Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a nice community.
Yes, they are:
Hundreds of people are volunteering time to search for him and put up posters.
"I've been putting flyers up and reaching out to people to print more flyers to get them out in Johnson County and Linn County to help get it out around here because you know more people come through here, traveling and they can spread it around too," shared Sanders.

Orange ribbons are spread throughout the town of Montezuma.

"Orange was his favorite color," said owner of Hometown Hardware in Montezuma, Daryl Eichenberger.
So, we ordered a bunch of orange bulbs and we donated them. The stipulation was, as long as you wanted a bulb you contributed to the reward fund," explained Eichenberger.
Community continues to raise awareness for Xavior Harrelson 3 weeks after he went missing

I see his sweet smile and I just want to scoop him up and say, "Look at all of these people who care about you even though they don't know you." The orange light bulbs and t-shirts worn by the young ladies are really pulling at my heart today.

Despite neighbors stating that Xavior would sometimes ask them to stay in their homes I don't believe any well-intended person would harbor him, especially not after he was reported missing.
I do not share this view. No well-intended person of sound mind and reasonable intelligence would harbor him, but there are enough exceptions to make this a very real possibility.

I have been following very closely and sharing with all of my truck drivers and other professional drivers on the roads.
Where is Xavior Harrelson? Find Xavior Harrelson
xavior_1.png

xavior_2.png

XAVIOR HARRELSON
A reward of up to $17,000 is offered for information
Missing Since May 27, 2021
Missing From Montezuma, IA
DOB May 30, 2010
Age 11
Gender Male
Race White
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Blue
Height 4'9"
Weight 100 pounds
Possibly Wearing red t-shirt, blue pajama pants,
and black high-top shoe
If you have any information that might be helpful in finding Xavior, Please take the following actions:

1. Make a detailed record of the information right now. Write notes and make a video of yourself talking about it. Do these things now, while the memory is recent.
  2. Report the information to the F.B.I. via their Xavior Harrelson tipline web page.
  3. Contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office by calling 621-623-2107 to report the information.
If you are unsure if your information is useful, it is better to report it than to not.

Chi

I have a different take and hoping beyond hope this little boy is still with us.
First things first.

• He was last seen at between 11 and 11:30 am Thursday 27th May.
  • A clear description of his clothing that day was given.
  • No one else in the trailer park is reported as seeing Xavior that morning.
    • So no one else other than the last person to see him would be able to describe his attire.
  • I have never quite got to grips with Family not reporting Xaviour missing however we do not know if the Neighbour/friend did so
    • Because she was asked
    • Or because it was the right thing to do
  • There are several possible outcomes to this case
    • Accident whilst playing
    • Run away
    • Abducted by someone offering a different or better life
    • Abducted by someone who doesn't care for what ever reason.
  • Missing by design
I am hoping beyond hope this young man is OK and safe
Great first post and Welcome to WS.

I am agreeing with your possible scenarios. We really don't know yet which one it is.

But I am not sure that the Thursday 11 am sighting has been totally confirmed. The place are still saying 'sometime on May 27th' as the last seen date. I do not think they are 100% convinced boy the 11 am report. JMO

Still no press conference. The silence is screaming now. Still holding on to hopes that he is found soon. Praying for Xavior to be found safe.
I’m getting the impression there is nothing to have a press conference about. I heard on local TV the other day they were sending a news team to Montezuma, but the huge story was that the reward fund had reached $17k? They’re grasping at straws for something to report on.

I am also starting to wonder about a Harley Dilly situation ( I think that was the boy's name - tragic situation of him getting stuck in a chimney). Did Xavior leave the home and hide somewhere or go somewhere to hang out that he felt was safe and some sort of accident took his life and he got stuck somewhere?

I am also starting to wonder about a Harley Dilly situation ( I think that was the boy's name - tragic situation of him getting stuck in a chimney). Did Xavior leave the home and hide somewhere or go somewhere to hang out that he felt was safe and some sort of accident took his life and he got stuck somewhere?
This has crossed my mind also.

I’m getting the impression there is nothing to have a press conference about. I heard on local TV the other day they were sending a news team to Montezuma, but the huge story was that the reward fund had reached $17k? They’re grasping at straws for something to report on.
You're probably 100 percent correct. And yet I still wish that LE or someone from family or someone?? would say something.

JUN 17, 2021
Weeks after Xavior's disappearance investigators only have a few clues (kcci.com)
Three weeks removed from 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson's disappearance, there are few indications about the state of the search or what clues investigators may have.

[...]

Neither Iowa's Division of Criminal Investigation nor the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Department has provided an update, something community members say they are anxious to hear.

"A lot of people, from what I've seen, are scared," said KK, Xavior's next-door neighbor. "You don't even see kids going around the trailer park like you used to."

[...]

Investigators say now what they've said from the beginning: they're not ruling anything out and Xavior's disappearance could be the result of a youthful accident or a criminal act.

Search for missing boy surpasses third week | Local News | oskaloosa.com
[...]

Earlier this week, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office said a reward fund has reached $17,000 thanks to support from community members and businesses. To contribute to the fund, contact the Montezuma State Bank at 641-623-5766.

Law enforcement hopes the reward fund may help produce information to close the case.

[...]

Great first post and Welcome to WS.

I am agreeing with your possible scenarios. We really don't know yet which one it is.

But I am not sure that the Thursday 11 am sighting has been totally confirmed. The place are still saying 'sometime on May 27th' as the last seen date. I do not think they are 100% convinced boy the 11 am report. JMO

Thank You.

Personal Opinion Only based on nothing more than my interpretation of what has been reported.
  • I do not think he ran away of his own accord.
  • I do not think he had an accident whilst playing.
  • I am hoping it is option 3 or Missing by design.
I also want to keep this little boy to stay in the the news. He deserves it

On a separate note I would think this Law Enforcement agency out of many would know exactly what to look for considering the recent events in the close vicinity.

What would be useful to know is who, when & where Xaxior was independently last sighted. We know neighbour's are reported to have heard him and his Mom having a shouting match on the evening of the Wednesday 26th May, we also know that this was not an unusual occurrence.

We are also advised that Xavior and his Mom had no known of guests or visitors at the time of his disappearance.

My gut instinct rightly or wrongly is that Xavior disappeared between when he was last heard 26/05/21 and when he was last seen by the person that could describe his attire and before he was reported missing to Law Enforcement by a Neighbour or Friend just after 4 pm 27th May 2021.

So there is

Last Heard approx. 20:30hrs Wednesday 26th May 2021
Reportedly Last Seen 11am Thursday 27th May 2021
Reported Missing approximately 16:00hrs Thursday 27th May

My natural question is what happened between 20:30 hours Wednesday 26th and 11:00 hours Thursday 27th May 2021

12 hour or plus driving could end you up in the following locations.

Attachments

• 12hr driving.PNG
    12hr driving.PNG
    243 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reward in Xavior Harrelson's case eclipses $22,000

[...]

Montezuma Mayor Jacki Bolen confirmed to Iowa's News Now the total for fund is now $22,425.80.

UPDATE: Xavior Harrelson reward now more than $22,000

[...]

Xavior's mother, [SH], has since moved out of her residence but Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said law enforcement were aware of [SH] leaving the house, and did not find it concerning.

There are no substantial updates on the disappearance of Xavior, but both the Sheriff's office and DCI are still actively investigating what could have happened to the 11-year old Montezuma boy, who's been missing now since May 27.

[...]

Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel issued the following statement:

We are continuing to search for Xavior and we are following up on all leads as they come in. Our tip line is still active so if anyone has any information that they think might be helpful please give us a call at 641-623-2107 if they know something that needs addressed immediately call 911.

Thank You.

Personal Opinion Only based on nothing more than my interpretation of what has been reported.
  • I do not think he ran away of his own accord.
  • I do not think he had an accident whilst playing.
  • I am hoping it is option 3 or Missing by design.
I also want to keep this little boy to stay in the the news. He deserves it

On a separate note I would think this Law Enforcement agency out of many would know exactly what to look for considering the recent events in the close vicinity.

What would be useful to know is who, when & where Xaxior was independently last sighted. We know neighbour's are reported to have heard him and his Mom having a shouting match on the evening of the Wednesday 26th May, we also know that this was not an unusual occurrence.

We are also advised that Xavior and his Mom had no known of guests or visitors at the time of his disappearance.

My gut instinct rightly or wrongly is that Xavior disappeared between when he was last heard 26/05/21 and when he was last seen by the person that could describe his attire and before he was reported missing to Law Enforcement by a Neighbour or Friend just after 4 pm 27th May 2021.

So there is

Last Heard approx. 20:30hrs Wednesday 26th May 2021
Reportedly Last Seen 11am Thursday 27th May 2021
Reported Missing approximately 16:00hrs Thursday 27th May

My natural question is what happened between 20:30 hours Wednesday 26th and 11:00 hours Thursday 27th May 2021

12 hour or plus driving could end you up in the following locations.
Good post! Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member