child)

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
-Family members of either a victim or a suspect
-Friends of either a victim or a suspect
-Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

AMBER ALERT: Search remains ongoing for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl

[...]

Nineteen agencies are part of the search for Wells, officials said at a news briefing Thursday afternoon. The Amber Alert remains active for Wells.

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said Wells' parents reported her missing around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, but authorities do not know exactly when she was last seen.

Sheriff Lawson added that Wells' father has a criminal history but it is not relevant to this case.

Search continues for 5-year-old still missing in Tennessee

Tim Coup, incident commander of ground search operations, said between 80 and 100 people are searching on the ground in addition to aerial aviation, drones and four different K9 units. But he said those efforts have been hindered by “steep and dangerous terrain,” including dense canopy coverage and ground cover.

[…]

As of Thursday afternoon, Coup said search teams on the ground have covered a one-mile radius around the house. They’re hoping to reach two miles by the end of the day Thursday.

[…]

The sheriff said Summer lives with three older siblings and her biological parents and “finding her is first and foremost.”

Tennessee AMBER Alert: TBI receives 50 leads in search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells

The TBI has received approximately 50 leads in the search for Summer, but none of the tips have panned out so far.

“The circumstances surrounding Summer’s disappearance remain unclear,” TBI Spokesperson Leslie Earhart said at a Thursday news briefing. Adding, “The longer this goes, the more concerned we get.”

[…]

At this time, there are no official suspects or persons of interest in the disappearance.

“Everybody’s a person of interest until we find Summer,” Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said. “The most important thing is that we find Summer.”

They said that they have searched a 1 mile radius around the home, on land, by air, fixed wing and helicopter and 4 dog teams, by the end of today they should have covered a 2 mile radius.

That's quite the distance for a 5 year old, late in the day, she'd be hungry, thirsty and tired, if she hadn't had an accident in that time. She seems like a tough little girl but I think I'm kidding myself hoping it will be one of those rare times they find them huddled in the undergrowth. We've been here so many times before... Reports about who saw her last and when, very vague. They said she was reported missing at 18:30 but they don't know what time she went missing as the parents were searching for her?

2 investigations running side by side, I think we all know which one is the focus :(

I think it is important to remember, especially here in Tennessee, that small children can travel much, much further than we think. Noah Chamberlin was found deceased outside the search radius in 2016.

An adult case that comes to mind is that of Kevin Hamby, whose remains were just found this year here in Tennessee, again just outside the search radius!

I think it is important to remember, especially here in Tennessee, that small children can travel much, much further than we think. Noah Chamberlin was found deceased outside the search radius in 2016.

An adult case that comes to mind is that of Kevin Hamby, whose remains were just found this year here in Tennessee, again just outside the search radius!
Agreed. Especially if she got scared and started running. It wouldve got dark a few hours after she was reported missing. Rural area so there could be dogs running loose or other animals. Not to mention, we dont know when she went missing. Police were called at 630 but that does not mean that is when she was last seen.

https://kyem.ky.gov/Who We Are/Documents/SAR Field Search Methods.pdf

An interesting read on search methods. In ot it says it takes a search team roughly 3.5 hours per mile. So for them to have only covered that thus far, speaks highly to the difficult terrain. What it doesn’t say, and a question I have, is do you always work from point A outwards. Or do you split the searchers and work until you meet in the middle. I keep thinking about how it was previously mentioned that Noah Chamberlain was found outside the search area. Like what if half the team starts 5 miles out and they meet the other team at 2.5? Does anyone here have more info on the logistics of searches?

Yes that is true, I remember the search for Noah. Ok, so if she made it outside that radius and is unharmed, how long do they have to find her before it's too late? It's been dry I read, no rain. Lows of around 50 degrees at night? A quick Google brought me to this Could Your Child Survive Alone in the Woods?

Two Sisters aged 5 and 8 survived 44 hours (in freezing temps). It may help to know exactly what time Summer was last seen leaving the house, but we don't have that. The Sheriff said she was reported missing at 18:30 so we are at just over 45 hours.

[URL='https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation']Tennessee Bureau of Investigation@TBInvestigation
Replying to @TBInvestigation[/URL]
These photos give you an idea of the difficult terrain teams are dealing with during the search for 5-year-old Summer Wells. #TNAMBERAlert

E4HDcH8WQAchhLc
E4HDeM0WUAINQIM
E4HEwArX0AEYdQO
E4HFmo5XEAoILGn

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1405623772787392523?s=20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors